Bryzgalov put on waivers

lafountain

Well any team that needs a goalie can put in a claim for Bryzgalov as the Ducks put him on waivers today. I don't imagine he will clear, I am sure someone will put in a claim for him.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=3114315

From an article in the Hockey News.

Ducks will only be saving about $200,000 in cap space by making this move.

For any team picking up Bryz.

Because 45 days of the season has already passed, the cap hit for getting Bryzgalov would be just $897,000.

As much as I like CuJo, I started to see the writing on the wall for his career during his last season with the Red Wings. He did alright down here IMO, considering what he had to work with. I'm thrilled to see the Coyotes pick up Bryzgalov. This could really do wonders for their year and last night was one heckuva start to it.

I am absolutely THRILLED with this pickup. It was a no-brainer, the Coyotes had to claim him, period. You would think that Anaheim would have tried to deal him outside the division or conference, even. Well, no complaints from me! :thumbsup:

I went to tonight's game, Bryz was very strong. It helps when the team plays with some heart and they did tonight. Last week against the Sharks, Auld looked like he was in outer space and I'm not disappointed that he was sent down. Tellqvist is a nice backup, but he shouldn't be used more than once a week. Bryzgalov has played like a legit #1 goalie since the Coyotes grabbed him. I hope the defense doesn't hang him out to dry every night like they did with CuJo. They haven't yet, in fact, Jovo was #1 star Wednesday. :D

I am absolutely THRILLED with this pickup. It was a no-brainer, the Coyotes had to claim him, period. You would think that Anaheim would have tried to deal him outside the division or conference, even. Well, no complaints from me! :thumbsup:

I went to tonight's game, Bryz was very strong. It helps when the team plays with some heart and they did tonight. Last week against the Sharks, Auld looked like he was in outer space and I'm not disappointed that he was sent down. Tellqvist is a nice backup, but he shouldn't be used more than once a week. Bryzgalov has played like a legit #1 goalie since the Coyotes grabbed him. I hope the defense doesn't hang him out to dry every night like they did with CuJo. They haven't yet, in fact, Jovo was #1 star Wednesday. :D

I can't wait to get to my first game this year, once my job situation settles and I have the time to go. Right now its looking like December 31st against the Avalanche may be my first game! From what I saw of Auld on TV, he always seemed to have a good game, at least when I watched. Then I'd check the highlights and next thing you know he gets shut out 5-0 or something like that. When Bryzgalov became available I had a feeling that he was Coyote property. Its nice to see the Doggies have a good direction this year and from what I've seen on TV, they seem like a different team than they were in years past. It helps having all the new guys who are eager to prove themselves (I've grown to like Carcillo, Winnik, and Weller) and not guys who came out here to retire. Hopefully they can duplicate what the Diamondbacks did and at least get somewhere in the playoffs. Tellqvist never struck me as a number 1# when I saw him play last year. Nice enough guy, but I don't think he was destined to be a starter. Jovo seems like he gets a lot of heat on the coyotescorner.net boards, but my biggest gripe is always with Morris. He strikes me as being lazy, and I'd love to see them deal both of those guys for some younger d-men. I kinda saw the writing on the wall for CuJo last year and didn't think he fit into the teams plans. From watching Anaheim and seeing Bryzgalov...EVERYTIME, I've grown to like him.

Brian Burke once again proves that he is a classy GM and a man of his word.

As he was unable to find a trade for Bryz he put him on waivers and his old buddy Dan Maloney snatched him up.

Bryz has always shown that he is capable of playing in the show.

It will be interesting to see if he can continue to develop and become the #1 goalie everyone believes he is.

Im happy for the Coyotes and Gretz..they deserve to have a quality keeper..though i believe they should bring back a vet ( Cujo?) to help Bryz along......

Looking back at the Coyotes over the years, they've really gotten some quality goaltending; Khabibulin, Burke, Boucher (for a bit), CuJo, and now Bryzgalov. I feel like this season is the first they've really had any kind of direction in the years that I've followed them. They had to stop with paying for guys on their last legs. In 05-06, I thought that roster they had would've been a contender in 95-96 and it was becoming apparent that some guys were signing to come out here to retire.

BEHOLD BRYZGALOV, beats the Ducks on Friday night in a shootout and then stops the Maple Leafs last night. Nice, smart move by Don Maloney to grab this guy!

The loss last night was not his fault- what a great pickup for the Desert Dogs and man can that Meuller play!

6-1 loss to the Blackhawks tonight. Toews and Kane sound like monsters this season. Bryzgalov pulled after allowing 5. I didn't get to see it, but with how its sounding like the Blackhawks are doing this season its no surprise. Maybe things turning up in the Windy City?

ZZ-those Hawks for real. I have been watching them on the CI package and as much as I love Toews, that Kane kid can skate circles around most people. They are in a bad division with the Red Wings but considering how they and the Blues have gotten better, maybe beating up on each other will help the Hawks in seeding. Either way, they are a playoff team for years to come.

I'm not exactly sure what you meant by 'bad division' but the Central is the most improved division in all of hockey this year. Points-wise, it's the toughest division in the league:

Detroit - 38 pts

St. Louis - 31 pts.

Chicago - 30 pts.

Nashville - 28 pts.

Columbus - 28 pts.

Every single team is above .500 and all are in the playoff chase as of now. The Central isn't all Detroit anymore...especially since the Hawks have beaten the Wings in all four meetings this year.

ZZ-those Hawks for real. I have been watching them on the CI package and as much as I love Toews, that Kane kid can skate circles around most people. They are in a bad division with the Red Wings but considering how they and the Blues have gotten better, maybe beating up on each other will help the Hawks in seeding. Either way, they are a playoff team for years to come.

That is awesome to hear. I haven't gotten to watch Toews or Kane this season, but am definitely gonna have to catch them sometime on Vs. Havlat is back and its nice to see that they have improved their farm system. I've heard good things about Barker, Seabrook, Burish, and I already knew about Sharp.

I'm not exactly sure what you meant by 'bad division' but the Central is the most improved division in all of hockey this year. Points-wise, it's the toughest division in the league:

Detroit - 38 pts

St. Louis - 31 pts.

Chicago - 30 pts.

Nashville - 28 pts.

Columbus - 28 pts.

Every single team is above .500 and all are in the playoff chase as of now. The Central isn't all Detroit anymore...especially since the Hawks have beaten the Wings in all four meetings this year.

I am thinking what he meant by bad division is pretty much a tough division so a bad division for them as in if they were in any other division more might be said about them. (Just my guess, but not 100% sure)

Detroit - 38 pts

St. Louis - 31 pts.

Chicago - 30 pts.

Nashville - 28 pts.

Columbus - 28 pts.

What I meant was that the Division for the past few years was almost all Detroit and a little bit of the Preds over the last few. Now I agree with you, it is the most improved and probably one of the most competitive divisions.

Okay that's what I thought you meant. Even so, the Hawks have been borderling awful since they last made the playoffs in 2002. They wouldn't have a shot in the Eastern Conference either. This year though, they may challenge for the division.

• 2 weeks later...
All I can tell ya is that Bryz looked GREAT on Sunday afternoon! :P

The DesertDogs came into Gotham and took some serious points away. One of the short summaries in the papers here today said something akin to "despite Gretzky having a cold, the Coyotes won"...ha ha ha love NY media.