Pawn Stars - Golden Knights Jersey

spudrock512

Did anyone see the Pawn Stars from last night?  A guy brought in a Golden Knights jersey signed by Marc Andre Fleury.  I was an authentic made in Canada Adidas jersey, that was worn by MAF at the expansion draft, but it was a #17 and said Golden Knights on the back.  So as I would consider it, a promotional jersey.  It is this jersey:

Image result for Marc andre fleury expansion draft

Here is link to part of the episode: 

Anyway, they bought the jersey for $1700!!!! Isn't that a huge over pay?  I was sitting there with my wife and i said, that is like a $500 jersey, they just got ripped off.  Just figured I would discuss this with fellow jersey nerds.

• 2 weeks later...

Just saw this thread now.  What's funny is that when this was posted in the FB game worn groups many were saying that Rick got it for a steal.

haha fair enough.  I guess "interesting" is the word I should I used.

Honestly to me this is more of an "event worn" jersey than anything else.  They tried to make it out as the very first jersey worn for the team which I guess you can interpret it that way, but I don't think it is any different than any other of those "draft worn" jerseys that pop up every so often.  I have never bought one nor cared enough to look into that market, so I really don't know how much these things go for, but the price they settled on just seems a bit high to me.

Assuming it’s the actual event worn jersey (there’s talk on FB about it being a possible publicity stunt by the Knights) I think $1700 is kinda high, too. Big deal, Fleury wore it for a few hours at the draft. 

But, what do I know. Lindros’s press conference jersey sold for over $4,400 at Classic. Different circumstances, but take it for what you will. Fleury will be a HOFer too. 

The Vegas Golden Knights jerseys will definitely be interesting to see how they hold value in the future. 1700 for a draft jersey seems absurd, but Fleury is the face of the franchise and they are the most successful expansion team.  Personally, I would rather spend that money on a gamer than a draft jersey. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/22/2018 at 10:01 AM, NYIJM29 said:

The Vegas Golden Knights jerseys will definitely be interesting to see how they hold value in the future. 1700 for a draft jersey seems absurd, but Fleury is the face of the franchise and they are the most successful expansion team.  Personally, I would rather spend that money on a gamer than a draft jersey. 

Yeah, until he melts down in the playoffs again. :lol:

• 1 month later...