Carey Price

lafountain

Kid looked good in net for the Canadiens last night. Didn't seem to be phased with being on the big stage knowing that pretty much an entire country was anticipating the debut. Good start, hope to see him stick around.

I don't know much about him, but heard he won his debut last night the same date that Patrick Roy won his Canadiens debut. Next great one in the line of Montreal goalies perhaps?

You know what's scary...had the Capitals drafted Evgeny Malkin in 04 instead of Ovechkin number 1, you almost had Crosby and Ovechkin on the same team...how cool would that be?

• 2 months later...

The Kid has continued to play well. Hopefully he sticks around a bit, would like to catch one of his games on the tube. Versus is my only option so hopefully he is still getting some starts when the Canadiens are on Versus twice in January.

9-6-2 with a 2.72 GAA and .915 save percentage. Not the greatest numbers in the world, but good enough for a Rookie who last year spent most of the season in Juniors before being thrown into the AHL Playoffs where he led his team to the Championship.

At first I thought it may have been a mistake to keep him at the NHL level since he would have been the backup and I figured he would have gotten better by actually playing at the AHL level, but with Huet's injury it has allowed him to step up and show what he can do.

He's playing very well for a rookie.

Consider this:

In the last year he has played in 4 different systems:

Tri City ( Jr)

Team Canada ( jrs)

Hamilton Bulldogs ( AHL)

Habs (NHL)

He has had to adapt to 4 different teams, players, coaches and systems.....difficult for any goalie, let alone a rookie.

I really believe he is going to be a superstar in the show sooner than we all think.

His numbers dont tell the whole story, the team hasnt been playing well in front of him either.

Villa

He's playing very well for a rookie.

Consider this:

In the last year he has played in 4 different systems:

Tri City ( Jr)

Team Canada ( jrs)

Hamilton Bulldogs ( AHL)

Habs (NHL)

He has had to adapt to 4 different teams, players, coaches and systems.....difficult for any goalie, let alone a rookie.

I really believe he is going to be a superstar in the show sooner than we all think.

His numbers dont tell the whole story, the team hasnt been playing well in front of him either.

Villa

That's pretty impressive, especially for a rookie! They could have a good future ahead of them with him manning the pipes.

• 3 weeks later...

Price was sent down to the AHL today. My only guess as to why is to give him more minutes and add to his development as opposed to having him sit on the bench.

I guess I was right.

Canadiens general manager Bob Gainey talked about making changes during his midseason press conference Monday. He indicated that Price, who had struggled in his past three starts, might benefit from more playing time in Hamilton at this point of the season.

Wise move.

Get the kid some games and help him with is confidence.

He will dominate the A.

Having Halak up here ( hopefully playing a few games) will only add value to him as potential trade bait come the deadline.

Villa

Wise move.

Get the kid some games and help him with is confidence.

He will dominate the A.

Having Halak up here ( hopefully playing a few games) will only add value to him as potential trade bait come the deadline.

Villa

I am disappointed that he was sent down but this kid is the future. His positioning is unbelievable!

• 2 months later...

I am beginning to think that Price may have a shot at the Calder. Montreal is in a battle for the top spot in the East and since the deadline Price has gone 5-2 with a 2.15 GAA. His worst performance was against the Sharks when he let in 6 but the Sharks have been on a tear recently, so that is hard to hold against him.

I am beginning to think that Price may have a shot at the Calder. Montreal is in a battle for the top spot in the East and since the deadline Price has gone 5-2 with a 2.15 GAA. His worst performance was against the Sharks when he let in 6 but the Sharks have been on a tear recently, so that is hard to hold against him.

Normally I would agree with you but with him being sent down midseason and splitting time with Huet, I think the Calder would probably go more to one of the Chicago guys.

• 4 weeks later...