Comprehensive jersey history

AParrotLooksAt40

Tried finding a thread like this on here with no luck yet.

is there a place or website that not only shows teams' jersey styles/designs through the years but also explains the changes in construction and materials of NHL jerseys as a whole as well?

There might be a book out there that fits that exact description.  It's probably written by some dude with a weird obsession with gay vampires who sells it out of his garage up in Canada to jersey nerds and suckers.

Edited by Devilsguy

I have honestly considered buying a second book just so I can have one at work and need to verify something quick.

BTW, here is the link to the book - buy one!!! http://thejerseybook.com/the-book/inside/

Also, did you see the cover to the next book -  the 1994-2004 one?!?!? I can't wait for that....OMG! OMG! OMG!

19 minutes ago, spudrock512 said:

Also, did you see the cover to the next book -  the 1994-2004 one?!?!? I can't wait for that....OMG! OMG! OMG!

Ha! I love it. “Things are getting wild!” With the animals. That’s gold. 

35 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

There might be a book out there that fits that exact description.  It's probably written by some dude with a weird obsession with gay vampires who sells it out of his garage up in Canada to jersey nerds and suckers.

That was before he was a “too cool” author and he stopped hanging out here.

31 minutes ago, Dr_Puck said:

Yeah where is old Slim? If he's not posting here, he better be writing unabridged awesome history of Flyers jerseys. 

Three words. Gay vampire novella. 

I've talked with Chris a few times via email - just when I had jersey related questions and when I needed the link to order another book.

He's taking a break because he has a lot on his plate,

I think that's code for his book is getting made into a movie :huh: 

5 minutes ago, Hockey Bob said:

I've talked with Chris a few times via email - just when I had jersey related questions and when I needed the link to order another book.

He's taking a break because he has a lot on his plate,

I think that's code for his book is getting made into a movie :huh: 

Not the jersey book. 

29 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Three words. Gay vampire novella. 

My response was to DR-PUCK's question of where was he. I asked him that and he said he was just taking a break.

But if he is writing a book about gay vampires / making it into a movie, I think I'll pass

I'm more of a comedy moviegoer

32 minutes ago, Hockey Bob said:

My response was to DR-PUCK's question of where was he. I asked him that and he said he was just taking a break.

But if he is writing a book about gay vampires / making it into a movie, I think I'll pass

I'm more of a comedy moviegoer

the-twilight-saga-breaking-dawn-part-1-m

On 11/28/2017 at 4:23 PM, spudrock512 said:

I have honestly considered buying a second book just so I can have one at work and need to verify something quick.

BTW, here is the link to the book - buy one!!! http://thejerseybook.com/the-book/inside/

So the general book only goes back to the 80s for jersey history?

Early 80's
It's a great reference and looks really cool on your coffee table

I highly recommend - you will not be disappointed

You have inspired me to order 3 to give out as gifts to good friends this Holiday season - if you think you may know someone who would appreciate the book I would suggest buying multiple as shipping for one is a little pricey - but worth every penny

Edited by Hockey Bob

On 11/28/2017 at 5:49 PM, mfitz804 said:

That was before he was a “too cool” author and he stopped hanging out here.

Finally, someone understands me!

1983-1993 is still available, but running low...which is good news. Thanks again for all those who've supported my efforts :)

Sens will be released once I get pics of their NHL100 outdoor jerseys (finally!).

Pens is not far behind.

1994-2004 I'm trying for 2018, but TBD 'cause despite filling a lot of gaps, it's a crap-ton to document.

My site will be updated shortly with some great blogging goodness that includes some amazing collections, and to answer the thread question, I've been working in the background on an overall database that will cover late 70s to present day, all details....it's just that, well, it's going to take me a while longer, as it's also a crap-ton to document.

The Sens ordeal has been really crazy, and yeah, you guys are going to be the first to know, but lots of content coming very shortly.

I love you all!

2vzC4rUrxZ1VfS.jpg

2 hours ago, slimcutta said:

Finally, someone understands me!

1983-1993 is still available, but running low...which is good news. Thanks again for all those who've supported my efforts :)

Sens will be released once I get pics of their NHL100 outdoor jerseys (finally!).

Pens is not far behind.

1994-2004 I'm trying for 2018, but TBD 'cause despite filling a lot of gaps, it's a crap-ton to document.

My site will be updated shortly with some great blogging goodness that includes some amazing collections, and to answer the thread question, I've been working in the background on an overall database that will cover late 70s to present day, all details....it's just that, well, it's going to take me a while longer, as it's also a crap-ton to document.

The Sens ordeal has been really crazy, and yeah, you guys are going to be the first to know, but lots of content coming very shortly.

I love you all!

It’s good to see you posting, my man. 

Edited by slimcutta
My name is slimcutta, and I approve this message.