Edge Jersey Timeline

silkeystev

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are referring specifically to Edge jerseys, ALL retail Canadian Edges have the large Reebok neck tag above the white size tag, no matter when they were made. The Canadian Edges without the Reebok neck tag are team-issued.  This is true during the entire run of the Edge jersey, from 2007-17.

No.  That’s not an Indo-Edge; it’s a Canadian team-issued 2.0.

Correct.  If it’s a Canadian Edge (1.0 or 2.0) made for retail sale, then it will have the Reebok neck tag.  Indo Edges (made only for retail) only have the green neck stripe and no neck tags.

There aren’t many differences between the retail and team-issued 2.0’s, so I wouldn’t think there would be that significant a difference in value.  But amongst more picky jersey enthusiasts like us, if we had a choice between a retail and team-issued, most of us would pick the latter.  (But not me, because I can’t generally fit in the team-issued sizes.)

2 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

There aren’t many differences between the retail and team-issued 2.0’s, so I wouldn’t think there would be that significant a difference in value.  But amongst more picky jersey enthusiasts like us, if we had a choice between a retail and team-issued, most of us would pick the latter.  (But not me, because I can’t generally fit in the team-issued sizes.)

I feel that, I'm not that large, but owning jerseys that are meant to be worn during game, they are just built differently and feel weird without pads.

2 hours ago, silkeystev said:

I feel that, I'm not that large, but owning jerseys that are meant to be worn during game, they are just built differently and feel weird without pads.

With Edge 2.0 jerseys, there really isn't a difference in the fit between retail and team-issued. The only difference is the reinforced fight strap that team-issued Edge 2.0 jerseys have, and as stated in this thread, the lack of a Reebok tag inside the neck. I have retail and team-issued Size 56 and they fit the same. 

Team issued and retail 2.0 are interchangeable to me. I wouldn’t pay extra for TI, but if they were the same price, then yes, I’d go TI. Just because. 

Wasn't there a year, maybe 2014, where one of the Winter Classic or Stadium Series jerseys had a green ring in the neck? I vaguely remember one of the Hawks jerseys having that for the Canadian authentics.

15 minutes ago, AParrotLooksAt40 said:

Wasn't there a year, maybe 2014, where one of the Winter Classic or Stadium Series jerseys had a green ring in the neck? I vaguely remember one of the Hawks jerseys having that for the Canadian authentics.

12 minutes ago, furiousd said:

Yeah, chrome head Stadium Series.

Devils SS did too, despite not having chrome anything. 

9 hours ago, TheKevinShow said:

Yeah, but on the bright side, the Hawks actually managed to win an outdoor game that year. 

That’s good because they rarely have the chance to participate in one. 

HA!

HA! 

As a Chicago fan I am way over it. 
I want to see other teams showcased and every year another SURPRISE! 
Chicago again.... isn't everyone excited!?! 

The outdoor games are starting to lose meaning. I thoroughly enjoy watching them on tv, but even this last one, with the Rangers hosting, had very little significance to me. It’s not like there’s a major rivalry between the Rangers and Buffalo, and even with the OT, I found the game very boring. No alumni game either.  

On 1/11/2018 at 2:01 PM, AParrotLooksAt40 said:

2011 ASG jerseys had it too. 

P1010258-X2.jpg

i-QkNrSV4

Edited by bluejacket

3 hours ago, thebiggoalie said:

The outdoor games are starting to lose meaning. I thoroughly enjoy watching them on tv, but even this last one, with the Rangers hosting, had very little significance to me. It’s not like there’s a major rivalry between the Rangers and Buffalo, and even with the OT, I found the game very boring. No alumni game either.  

I’m just tired of seeing the same teams. I know they want exposure but it’s partially what’s killing the appeal in my opinion.

2 hours ago, CJ Matthews said:

Yep, people really wanna see that Coyotes/Panthers match-up. That'll bring the ratings up!

No, not really, but I think a Colorado/Dallas in Denver or a Minnesota/Nashville in Minnesota would be nice for a change. 

11 hours ago, thebiggoalie said:

Yeah I agree. They seem to have lost their shine....I remember how jazzed up I was for the WC in Philly. Not so much this year.