Hurricanes/Whalers Connection?

CJ Matthews

Amazing quote:

"I think we should have a store that sells that Whalers merchandise online and we should explore playing games in that jersey and selling that gear. It's part of the legacy," said Dundon. "And I just like cool stuff. If we don't, it will mean something went wrong."

How awesome is an owner who "just likes cool stuff"?

As a Hurricanes fan, I have no issues with this. Would be neat to take part in retro stuff and you won’t find me complaining about more merchandise, unless it goes the baseball route where you have 6 different holiday jerseys and hats. Don’t want it to happen full time, which I doubt will happen. Vancouver is already green and blue, Seattle could possibly use the same colors.

I know this is probably backwards then most fans but I actually like the mid 90’s jerseys right before they left better than the green and whites.

Edited by AeroFishOne

50 minutes ago, AeroFishOne said:

Vancouver is already green and blue, Seattle could possibly use the same colors. 

There's gotta be something written somewhere that says if Seattle gets a team, they can't just jack their closest geographical rival's colours. 

If they can't just do that, I'd be in favour of the Canucks selling the colours and going back to the red, white and yellow of the skate logo days. Most Canucks fans were pissed when they went away from it. Current colours are nice and make sense with the region, but the skate logo and colours weren't broken. It didn't need fixing. 

Edited by Van67

1 hour ago, Van67 said:

There's gotta be something written somewhere that says if Seattle gets a team, they can't just jack their closest geographical rival's colours. 

If they can't just do that, I'd be in favour of the Canucks selling the colours and going back to the red, white and yellow of the skate logo days. Most Canucks fans were pissed when they went away from it. Current colours are nice and make sense with the region, but the skate logo and colours weren't broken. It didn't need fixing. 

A lot of people see the hockey team going to some kind of blue green combo since many of the teams in the area use some combination of the colors. If it meant Vancouver going back to red, yellow and black. Please do. Those edge versions were beautiful

Guest Dr_Puck

On the surface, I do not have a problem with this move. Odd? Yes. Bad form? Not really. 

Yet this is an organization that's had a hard time divesting itself of the past. The Whalers simply won't go away. The team should be looking forward with the new ownership group to further building up a unique -- and largely successful to this point-- market. Going back to a jersey that a fair number of fans outside of Raleigh would rather see over the current jersey doesn't make sense to me. That said,

2000?cb=20151107094939

3 hours ago, Brilliant! said:

Could you imagine the money each team would make if the Hurricanes and Avalanche played a Winter Classic using their original uniforms?

You're assuming the NHL makes enough merchandise to sell. When have they ever done that?

Guest Dr_Puck
3 hours ago, Brilliant! said:

Could you imagine the money each team would make if the Hurricanes and Avalanche played a Winter Classic using their original uniforms?

My brain would not handle such awesomeness. 

13 hours ago, Brilliant! said:

The people in Quebec City and Hartford, CT would riot.

21 hours ago, Brilliant! said:

Do you mean 90s Avalanche, or old Colorado Rockies?

I think he means Nordiques.