Is a backup worn goalie jersey more valuable than just a GI one?

Operation Ivy

I have a few goalie jerseys of prospects who were called up during the regular season but never actually played in a game. I was only planning on selling them as game issued but wanted to know if wearing it in the warmup and on the bench adds more value. Of course there is no wear on them AFAIK(could have a few marks from the warmup shots, will thoroughly check later) so there is no definitive photo match, but the jersey sets on the equipment manager patches match the sets that were worn in the games I have found photos for. I have only researched three jerseys so far at which point I stopped and wondered if there is even any purpose in doing it.

1 hour ago, Operation Ivy said:

I have a few goalie jerseys of prospects who were called up during the regular season but never actually played in a game. I was only planning on selling them as game issued but wanted to know if wearing it in the warmup and on the bench adds more value. Of course there is no wear on them AFAIK(could have a few marks from the warmup shots, will thoroughly check later) so there is no definitive photo match, but the jersey sets on the equipment manager patches match the sets that were worn in the games I have found photos for. I have only researched three jerseys so far at which point I stopped and wondered if there is even any purpose in doing it.

Value is relative, as everybody feels differently about such things. Some people prefer their gamers signed by the player, some people prefer them unaltered from when they were used on the ice. It really comes down to a person by person basis. The more descriptive you are about a jersey when you sell it, the better chance you have of finding somebody who is interested as you'll hit more search terms. One person might value it more because it's been worn, and someone else might consider it the same value as a regular authentic because it didn't see game time.

On 2/17/2018 at 0:42 PM, TheKevinShow said:

My thoughts exactly. I'd put bench-worn on the scale below game-worn but above game-issued.

My thoughts too.