Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CryWolf

Fantasy Hockey Jerseys

19 posts in this topic

At IJ, we are always tossing around new ideas when it comes to jerseys. What can we say - we are passionate about them... and we know our customers are too. Anyhow, we came up with an idea that we thought we would toss to the forums for feedback. Basically, we were wondering; if we could produce a 'fantasy' jersey to be sold on IceJerseys.com, what should it be? We would be looking for something that you may have seen in the past that isn't available or was never produced, or maybe a new concept that you or someone else has come up with. Now, before everyone yells at their monitor in unison 'BRING BACK THE WHALE!', we need to explain that we are working with some restrictions here:

We cannot produce a licensed product, so no brand marks, trademarks or logos past or present would be eligible (eg no vintage Hartford Whalers jerseys!). However, we probably could consider a unique 'fantasy' design concept that does not depict any current or past licensed logos or marks. So, for instance, a new take on an NHL team with a new logo concept would be acceptable - as it isn't a design owned by the NHL (such as the Sabres Celsius designs for example... assuming the designer were to agree to it). Other possibilities are jerseys used in movies like Mystery Alaska, or Youngblood (we would have to look into whether there would be any licensing issues - depending on the suggestion).

Feel free to post design concepts or photos to help plead your case. I know there are tons of them out there, but please don't bother posting a design if it isn't truly something special - or looks like it was designed by a pre-schooler. We aren't looking for quantity here... we are looking for the cream of the crop of professional designs that would be worth consideration... and if the images aren't well done - or photos aren't clear, we can't consider it.

Now, this isn't to say we will definitely produce one or more of these designs... but we will see where it leads... and production is certainly possible if all the cards fall into place. And for what it's worth... at least it makes for an interesting topic!

(such as the Sabres Celsius designs for example... assuming the designer were to agree to it). Other possibilities are jerseys used in movies like Mystery Alaska, or Youngblood (we would have to look into whether there would be any licensing issues - depending on the suggestion).

Funny, the Sabres design and Mystery Alaska immediately sprung to mind! I would also like to add the "wolf" version of the Quebec Nordiques jersey unless that was trademarked as well.

QUE-N_c72hgmvtcvxu8bmqvogo.gif

Funny, the Sabres design and Mystery Alaska immediately sprung to mind! I would also like to add the "wolf" version of the Quebec Nordiques jersey unless that was trademarked as well.

QUE-N_c72hgmvtcvxu8bmqvogo.gif

Here is the jersey I am talking about- what do you think CW?

nordiques.gif

nordiques.gif

I know that one... could be a contender, just not sure about rights/licensing issues.

I know that one... could be a contender, just not sure about rights/licensing issues.

No, I hear you on the rights. It will be interesting to see if the NHL or Quebec actually filed for trademark status on that. Its registered as a word mark on the USPTO website but a lot of the other marks are "dead" and after a quick search I couldn't find the wolf logo (it may be there though) and the fleur de le I don't believe is trademarked. This one might actually be available to be made without licenses.

No, I hear you on the rights. It will be interesting to see if the NHL or Quebec actually filed for trademark status on that. Its registered as a word mark on the USPTO website but a lot of the other marks are "dead" and after a quick search I couldn't find the wolf logo (it may be there though) and the fleur de le I don't believe is trademarked. This one might actually be available to be made without licenses.

Anyone else got any ideas?

As already stated, the Sabres Celsius design and the Nordiques designs would be cool. If I had any artistic talent I am sure I could come up with some ideas. Here is a website that has a lot of design concepts for current teams in the NHL. http://picasaweb.google.com/nhlconcepts obviously many of these could not be done due to the licensing issues since many of the pictures include the actual team logos, but there are some nice ones in there that don't use the actual NHL team logo.

(Of the ones in that post, I really like the Ducks green jersey concept)

That is a fun site to peruse, laf. I can pull a fast one on people that aren't in the know with some of those pics. :D

nordiques.gif

Came across this one but like the colors in your pic a lot better :thumbsup:

7wijvjq.jpg

Came across this one but like the colors in your pic a lot better :thumbsup:

7wijvjq.jpg

I like it but the aqua green really kind of ruins it right?

I like it but the aqua green really kind of ruins it right?

Exactly :mellow:

Anyone have anything else?

i love the nords jersey! but only the blue colors, teal ruins everything.

owning that jersey would make my life.

a Cleveland Barons NHL jersey would be F*ckin great too.

450px-Cleveland_Barons.JPG

Edited by Howler1933

here's one of my favourite concepts from the puckdrawn site.

for nova scotia norsemen.

nova scotia

very nice

id like to see the nordique jersey (were talking the husky one right?)

also the sabers one ive never heeard of it

another that comes to mind is hte St. Louis Blues jersey with the trumpets at the bottom...

talking movies... DO A Mihty Ducks 1 jersey.. you know the green one with the purple and yellow stripping?

I'd love to see the blue or white Hartford Whalers jersey. And Crywolf was right about that Nordiques Wolf Jersey. I'd love to see that.