The New Jerseys

lafountain

So the Moral of the Story is when looking to buy a customized jersey we should just go to icejerseys.com.

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the Moral of the Story is when looking to buy a customized jersey we should just go to icejerseys.com.

:D

... i guess i can sew the letters on a name plate i allready have.

only if you can remove the letters from their nameplate. I didn't work with my Kings lettering kit. Besides that, I told them to not heatseal the letters on a nameplate. So I was forced to cut out the letters from the nameplate.

only if you can remove the letters from their nameplate. I didn't work with my Kings lettering kit. Besides that, I told them to not heatseal the letters on a nameplate. So I was forced to cut out the letters from the nameplate.

But i belived that "unsewn" meant the letters are not sewn onto the namebar!.......this is too cunfusing for me.......... :unsure:

But i belived that "unsewn" meant the letters are not sewn onto the namebar!.......this is too cunfusing for me.......... :unsure:

You're right. I mean, the letters are heatsealed to the nameplate. Impossible to have them removed from the nameplate.

Ditto *gulp* I'm afraid of the Avalanche jerseys now...

Let's hope there's a big enough out-cry when the jerseys become available to the public that they revert to the old style jerseys. Or would the NHL not do that and admit they were wrong? :fight:

Let's hope there's a big enough out-cry when the jerseys become available to the public that they revert to the old style jerseys. Or would the NHL not do that and admit they were wrong? :fight:

When you spend about 3 years and thousands of dollars on something like this, you don't just scrap it because a bunch of fans think it's bad. Sad, because I could care less about some new "water-resistant, faster moving" fabric if it doesn't look like a hockey jersey. So far, it seems like only the Original 6 will have things that look like "hockey jerseys." Everyone else probably won't. Where's the tradition?

Baseball is the ultimate traditionalist sport, and now people wish they could change the rules but they can't. At some point you just need to say tradition be damned, we need to move forward.

And let's the face it, the NHL is telling teams to put out ugly jerseys. What they do is their own choice, most teams just apparently have really brutal marketing staffs.

Uh-oh, uniwatchblog (http://www.uniwatchblog.com/?p=572) is reporting that yet another unidentified team is going to use the same template as Nashville and Florida. This makes me wonder whether the teams actually had a say in the design aspects, or if they were somehow pressured or convinced that these new designs were the "hip, cool thing in sports." You've got to be kidding me.

I'm all for the players having less water absorbed and being able to go faster with lighter equipment, but the aesthetics are ruining the idea. Why not keep the old designs that have worked so well for so long? Hell, I'd be willing to keep Nashville's old jerseys because anything looks better than their new garbage. Piping on the front for no reason, a special color contrasted space specifically for the rbk logo, no hemlines, and a lack of that real "hockey jersey look."

When you spend about 3 years and thousands of dollars on something like this, you don't just scrap it because a bunch of fans think it's bad. Sad, because I could care less about some new "water-resistant, faster moving" fabric if it doesn't look like a hockey jersey. So far, it seems like only the Original 6 will have things that look like "hockey jerseys." Everyone else probably won't. Where's the tradition?

It didn't work for us Buffalo fans. Major uprising, numerous petitions, etc. and the logo is still there. Can't wait for the day the slug dies.

It didn't work for us Buffalo fans. Major uprising, numerous petitions, etc. and the logo is still there. Can't wait for the day the slug dies.

I was going to use Buffalo as an example, but I held off on doing so because it's a bit different than what's happening now with the entire league. rbk spent all that time and money researching the fabrics and material, while Buffalo just got a new logo and uniform. The main reason Buffalo isn't going to change anytime soon is because they've sold so many jerseys and so much merchandise; it would be a huge financial mistake to change now. rbk and the NHL isn't going to change from the EDGE jerseys because they've already spent plenty of resources on the technology.

Don't know if any of you have seen this yet.

FROM THE MAKERS OF WILD WING, WE GIVE YOU, SUPER SLUG

sswk0.gif

yeah I saw that earlier. Completely ludicrous logo (a slug breaking out of the ice?) but as joke jerseys go, its not half bad.

Holy Perfection, bat man: hybrid_ryan.jpg

That would have been a grand uniform.

Holy Perfection, bat man: hybrid_ryan.jpg

That would have been a grand uniform.

God bless Celius that man's designs rocked!

I was going to use Buffalo as an example, but I held off on doing so because it's a bit different than what's happening now with the entire league. rbk spent all that time and money researching the fabrics and material, while Buffalo just got a new logo and uniform. The main reason Buffalo isn't going to change anytime soon is because they've sold so many jerseys and so much merchandise; it would be a huge financial mistake to change now. rbk and the NHL isn't going to change from the EDGE jerseys because they've already spent plenty of resources on the technology.

I seriously doubt this season we will see the Sabres at the top of uniform sales. I imagine all the big teams Detroit, NYR, Montreal, etc to outsell everyone else pending the fans like the new jerseys and are willing to pay the price points. Sabres fans in particular would be less willing to buy an Edge jersey considering they spent the larger portion of their discretionary income on the new uniforms last year.

I look at the Sabres doing a cash grab and did a quick skim of the market's revenue with a new look before they found themselves mid pack or worse in Edge Jersey sales for this upcoming season.

I think it was financially foolish for the Sabres to launch a uniform change a full year before a league wide mandatory uniform format change. I think people since they have already bought the slug wear, plus the lingering slug haters, they would really be less willing to purchase anything given the relative mixed reviews of the uniforms unveiled so far.

And as far as the Sabres are concerned...the more teams with Edge jerseys revealed that stick with a team's traditional logo should further upset fans that were told during Buffalo's process by Larry Quinn that the tradional logo or anything of it's likeness wasn't going to work on the jersey.

Like you said, fans don't care about water resistency and performance...they want something that looks like a hockey jersey and can survive a beer being spilled on it.

I seriously doubt this season we will see the Sabres at the top of uniform sales. I imagine all the big teams Detroit, NYR, Montreal, etc to outsell everyone else pending the fans like the new jerseys and are willing to pay the price points. Sabres fans in particular would be less willing to buy an Edge jersey considering they spent the larger portion of their discretionary income on the new uniforms last year.

I look at the Sabres doing a cash grab and did a quick skim of the market's revenue with a new look before they found themselves mid pack or worse in Edge Jersey sales for this upcoming season.

I think it was financially foolish for the Sabres to launch a uniform change a full year before a league wide mandatory uniform format change. I think people since they have already bought the slug wear, plus the lingering slug haters, they would really be less willing to purchase anything given the relative mixed reviews of the uniforms unveiled so far.

And as far as the Sabres are concerned...the more teams with Edge jerseys revealed that stick with a team's traditional logo should further upset fans that were told during Buffalo's process by Larry Quinn that the tradional logo or anything of it's likeness wasn't going to work on the jersey.

Like you said, fans don't care about water resistency and performance...they want something that looks like a hockey jersey and can survive a beer being spilled on it.

It is my understanding that at the time that was how it was going to happen. The Sabres wanted to go with an updated version of the old logo, using the slug instead of stampeding Buffalo. That is why Quinn said "That is part of it but not all of it" when the slug leaked; they intended to have more. The logos on the EGDE jerseys were originally going to be significantly smaller, so a combination of the slug and swords would look awful. Since then, however, players really demanded that the logos remain prominent on the jerseys so they have been made larger.

It is my understanding that at the time that was how it was going to happen. The Sabres wanted to go with an updated version of the old logo, using the slug instead of stampeding Buffalo. That is why Quinn said "That is part of it but not all of it" when the slug leaked; they intended to have more. The logos on the EGDE jerseys were originally going to be significantly smaller, so a combination of the slug and swords would look awful. Since then, however, players really demanded that the logos remain prominent on the jerseys so they have been made larger.

In some form or another I believed that Buffalo was RBK's little own guinea pig on EDGE styling ideas. Now the things has gone in full blown production with all the perceived "wrinkles" ironed out and teams like Boston all of a sudden are able to keep a traditional look and circular logo has got me scratching my head further wondering why some sense of tradition wasn't preserved in the Buffalo design.

Larry Quinn blames RBK...and most people say RBK has no creative control over the logo. But the more I'm seeing this template look, the more I think RBK really leaned on the Sabres to go with this early Edge friendly logo. Quinn though, should clearly shoulder the bulk of the blame here because he said yes to it.

If John Slabyk's logo isn't ever stitched on a Sabres jersey, I am going to hope the RBK EDGE slug jersey bombs to high hell and tell the Sabres to make the f@#king vintage jersey "work" as a primary edge Jersey...

If Boston can do it Larry, why not the Sabres and any other team looking to preserve what little tradition the Edge jersey will afford?

And are they ordering all the players to like the Edge jersey?

In some form or another I believed that Buffalo was RBK's little own guinea pig on EDGE styling ideas. Now the things has gone in full blown production with all the perceived "wrinkles" ironed out and teams like Boston all of a sudden are able to keep a traditional look and circular logo has got me scratching my head further wondering why some sense of tradition wasn't preserved in the Buffalo design.

Larry Quinn blames RBK...and most people say RBK has no creative control over the logo. But the more I'm seeing this template look, the more I think RBK really leaned on the Sabres to go with this early Edge friendly logo. Quinn though, should clearly shoulder the bulk of the blame here because he said yes to it.

If John Slabyk's logo isn't ever stitched on a Sabres jersey, I am going to hope the RBK EDGE slug jersey bombs to high hell and tell the Sabres to make the f@#king vintage jersey "work" as a primary edge Jersey...

If Boston can do it Larry, why not the Sabres and any other team looking to preserve what little tradition the Edge jersey will afford?

And are they ordering all the players to like the Edge jersey?

Well, if I remember right Larry did say at the press conference that the logo redesign was made with an eye towards the coming RBK redesign. I think the Sabres, for whatever reason (marketing testing in Phx, TG, whoever) decided blue and gold but new logo. I have given up all hope on this logo and will just continue to buy merch with the old school logo on it. Maybe some day they will switch back but I am not holding my breath.

Well, if I remember right Larry did say at the press conference that the logo redesign was made with an eye towards the coming RBK redesign. I think the Sabres, for whatever reason (marketing testing in Phx, TG, whoever) decided blue and gold but new logo. I have given up all hope on this logo and will just continue to buy merch with the old school logo on it. Maybe some day they will switch back but I am not holding my breath.

You never want to switch back completely, otherwise people will just bust out their old stuff. You need to make at least slight changes or else you won't push any merchandise.