EPS Spring Sale 2018?

mfitz804

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Anyone heard any rumblings as to whether there will be a Spring Sale this year? 

Aren't you EPS's best customer? Surely they've told you when to send your next box of 20 haha.

I just checked their Facebook page and no new updates since January 26th.

29 minutes ago, dsl135 said:

Aren't you EPS's best customer? Surely they've told you when to send your next box of 20 haha.

1) If you send a box of 20, you always get the discount. 

2) No collector is their best customer, we account for only 5% of their business and they never hesitate to remind us of that. Its not a question you can ask them and they will answer. 

:) 

Guest Dr_Puck
On 2/28/2018 at 3:57 PM, mfitz804 said:

2) No collector is their best customer, we account for only 5% of their business and they never hesitate to remind us of that.

This is precisely why I go to Keener, even though shipping charges are a bit higher to and from Canada. They actually care about the regular collectors. 

1 hour ago, Dr_Puck said:

This is precisely why I go to Keener, even though shipping charges are a bit higher to and from Canada. They actually care about the regular collectors. 

There’s certainly an argument in favor of that. 

I've been tempted to email about a spring sale (have a Devils stadium series needing to be done), but I never know if I'll get my a$$ chewed out when I send any kind of a question. Customer service definitely is not EPS' strength.

Edited by Van67

1 hour ago, Van67 said:

I've been tempted to email about a spring sale (have a Devils stadium series needing to be done), but I never know if I'll get my a$$ chewed out when I send any kind of a question. Customer service definitely is not EPS' strength.

They wouldn’t answer you anyway. 

I'm getting the sense that they're phasing out individual customers like ourselves. No Facebook posts in roughly 6 weeks and their last tweet was November 3/17. I also ordered a Reebok 2.0 UND jersey right from the team store in January and in my emails with them, they told me their customizing company doesn't want them to tell anyone who they use because they would rather have a business pay in bulk (which does make sense from a business point of view). They told me it was a company near Chicago, which made it obvious, but it also made me decide to pay for it all with the Sioux Shop because they guarantee 4-6 weeks customization, whereas if I get the jersey and send it to split the cost, I might get my UND Boeser jersey by puckdrop of the 2018/19 season. 

Anyway, back to the Spring Sale topic... looking back at their Facebook history (which is not long), they posted March 17/17 that their sale began the following Monday, which was March 20. Still a couple weeks until anyone should realistically expect any advertising.

Edited by Van67

On 3/4/2018 at 2:50 AM, Van67 said:

I'm getting the sense that they're phasing out individual customers like ourselves. No Facebook posts in roughly 6 weeks and their last tweet was November 3/17. I also ordered a Reebok 2.0 UND jersey right from the team store in January and in my emails with them, they told me their customizing company doesn't want them to tell anyone who they use because they would rather have a business pay in bulk (which does make sense from a business point of view). They told me it was a company near Chicago, which made it obvious, but it also made me decide to pay for it all with the Sioux Shop because they guarantee 4-6 weeks customization, whereas if I get the jersey and send it to split the cost, I might get my UND Boeser jersey by puckdrop of the 2018/19 season. 

Anyway, back to the Spring Sale topic... looking back at their Facebook history (which is not long), they posted March 17/17 that their sale began the following Monday, which was March 20. Still a couple weeks until anyone should realistically expect any advertising.

Could also be Triple Threat Sports. They also are no far from Chicago.

EPS posted about a half hour ago that they are right now busy with St. Patricks Day and end of season jersey sets (probably meaning playoff and/or OTB night jerseys) for their pro teams.  They are advising that this will delay orders for individuals.

I can imagine if they hold a spring sale it won't be until those are cleared out.

1 minute ago, furiousd said:

Weren't they pretty busy at this time a couple years ago, and they just skipped the sale entirely?

I believe so.

19 minutes ago, furiousd said:

Weren't they pretty busy at this time a couple years ago, and they just skipped the sale entirely?

Yup, two years ago there was no sale. That was the reason given, they only do the sale when their business slows down, and it didn't slow down. 

Hoping they do have one this year as I have a few replica jerseys I want to have done, and saving 20% would be good as far as keeping the cost down. 

It bears further noting that because of the whole "when we slow down" policy, they say that the the start time of the sale can vary. Last year it started March 20th. 2015 was March 16. 2014 was March 17. Not a whole lot of variation.

So it's not looking good. 

If I was a betting man, my money would be on no spring sale this year.  I could be wrong though.

That hurts.  I've go 10 or 11 I've been holding onto for a while in hopes that the sale returned.

11 minutes ago, LetsGoCaps said:

That hurts.  I've go 10 or 11 I've been holding onto for a while in hopes that the sale returned.

Collect another 4-5, ghey’ll Give you 15% off 15 jerseys any time, sale or no sale.

I’ve only got 3 at the moment, maybe 4-6 if I feel like customizing a couple I could just as well keep blank. But at least 3 are replicas, so the cheaper the better.

Looks like I’ll just pay full price. But I’m waiting another week or two just in case. 

That Facebook notice this morning makes me weary. I asked UND to get an update on the jersey I got through them in January. They told me last week that my jersey was shipping back to them early this week. I hope this hasn't affected that. 

I wonder why EPS doesn't expand their business with the amount of individuals who use them for their quality of work. Thankful for Keener up here in Canada these days. 

Could be worse. I have three emails and a phone call into Bobcat Athletic without a single response to any. Great customer service. 

58 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

Could be worse. I have three emails and a phone call into Bobcat Athletic without a single response to any. Great customer service. 

True, but I’d like to see them again. Especially where I got an order I sent in literally one day earlier 3 weeks ago. 

51 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

True, but I’d like to see them again. Especially where I got an order I sent in literally one day earlier 3 weeks ago. 

Yep. 4 months is just crazy. But, I know that they (EPS) are busy. 

Edited by jsh139

Guest Dr_Puck

On one hand, it would be nice if Keener did a big sale. However, I don't want mfitz bogging down my favorite customizer with useless Brodeur and Mickey Mouse jerseys.