Edge Jersey Timeline

silkeystev

19 hours ago, CJ Matthews said:

Yep, people really wanna see that Coyotes/Panthers match-up. That'll bring the ratings up!

I’d be hyped for it but I’m not one that likes the bigger teams. I didn’t mean go that far out but if your going to continue to go with a big team pair them with someone that hasn’t done a classic. Colorado and Minnesota are two good locations for a prime time game. I don’t know how cold it gets in Columbus. Hell I’d just be excited to see some of the expansion teams for the jersey reasons alone. Be cool to see what some of these teams would wear. 

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Team Issue vs Team Issued; same thing?

I've heard Team Issued is a jersey the team actually was given while Team Issue means the jersey was made for the team but the team never possessed it.

any truth to all this?

Team issue(d) is a blank jersey issued to the team that is unused. Either way you say it. 

Edited by mfitz804

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

Team issue(d) is a blank jersey issued to the team that is unused. Either way you say it. 

I've seen some team issued jerseys, but was never really sure if they sell for more than a regular authentic or not.  Do you know if they do?

21 minutes ago, nyr326 said:

I've seen some team issued jerseys, but was never really sure if they sell for more than a regular authentic or not.  Do you know if they do?

No they don’t. Some guys would choose a TI over a retail blank if they are the same price, but I’ve never heard anyone say they paid extra for a TI. 

27 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

No they don’t. Some guys would choose a TI over a retail blank if they are the same price, but I’ve never heard anyone say they paid extra for a TI. 

Good to know, thanks

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

I actually paid a bit more with JB for the TI, just because. Wasn't a lot more.

8 minutes ago, AParrotLooksAt40 said:

I actually paid a bit more with JB for the TI, just because. Wasn't a lot more.

Ok, now I’ve heard it. I still don’t believe they are more valuable. 

:) 

4 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Ok, now I’ve heard it. I still don’t believe they are more valuable. 

:) 

You just said  most of us would buy TI if available, so that conveys value, and I'm sure JB hangs out here so they're gathering consumer insight.

32 minutes ago, AParrotLooksAt40 said:

You just said  most of us would buy TI if available, so that conveys value, and I'm sure JB hangs out here so they're gathering consumer insight.

If available at the same price, yes. Which on its face does not convey any additional value over a retail authentic, it’s literally a choice between things of the same value by crazy people who feel an extra piece of twill on the fight strap attachment is somehow better. 

Just now, mfitz804 said:

If available at the same price, yes. Which on its face does not convey any additional value over a retail authentic, it’s literally a choice between things of the same value by crazy people who feel an extra piece of twill on the fight strap attachment is somehow better. 

True! From an aesthetic accuracy point of view it makes sense though for people around these parts.

7 minutes ago, AParrotLooksAt40 said:

True! From an aesthetic accuracy point of view it makes sense though for people around these parts.

To be honest, I’ve found better deals buying TI jerseys from MeiGray and on eBay than I have found anywhere else. Especially after the Adidas change, retail jerseys (Devils of course) at 50% off (the best discount I saw) were $150, while MeiGray had TI for $129. 

That said, I’ve never given any consideration to whether a jersey is TI, I'd never use that as a basis of my purchase decision.  

7 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

To be honest, I’ve found better deals buying TI jerseys from MeiGray and on eBay than I have found anywhere else. Especially after the Adidas change, retail jerseys (Devils of course) at 50% off (the best discount I saw) were $150, while MeiGray had TI for $129. 

That said, I’ve never given any consideration to whether a jersey is TI, I'd never use that as a basis of my purchase decision.  

Same here. I have a couple of team issued Hawks jerseys, and I've always considered TI as more of a bonus than a requirement for my collection.

Edited by gwarjis

10 hours ago, gwarjis said:

Same here. I have a couple of team issued Hawks jerseys, and I've always considered TI as more of a bonus than a requirement for my collection.

Exactly. Half of my humble collection is TI. I wouldn't not buy a jersey if it wasn't TI, but if I had the choice, even for a few bucks extra, I'd go TI for that added "bonus." 

I’d pay a few bucks more for a TI Edge or Starter. A CCM/Koho or Nike/PP, not so much as I don’t believe there was any difference aside from neck tagging. 

23 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

I agree, partially.

however, as far as 'hawks jerseys go, there is a difference between the GW/GI/TI jerseys and a lot of the retail authentic 2.0's. the tomahawks are different in they way they look stitching-wise and the way they cross over each other, in particularly the home reds. 

Edited by vadarx

8 minutes ago, vadarx said:

I agree, partially.

however, as far as 'hawks jerseys go, there is a difference between the GW/GI/TI jerseys and a lot of the retail authentic 2.0's. the tomahawks are different in they way they look stitching-wise and the way they cross over each other, in particularly the home reds. 

Have any pictures that show what you’re talking about? I find that interesting. 

1 hour ago, vadarx said:

I agree, partially.

Hmmm.... need to see examples because I have TI and retail and they’re the same 

53 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Have any pictures that show what you’re talking about? I find that interesting. 

well.... I do not at the moment... I travel for work and most of my sweaters are at home. I only bring 3 with me, one of which is the only "incorrect" retail I have left. I replaced all of the others with TI/GI versions. I honestly won't buy anything less than a TI again. at least any Reebok/adidas. 

let me see if i can get a pic of this one to load....

48 minutes ago, vadarx said:

well.... I do not at the moment... I travel for work and most of my sweaters are at home. I only bring 3 with me, one of which is the only "incorrect" retail I have left. I replaced all of the others with TI/GI versions. I honestly won't buy anything less than a TI again. at least any Reebok/adidas. 

let me see if i can get a pic of this one to load....

You travel for work and bring THREE jerseys with you? That’s badass!!!

46 minutes ago, CJ Matthews said:

I don't think he means all 3 at the same time.

I don’t think so either, but I prefer to think he does.