The New Jerseys

lafountain

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like the Isles have (un)officially introduced new ones. Here's the $67 Million dollar man sporting one

Edit: Sorry. Didn't see the image above me.

Here are Newsday links...

http://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey/islan...0,1248933.story

(true to tradition??? heh)

http://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey/islan...76.photogallery

OK, OK, those WERE the jerseys in the leaked photos. Geez.

And the Detroit Free Press article on the redwings jersey...

http://freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID...ORTS05/70815046

I agree with the Wings Equipment Manager in this quote.

“I want to see how it holds up on the elbows,” Boyer said. “I want to see what happens when a guy gets slashed or pulled or there’s a piece of composite material that’s sticking out of a stick, I want to see how easy it tears. Everything I’m seeing says it should be OK and it should stand up to the test of time.”

Let's see how these things hold up after many games. One All-Star game is not a judge of how durable these things are gonna be.

Got this little tidbit from the Islanders website.

In order to keep pace with the new times, the Islanders followed in the footsteps of the extremely popular Buffalo Sabres jerseys by including the players numbers on the front of the jersey. The Islanders, along with four other teams, feature numbers on the front, with more likely to follow in the coming years.

Though I noticed something. On Witt's jersey there are numbers on the sleeve, but not on DiPietro's.

31905654.jpg

jersey_3_article.jpg

So for those four teams featuring numbers on the front, you have the Isles, the Sabres, and the Stars who I hear will have them on the chest on the white jersey and in the center, like the University of Denver's jersey. That leaves one other team.

Those Islanders jerseys are worse than the fisherman, hands down.

Got this little tidbit from the Islanders website.

In order to keep pace with the new times, the Islanders followed in the footsteps of the extremely popular Buffalo Sabres jerseys by including the players numbers on the front of the jersey. The Islanders, along with four other teams, feature numbers on the front, with more likely to follow in the coming years.

Though I noticed something. On Witt's jersey there are numbers on the sleeve, but not on DiPietro's.

31905654.jpg

jersey_3_article.jpg

Man, the Isles just can't win on this redesigning jerseys thing. I liked the fisherman, but geez...the recent ones were good, this is bad.

I liked the JERSEYS from the fisherman era with those wavy numbers and all. They used those with the classic font in 1997 or 1998, I think. I have a Palffy jersey from that season or whichever was the 25th anniversary season, I don't remember. I always liked the classic ones, too, but I grew up watching those, so I'm biased :stickhndl:

Wait, they used the original fonts on the fisherman jerseys? I thought those always had the wavy style even when they nixed the Gorton's dude and put the original crest on the new jerseys. I remember they made the switch in 1996-97 when they wore both styles and then the next year Gorton was gone completely. I'm pretty sure that '97 was the 25th anniversary too.

It's funny that you mention Palffy because a few weeks ago, I was at one of my accounts in Keansburg and they had a signed picture of Ziggy on the ice wearing the fisherman jersey hanging over the bar. I had to take a picture of it and send it to my buddy who's a big Isles fan. We both got a laugh out of it.

Wait, they used the original fonts on the fisherman jerseys? I thought those always had the wavy style even when they nixed the Gorton's dude and put the original crest on the new jerseys. I remember they made the switch in 1996-97 when they wore both styles and then the next year Gorton was gone completely. I'm pretty sure that '97 was the 25th anniversary too.

The wavy jerseys always had the wavy numbers, regardless of the crest.

Just screwing around with Photoshop today when I decided to make a Leafs concept. It could use a little work, and the numbers could look a little better, but I wanted to share it anyway.

rbktorhomeau2.jpg

I would use the number fonts that were on the Nike jerseys. Wouldn't that be a good idea? I would remove the TML letters underneath the NHL shield. Maybe the TML shoulder patches from last years jersey would look good.

Canucks fans only have to wait 9 more days. Teasers are out.

Picture%205.png

Brilliant edit: Your link doesn't work.

It seems as though they don't like you to link pics from their site over at blogspot.

I received this from the Coyotes in my email ...

COYOTESFEST

SAT. SEPT. 15 ~ 11AM-4PM

Mark your calendars! CoyotesFest is just a few weeks away and is your first chance to meet all of your 2007-08 Coyotes players and get the first look at the new RBK Edge Uniform System!

I guess we can add 9/15 for the Coyotes to the list.