2018 NHL All-Star Game Jersey Watch

khabbi

6 minutes ago, Dr_Puck said:

As it was pointed out to me, the lines in the numbers may acknowledge the Sunshine Skyway Bridge. This makes sense. Sorta. 

The link you posted specifically mentioned that. 

4 minutes ago, Brilliant! said:

Pfffft...."Doctor"...

Sometimes ya gotta stop to read the articles, not just gawk at the pictures. 

Looking at the jerseys it’s going to be an All Star ‘Traffic Directing’ Game

These are really not good... Metro is horrible (which is fine by me as I won't be tempted to get a Flyers one).

Central and Atlantic are actually ok (Flyers colors, though, so I'm biased)... and I actually don't HATE the Atlantic when considering the game is in Tampa.

The sad thing is they really have an oppurtunity to do something cool with these, and instead they just seem to want them to be ugly for some reason.  If you poll 1000 NHL fans, 999 would say they don't like them.  So who the hell do they have making these and who the hell is reviewing the designs?  

I think my favorite comment I've seen so far is that you could use these to direct traffic or as an Air Traffic assistant.  

7 minutes ago, redwingsdownunder said:

Best reference I've seen is Motocross jersey.....

That’s a recycled comment fro the 2015 jerseys with the neon green, though. 

11 minutes ago, furiousd said:

I remember that. The Metro and Atlantic for this year might out-moto those, though.

No doubt, they do. 

Attended the Tampa Bay Lightning game last night and they had the ASG jerseys in stock (well, at least the Stammer).  They are absolutely crap!  With the "authentics" you get dye-sub shoulder patches, numbers, and letters.  I asked if they are doing a nicer level of jersey, and they are not.  Ugh.  

With the lightning jerseys they make up at the arena, they take the "authentic" jerseys and press layered numbers and letters onto the jerseys, and you get the real ASG patch or "25th anniv" patch on the front if you opt for it.. which makes them much nicer then the dye-sub crap you get from NHL.com or other retailers.  It's really tough to put one of these on and feel good about it when all you wear is authentics. :)

I'm still going to buy a Vasy, with my STM discount it comes to $162.50 and I gotta have at least one.  I'd love to have an authentic, but I would anticipate some pretty high bidding on the GW ones that will most likely be put up for auction. 

Edited by khabbi

1 minute ago, HannuVirta said:

The game jerseys will have one-layer sublimated numbers, so the Authentics are accurate.

Was gonna say, last year’s were that way, no?

Edited by mfitz804

Well yes and no- I own a Gameworn from last years ASG, and the numbers are much higher quality than the cheap ones you see on the repros- it's a whole other level of detail and quality, the real ones look fantastic  These repros look they were printed on a much cheaper quality machine (for mass production) while the NHL on-ice are top-notch as you would expect.  

On top of that, the Dye-sub patches on the shoulders are horrendous.  I can honestly say that unless I can get a canadian authentic, I'm out this year.  

Edited by khabbi

• 3 weeks later...

Had a great time at the ASG game this weekend, what a cool experience having it in your hometown!  

That being said, I did not buy 1 ASG this weekend.. even my wife was surprised but she understood why-  Such a Cheap product for the money, $270 with tax for any of them with a name.  The cheap Dye-Sub iron on shoulder patches and numbers just were repulsive to me.  They did sell a ton of them, however, an ran out of some sizes for some colors and couldn't keep the kid jerseys in stock (those were only $80 plus $60 for letters/numbers at least).  

Here's a few pics:

mZZCgL5.jpgjNCi7re.jpg

Edited by khabbi