The New Jerseys

lafountain

Like I said for the Ottawa ones, they're OK but I'm not a huge fan of them either.

A lot of these jerseys are looking like practice jerseys to me, not actual on ice jerseys. I think I am just going to cry for a bit in my old school (i.e., last year) jerseys and forget that this jersey roll out ever happened.

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

August 29: Vancouver

September 4: Calgary, Montreal

September 5: Pittsburgh

September 7: Minnesota

September 13: Atlanta, Toronto

September 14: Dallas, Chicago

September 15: Phoenix, St Louis

September 16: Philadelphia, Carolina, Edmonton

More updates.

This leaves Anaheim, Buffalo, Colorado, and New Jersey as the only teams without dates or who have not already unveiled theirs.

I would imagine that Anaheim and Buffalo would be very minimal changes, and New Jersey has supposedly stated that their jersey will not have any changes at all except to fit the new design.

August 29: Vancouver

September 4: Calgary, Montreal

September 5: Pittsburgh

September 7: Minnesota

September 13: Atlanta, Toronto

September 14: Dallas, Chicago

September 15: Phoenix, St Louis

September 16: Philadelphia, Carolina

September 17: Edmonton

The Oilers will be unveiling theirs on the 16th not the 17th.

Pictures of the Canucks jersey. Actually a very nice look for it, I like this one quite a bit. The only thing I don't like about this at all is the word Vancouver across the top of the Crest. The last two are screen caps from the online stream of the unveiling.

aug2807_luongo_tt.jpg

BlueandWhite.jpg

TeamLineup.jpg

RBK obviously did not ban horizontal stripes for teams that aren't original 6 because the new Canucks jerseys have some. Overall, however, I don't like what they did.

I like the idea of having the city name on the front of the jersey. They have every reason to be proud of Vancouver. It's a beautiful city, and they have supported the franchise well. especially the last few years. I like it. A good blend of old and new.

Ugh! I don't like it. I don't like the colors and I don't like the word Vancouver on the jersey. It looks like a cheap Made in Korea fake. They should punish the designer of that jersey... :fight:

I would have LOVED those if they didn't have the HORRIBLE wordmark.

I like them sign me up for a blue one with Bourdon on the back.

I like em! I'm with the majority in not liking the wordmark on the front, but the Canucks did a good job with this one! I'm applauding this style.

It reminds me of the Sabres jersey, love the colors and striping but hate the logo (in this case the wording).

Some basic rules for hockey jerseys:

1) Have a logo or have the city name on front but not both.

2) Too much negative space is a bad thing.

3) Never change a logo into a cartoon character.

VANCOUVER on the front.....??........where did that come from?

According to the official site's splash intro, the word on front is from the Vancouver Millionaires and WHL Vancouver Canucks. I can not find any evidence of this anywhere. I know the Millionaires wore a jersey with block V logo that had the word Vancouver spelled out inside it. I did find a picture from the WHL days. They had CANUCKS written across the front, though, not VANCOUVER. But I'll take their word on their explanation.

That wordmark is a negative, I hope they remove it in all honesty. This is probably the first new jersey I could actually see myself buying someday. It still looks like a regular hockey jersey to me and even retains their history with the stick and rink logo and colors.

For some reason, I like these. I hate the whale, I always have, but it's clean-looking on these. I don't have a problem with VANCOUVER on front, but I don't think it was necessary to shove that down our throats. The shoulder logos look modernized. I see Orca leaping out of the water on the white jersey's logo and out of the ice on the blue jersey's logo. I do like that they made an attempt to hybrid the team's history into the new ones, even if that means the skate logo gets now representation. Of all the new jerseys so far, I put this one toward the top. I'll probably buy a blue one someday, just because I like how the logo shows up on there better.

See, if that VANCOUVER wasn't at the top of the chest, I'd agree with you 100%. It's a sharp looking jersey and probably the best looking so far. I read somewhere that it's a call back to the Vancouver Millionaires. I don't know what that jersey looked like but evidently that's where the VANCOUVER part came from.

And it does look like the rink and stick logo got tweeked but in a good way. The colors are so much better now than that red and dark blue.

It's funny because I think I'm the only person around here that I know who actually likes the orca logo. I think it's a good connection with the whole Pacific Northwest theme...kinda like when the Coyotes had the Picasso jerseys. However, I wasn't too crazy about the colors when the jerseys initially came out. They were a little too dark but when they started to get tweaked a little bit in the early 2000's, I started to dig it a lot more(They did lighten it didn't they? My colorblindness really blows). I'm starting to think I'll pick one of these new ones up actually. The more I see it, the more I like it. I just wish the same could be said for more of the new jerseys...

New Wild jerseys leaked?

If that's the case, then it's not too bad. Have I mentioned berfore how much I love that logo?

If that is it, then that isn't too bad. I would consider getting one of those.