Sabres Thread

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Problems now with Brian Campbell's negotiations. Last I had heard, they were cut off. Can anyone verify that?

Campbell and his agent cut off negotiations. He says he didn't want them distracting him the rest of the year. Darcy says he is isn't looking to trade Campbell, but I have a feeling that Campbell will likely be gone at the deadline if Buffalo doesn't start winning some games to keep themselves in the playoff hunt.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/news_story/?ID...name=nhl-sabres

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=3198269

Campbell and his agent cut off negotiations. He says he didn't want them distracting him the rest of the year. Darcy says he is isn't looking to trade Campbell, but I have a feeling that Campbell will likely be gone at the deadline if Buffalo doesn't start winning some games to keep themselves in the playoff hunt.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/news_story/?ID...name=nhl-sabres

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=3198269

Thanks for the links, I couldn't remember where I'd read that. Hopefully they can get him resigned, its not gonna look good for them if they lose another one of the key players this next offseason.

Now that is how you end a 10 game losing streak. 10-1 victory to put an end to their losing streak.

Stafford with the Trick, Paille and Roy with 2 each.

I'll be seeing the Sabres out here today in the desert. I'm looking forward to seeing them play again live after 7 years.

Well the disappointment for Sabres fans continues. Though I do hope you enjoyed the game Zoom as well as you Desert if you were at the game.

Well the disappointment for Sabres fans continues. Though I do hope you enjoyed the game Zoom as well as you Desert if you were at the game.

The Coyotes fan in me enjoyed it, but overall it was pretty disappointing to see the Sabres play like that. I stayed neutral in who I was rooting for. I thought the Sabres got beat in the little battles by the Coyotes all day. Thibault was a sieve. It seemed like in the third period the Sabres started picking up their play. But for the most part, it was a poor effort in my eyes. I didn't see Afinogenov at all. Their power play looked decent at times, and horrid at others. There was a huge contingent of Sabres fans there and I thought they were pretty classy. They definitely have a loyal group.

But for the most part, it was a poor effort in my eyes.

At the end of the day, I think that is the major cause of concern for this team. They have the talent, they have the goaltending and they have the coach to get it done but in these many losses this year, the Sabres have come out with little to no effort or not sustained effort. It would be quite the achievement if they were to miss the playoffs this year but if they don't pick up the effort, I think it will be a real possibility.

At the end of the day, I think that is the major cause of concern for this team. They have the talent, they have the goaltending and they have the coach to get it done but in these many losses this year, the Sabres have come out with little to no effort or not sustained effort. It would be quite the achievement if they were to miss the playoffs this year but if they don't pick up the effort, I think it will be a real possibility.

I liked what I saw out of Derek Roy. I thought he was trying to get something done, but seemed to be easily handled by the Coyote defenders. Their PP baffled me. To me it seemed like they could control the tempo when they were on attack, but once the puck would be cleared out, they'd spend the remainder of the time trying to get it back.

• 4 weeks later...

Vanek with a hat trick on the 20th. Gives him 11 goals in February and now at 25 on the season. Finally starting to pick it up after struggling for much of the season.

It would be quite the achievement if they were to miss the playoffs this year but if they don't pick up the effort, I think it will be a real possibility.

Quick trivia question: Who's the ONLY team in NHL history to win the Presidents' Trophy and then miss the playoffs the next year?

It would be quite the achievement if they were to miss the playoffs this year but if they don't pick up the effort, I think it will be a real possibility.

Quick trivia question: Who's the ONLY team in NHL history to win the Presidents' Trophy and then miss the playoffs the next year?

I admit I looked it up, but the 92/93 New York Rangers failed to make the playoffs after winning the Presidents Trophy in 91/92.

Vanek with a hat trick on the 20th. Gives him 11 goals in February and now at 25 on the season. Finally starting to pick it up after struggling for much of the season.

Is this a team of streaks or what? Win a bunch in a row, drop 2 and get completely outplayed and then turn it on again. If that doesn't sound like an eight seed I don't know what is...

Bernier off to a good start in his Sabres debut. Wearing the number 56 Bernier has 2 goals in the 1st period of his Sabres debut.

It will be interesting to see how long the honeymoon lasts for this guy. Not every game can be 8 goals and with nothing done to bolster the defensive core it will be an interesting stretch run for the Sabs. Let's see how they do against the Habs tonight. Go Sabres!

Good game for them tonight against the Flyers. I know Bernier had at least one assist, but not sure how he finished.

2 assists and 2 shots for Bernier. 2 goals, 3 assists, +3, 10 shots since he arrived.

It was a good game for the Sabres and was a big win as it moved them within 1 point of Philly for the 8 seed.

I think the Sabres are gonna find he (Bernier) was well worth the pickup. I saw he was on a line with Maxim Afinogenov.

I was happy they were able to beat the Flyers and hope they can squeak by them in the coming days to get the last playoff spot. That looks like its one heckuva race out East.

After last night's game- many fans are calling the season done. One commentator indicated the Sabs have to win 10 out of the next 12 just to qualify based upon the current point projections. I guess I didn't expect anything more when Drury and Danny went out the door (and I thought getting rid of Campbell was a mistake). Just a poor season all the way around.

After last night's game- many fans are calling the season done. One commentator indicated the Sabs have to win 10 out of the next 12 just to qualify based upon the current point projections. I guess I didn't expect anything more when Drury and Danny went out the door (and I thought getting rid of Campbell was a mistake). Just a poor season all the way around.

March 13th- let's call the season.

March 13th- let's call the season.

It has been a rough season, but with 11 games to go and only 4 points behind Philly for the 8 spot, it is still doable. Though going 2-5-3 in the last 10 while Philly has gone 5-2-3 definitely does not help.

It has been a rough season, but with 11 games to go and only 4 points behind Philly for the 8 spot, it is still doable. Though going 2-5-3 in the last 10 while Philly has gone 5-2-3 definitely does not help.

While I will always root for a victory for the Sabs there has been nothing that I have seen over the last few games to inspire me with any confidence that the last few will turn out well.

• 3 weeks later...

Well with Boston and Philly both winning, I believe it is now over.

Mathematically Buffalo could still make it, but for that to happen. Buffalo would have to win all 4 games they have left as well as Boston, Philly, or the Rangers would have to lose all of their remaining games in regulation.

So I guess I gotta say Go Sharks!!!