Help with some jerseys I want to send in to their proper customizers

shilenj

I've accumulated a handful of blanks that I've been meaning to have sent in for customization for a while and would like to at least get them out in the next few days or weeks.  I'm still pretty new to collecting and I'm shooting for accuracy over anything else.  If I could get some help on what I should tell the customizers I want done and what materials I want used as well as any other specific specs, I'd really appreciate it.  The following are what I've decided on and are waiting to be shipped to their corresponding customizers and all have been purchased from the Baron:

2014-2015 Arizona Coyotes Throwback Kachina 2.0 worn for the first time on March 5th, 2015 on Throwback Night as "Ekman-Larsson".  Sending to Artcraft Sports Apparel.

2015-2016 Arizona Coyotes Home 2.0 to be customized as "Domi".  Also sending to Artcraft Sports Apparel.

2012-2013 Boston Bruins Home 2.0 to be customized as "Hamilton".  Sending to Custom Crafted.

2015-2016 Buffalo Sabres Home 2.0 to be customized as "Eichel".  As far as I know, Action Spot Sports did the Sabres on-ice jerseys for that season but when I called and talked to the woman there, she wasn't able to tell me exactly which seasons they did Buffalo's on-ice jerseys but said they had in the past and still can do that season.  She said that they do San Jose's now.  There was a user here who got a road Eichel done up from them not so long ago but I can't remember who it was.  Can anyone confirm that this is the place that did Buffalo's 2015-2016 gamers?  I'm local and they said I can drop it off.

2015-2016 Carolina Hurricanes Home 2.0 to be customized as "Hanifin".  EPS is the place to go for this one, right?

2013-2014 Colorado Avalanche Home 2.0 to be customized as "MacKinnon".  Sending to Denver Athletic.

2013-2014 Dallas Stars Home 2.0 to be customized as "Seguin".  Sending to Blake's.

2015-2016 Detroit Red Wings Home 2.0 to be customized as "Larkin".  Sending to Sports Haven Pro Shop.

2015-2016 Edmonton Oilers Home 2.0 to be customized as "McDavid".  Sending to Elite Sportswear.

I haven't gotten ahold of all the customizers to get a price estimate, nor do I expect to get answers for all of these but if any of these teams are your expertise or if you've gotten work done by these customizers before and you can help me out, thanks in advance.  Does every EDGE 2.0 require an EDGE material nameplate (excluding teams that don't use nameplates, obviously)?

Edited by shilenj

12 hours ago, TheKevinShow said:

The Stars jersey will be very simple, as those numbers were one layer and there was no nameplate.

The Hurricanes should go to EPS.

Should I just tell Blake's to customize to on-ice specs for the 2015-2016 season?  They seemed like they were pretty knowledgeable when I explained what I was inquiring about on the phone so I feel like they don't need to know much more.  Maybe I'll include a photo or two to be safe.  Also, my Stars jersey has the neon green neck tape and the Lextra NHL shield.  Does it match 2015-2016?

As for the Canes, what would I request?

23 minutes ago, shilenj said:

Also, my Stars jersey has the neon green neck tape and the Lextra NHL shield.  Does it match 2015-2016?

Are you sure you have a 2.0?  If it has a Lextra shield like on a 2.0, shouldn’t the neck tape be black?

4 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

Are you sure you have a 2.0?  If it has a Lextra shield like on a 2.0, shouldn’t the neck tape be black?

Could it be in Indo jersey?  (A made in Indonesia "Authentic" jersey)

That’s what I was getting at.  :)

50 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

My mistake.  The tape is black.

It's a 2.0 with the Lextra shield and I want it to be a 2013-2014, not a 2015-2016 like I said before.  I was referring to the incorrect season there so I want 2013-2014 on-ice specs.

Edited by shilenj

On 2/2/2018 at 1:38 AM, TheKevinShow said:

I believe the name and numbers should be layered.

Matching EDGE nameplate as well?  I'm thinking if I just tell EPS to do it to on-ice specs they'll take care of the rest.  They customized the Canes gamers that season, right?

As for the others, the Stars jersey was shipped out a few days ago and Blake's has an expected turnaround of about a month.  For anyone interested they charged $65.00.  Cash or money order only.

I managed to contact ASA and their turnaround is only about two weeks.  They charge $75.00 for the Home (and presumably Away) Coyotes EDGE jerseys and $85.00 for the Kachina Throwbacks, again, for anyone interested in prices.

I'm local for Action Spot Sports and have had them do Sabres jerseys, and they've come out perfectly from what I can tell. I have a home and an away Eichel that they did. I'm pretty sure they did the on-ice jerseys in 2015-16.

9 hours ago, dsl135 said:

I'm local for Action Spot Sports and have had them do Sabres jerseys, and they've come out perfectly from what I can tell. I have a home and an away Eichel that they did. I'm pretty sure they did the on-ice jerseys in 2015-16.

How about Buffaslugs?

23 hours ago, TheKevinShow said:

Blake's doesn't take checks? They told me they did the last time I spoke to them.

Hmm.  I spoke with them a month or so ago and they told me cash or money order only.  I sent cash.  The woman on the phone needed to ask a few questions to whoever her manager was while I held on the phone so maybe she was mistaken and checks are also accepted.

15 hours ago, dsl135 said:

Maybe you were who I saw that posted the photos of the Away Eichel in another thread.  I'm local as well and while I haven't heard 100% from anyone, it seems likely that they were indeed the 2015-2016 customizer.  I'd like to get a definite answer, of course, but I'm very tempted to drop it off soon in person and just get them to do the job.  I've been wanting that one for a while and the jersey's been in my closet ready to go for quite some time.

16 hours ago, TheKevinShow said:

How about Buffaslugs?

I had them do some for someone a while back, and from what I could tell they looked good. I don't know if they were definitely the customizer or not though.

6 hours ago, Hawks2797 said:

Anyone sent a jersey to Pro Knitwear?  I    have a game issued Pens Adidas with the team tags in it.  Want to send it off to make it a Letang.  How are they? 

They're a bit pricey but the quality is excellent, as one would expect from the on-ice company. When I had them do my 2017 SCF Kessel, it was about $140 shipped: $95 for the customization, $8 for each patch and shipping. I assume that if I hadn't provided my own Edge plate, they would have charged for it.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone have any recommendations for getting an Edge 2.0 Sharks jersey done anywhere other than the team's customizer?

Guest Dr_Puck
12 minutes ago, cheddarberg said:

Anyone have any recommendations for getting an Edge 2.0 Sharks jersey done anywhere other than the team's customizer?

Keener in Winnipeg. Outstanding work that's done in a timely manner by a team that really cares about the hobby and getting details right. If they haven't done one before (check their website), they will do the research to get it right. 

3 hours ago, cheddarberg said:

Out of curiosity, why don't you want to go directly to the on-ice customizer?

On 2/16/2018 at 1:51 AM, TheKevinShow said:

Out of curiosity, why don't you want to go directly to the on-ice customizer?

Looking to have it customized by a certain time. Not sure I'll be able to afford the turn around time.

Any Hawks experts out there?

I contacted CSL and their turnaround time is only a week or two.  I want to have a 2015-2016 Panarin Home done up.  I bought the jersey from the Baron.  Besides customization to on-ice specs with a matching EDGE nameplate, anything else I need to tell them?  It's my first time having work done by them.

While I'm sure that they'll do it properly without prompting, make sure that you specify that you want the numbers layered. It never hurts to be specific.

When I sent them my 1.0 to be done as a Kane, this is what I included in the instructions.

Please customize my red Reebok Chicago Blackhawks jersey size 54 to on-ice specifications with KANE #88 with an alternate captain's A, layered numbers and an Edge material nameplate. Please attach the enclosed William Wirtz memorial patch to the upper right chest as shown in the enclosed reference photo.

It came out perfectly.

46 minutes ago, TheKevinShow said:

While I'm sure that they'll do it properly without prompting, make sure that you specify that you want the numbers layered. It never hurts to be specific.

When I sent them my 1.0 to be done as a Kane, this is what I included in the instructions.

It came out perfectly.

Thanks for the advice.  I'll make sure to include that information.  I'm going to get it on its way.

Hawks never had a Lextra NHL shield on their Home and Away, did they?

1 hour ago, TheKevinShow said:

It came out perfectly.

That’s how you do it, perfect example. 

If the customizer in question is the official team provider, it’s more likely than not it will match what was on-ice, but I’ve heard of customizers (CSL being one if I recall) that won’t give an Edge nameplate without it being requested.

So always ask for exactly what you want. If you don’t, you may get what you get. Being vague and only saying “to on ice specs” may not be enough. 

It took Blake's about only a month to do my Seguin and return it to me.  I'll post pictures at a later time but they did a great job and it came out perfect.

I also sent in my Coyotes Kachina Throwback to Artcraft Sports Apparel.  The customer service on the phone was great.  The woman I talked to told me I didn't need to send any photos to go by or anything and that they had all the materials needed.  All she said to send was a note saying I wanted it done to on-ice specifications with the alternate captain's "A" patch.  They were very helpful and the turnaround time was only about two weeks.  However, I noticed upon receiving the jersey back that they put a nameplate on it.  I checked more photos again and the jersey wasn't supposed to have a nameplate at all.  Everything else looked fine but the nameplate is definitely not supposed to be there.

Now, one of two things happened.  Either they made a mistake and put one on or I, who at the time thought the Coyotes didn't have one for on-ice specs for this jersey, made a mistake and perhaps accidentally wrote down that I wanted a matching EDGE nameplate included.  With all the jerseys being packaged up and sent out recently, it could very well have been my own fault and I could have just made an error when I wrote down what I wanted done.

Since it's the Kachina Throwback, the jersey's black.  How would you guys go about having this fixed and done the way it was originally supposed to be done?  My best bet I'm sure is to call Artcraft and explain to them what happened and send it back and see if they can strip the nameplate and re-do the lettering without it for another charge (maybe they won't charge me the full customization amount if I'm lucky).  Is this what you guys would suggest doing?  I don't think I want to touch it myself because I have no experience with doing the work on my own.  Since it's a black jersey do you think it'll show much after it's redone correctly without the nameplate?

Again, this could easily and likely have been my fault and not theirs.  I'd bet on it being me actually.  Simple mistake and the first time I messed up customization directions.  I just want to get it fixed so it's done the right way.  Big pain of having in shipped back and paying extra to fix it now but I learned to be extra careful next time.