Hockey Stick Display

TBLightningFan

Has anyone displayed a stick before? I ask because my girlfriend acquired an autographed stick at yesterday's Bolts Sabres game (which I'm still bitter about), and we'd like to put it up in her place. How do you suggest mounting it on the wall? It's a full size stick (and not that it matters, but it's a girlish pink in honor of Hockey Fights Cancer night, we were supporting breast cancer research, or else I'd have a Richards stick right now...). Thanks for your insight guys!

Has anyone displayed a stick before? I ask because my girlfriend acquired an autographed stick at yesterday's Bolts Sabres game (which I'm still bitter about), and we'd like to put it up in her place. How do you suggest mounting it on the wall? It's a full size stick (and not that it matters, but it's a girlish pink in honor of Hockey Fights Cancer night, we were supporting breast cancer research, or else I'd have a Richards stick right now...). Thanks for your insight guys!

Nice acquisition. As for how to display it, you have a few options. You can get it put in a frame designed for hockey sticks, or you can display it just standing up against the wall, or you can put a couple of square hooks in the wall and just put the stick on the hooks. Those are the three best options I can come up with.

Nice acquisition. As for how to display it, you have a few options. You can get it put in a frame designed for hockey sticks, or you can display it just standing up against the wall, or you can put a couple of square hooks in the wall and just put the stick on the hooks. Those are the three best options I can come up with.

She couldn't be happier with what she snagged, and she got it the first night she was wearing her customized Holmqvist jersey (those girly pink ones). I think it was just in the cards. Thanks for the insight, I didn't know they made frames specifically for sticks. I think were gonna try to track down some nice square hooks to hold it snugly to the wall. Although its pink, it should look pretty nice. I wouldn't wanna just prop it against a wall waiting for one of our friends to stumble into it and break it...

or you can put a couple of square hooks in the wall and just put the stick on the hooks. T

I have a signed stick from the Sabres of 2 years ago and that's what I did. I just screwed some l-shaped brackets into the wall above the fireplace and they have been holding the stick ever since.

They make cases for just about anything nowadays. Here is one I found. http://www.sportscases.com/hocsticdsipc.html I can't remember the place I used to go through for my baseball cases or my hockey pucks but if I can find the site, I will post it up. I still want to find a good framing shop though for a jersey or two of mine.

That's a nice looking case. I think I'm gonna go the hook route too. It's a little pricey.

I too would like to find a nice framing place for jerseys. I see them in bars and at the Forum framed nicely all the time, but no one seems to know where they came from. Maybe it's a business IJ.com needs to expand into? Buy, customiz e, frame and ship your jerseys?! :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

I'm a little late finding this topic - but hopefully this finds some of you useful:

Here are some nice brackets (my wife picked up 2 for my Sakic & Bourque sticks for Christmas). I got them up last night, I'm real happy. They came nicely packaged, and quality is very nice. Great idea.

She bought them from ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/Display-Game-Used-Auto...0QQcmdZViewItem

But it looks like they're getting a site going: http://www.breakawaydisplays.com

Anyway, thought I'd chime in.

I'm a little late finding this topic - but hopefully this finds some of you useful:

Here are some nice brackets (my wife picked up 2 for my Sakic & Bourque sticks for Christmas). I got them up last night, I'm real happy. They came nicely packaged, and quality is very nice. Great idea.

She bought them from ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/Display-Game-Used-Auto...0QQcmdZViewItem

But it looks like they're getting a site going: http://www.breakawaydisplays.com

Anyway, thought I'd chime in.

Welcome to the board! Thanks for posting that link. My wife has a signed stick from the 96-97 Coyotes that really should go on the wall and these mounts should do the trick.

Agreed, I'll post some pictures if you like when I finally get it up, things have been really hectic here, so the poor thing is still propped up on the wall.