NFL season

ZoomZoom18

How's everyone's team doing?

The Colts have been getting hit hard in the injury department and picked up Simeon Rice to fill in for Freeney the rest of the season. I was on a plane flying back from Indy last weekend and caught the fourth quarter of the game on the radio. I thought they were gonna pull it out, but Vinatieri missed his FG. They are on a two game losing streak now! I still think the playoffs are a definite, but if they lose this weekend and Tennessee or Jacksonville wins, then they are in a tie for the division lead. That thought was impossible just a couple of weeks ago, but man, how things can change! I see them going about 11-5 or 12-4. I'm spoiled :D

Yeah...it must be nice to start 7-0 every season and have a playoff berth wrapped up in week 11!! GAH!!

As a lowly Giants fan, I'm just sitting here waiting for the collapse to happen. It might even happen in Detroit this week. There's no hope for us Giants fans; just whether or not they can actually get into the playoffs before they do their annual freefall. I think I'm done with the whole Eli Manning experiment.

Yeah...it must be nice to start 7-0 every season and have a playoff berth wrapped up in week 11!! GAH!!

As a lowly Giants fan, I'm just sitting here waiting for the collapse to happen. It might even happen in Detroit this week. There's no hope for us Giants fans; just whether or not they can actually get into the playoffs before they do their annual freefall. I think I'm done with the whole Eli Manning experiment.

:D I'm enjoying it while I can. Indy's gonna be in for it once Peyton retires... It'll be back to the old days in all likelihood. Of course by then I'll have probably returned to Indianapolis to live and I'll never experience it again. My buddy and I joke that we had to leave the city to see them win a Super Bowl (he moved to Denver).

Eli is a mystery to me. I had always heard he was going to be better than Peyton. The Eli v. Philip Rivers thing almost seems like its a 50/50 deal now. I thought San Diego really fouled up by firing Schottenheimer, and wonder if that's what's up with Rivers but I haven't watched the Chargers enough to know.

My Seahawks are having their typical up and down season. Fortunately still they are in the NFC Worst (West) and are pretty much in control of whether or not they make the playoffs.

As for the Eli/Rivers thing, I thought it then and I think it now that the Chargers got the better end of the deal. Rivers doesn't have the receiver talent that Eli does and he puts up decent numbers, would like to see him put up better numbers (he is my fantasy team QB) but I have come to accept that this is just a down year. I agree that the Chargers made a mistake in firing Marty and hiring Norv.

My Seahawks are having their typical up and down season. Fortunately still they are in the NFC Worst (West) and are pretty much in control of whether or not they make the playoffs.

As for the Eli/Rivers thing, I thought it then and I think it now that the Chargers got the better end of the deal. Rivers doesn't have the receiver talent that Eli does and he puts up decent numbers, would like to see him put up better numbers (he is my fantasy team QB) but I have come to accept that this is just a down year. I agree that the Chargers made a mistake in firing Marty and hiring Norv.

I sometimes wonder when watching San Diego if Eli wishes he would've went there instead of going to New York. It'd be nice having LT right with you as well as Gates and now Chambers.

My Carolina Panthers have been beyond disappointing. I was at their last game, when they came to Glendale to play the Cardinals. They won that game, but I told my wife that this is as good as it will get for them this season. They have yet to win, since. :angry:

My Carolina Panthers have been beyond disappointing. I was at their last game, when they came to Glendale to play the Cardinals. They won that game, but I told my wife that this is as good as it will get for them this season. They have yet to win, since. :angry:

Think they'll stick with Delhomme next season or give Carr a go? I've always liked Delhomme and well...Carr... I think I'd be tempted to stick with Delhomme. I have to give it to Vinny, that was an impressive win v. the Cardinals.

Speaking of the Cards...they are at .500 this season...who would've seen that coming?!

• 9 months later...

Heh...what a difference a year makes!

Heh...what a difference a year makes!

And Eli's been on fire this year too! At this rate, he'll have another Super Bowl before his big bro. Do you think them getting rid of Shockey helped him?

And Eli's been on fire this year too! At this rate, he'll have another Super Bowl before his big bro. Do you think them getting rid of Shockey helped him?

It really looks as though Eli turned that perverbial corner. He's become the solid, reliable leader quarterback that he was EXPECTED to become a few years back; albeit a little late. Having three #1-caliber running backs helps too. And I absolutely think that ridding themselves of Shockey has helped immensely...especially when you have basically a carbon-copy talentwise in Kevin Boss minus the ego and drama.

It really looks as though Eli turned that perverbial corner. He's become the solid, reliable leader quarterback that he was EXPECTED to become a few years back; albeit a little late. Having three #1-caliber running backs helps too. And I absolutely think that ridding themselves of Shockey has helped immensely...especially when you have basically a carbon-copy talentwise in Kevin Boss minus the ego and drama.

Yup! I agree with you on Shockey 110%. I had read stories about him and Eli having issues around the Super Bowl last year. The funny thing is, my wife went to school with Jeremy in Ada, OK and said she wasn't surprised of his reputation, even though she didn't interact with him all that much (she was a year ahead of him in school).

Eli's got a fanbase in Indy since he's a certain someone's brother. My sister, whose just recently gotten into football in the last couple of years was wearing all kinds of Giants gear when I went home last November. That caught me offguard...haha. I remember reading scouting reports of some saying he was better than Peyton. I'm glad to see he's finally reaching his potential in the league.

Ah, Cincinnati at least isn't Kansas City or Oakland...OUCH! Sounds like the Chiefs are going to start Huard again soon.

I am trying not to get too excited as a Bills fan but ######, its possible to go into the bye-week 5-0 (slobbering all over self). The past few years have been great to watch the Sabs as the Bills were never in it at this point. I don't know what to do with myself if both are competitive later in 08.

Seattle got off to a rough start in losing 6 receivers to start the year to injury. They got to play the hopeless Rams in order to get a win going into the bye week and Branch is expected back, then Engram the following week. Jones is running great to get the ground game working.

They have some ground to make up, but I still think this is Seattle's division to win.

They have some ground to make up, but I still think this is Seattle's division to win.

Arizona got killed yesterday in New York. I was surprised they managed to put 35 points on the board after being down 34-0 in the first half, at ont point allowing the Jets to score 10 points in like :30. I've been saying since 2005 that the Cardinals were on the brink of the playoffs and up until last season, they've did a good job of proving me wrong.

Arizona got killed yesterday in New York. I was surprised they managed to put 35 points on the board after being down 34-0 in the first half, at ont point allowing the Jets to score 10 points in like :30. I've been saying since 2005 that the Cardinals were on the brink of the playoffs and up until last season, they've did a good job of proving me wrong.

I am worried for the Bills coming off that humiliation of sorts in NY. Any team that lets 50+ points against them will definitely be getting up for the next game.

I didn't expect to see the Cardinals put up 41 against the Bills. Its like Kurt Warner is channeling the Kurt of the Rams days. This weekend is another test against the Cowboys.

The defense didn't come to play, plain and simple. Hopefully the bye week treats the Bills well and Trent can fully recover.

Dear Cardinals,

Thanks. Really...thanks so very much.

Love,

Everybody but Cowboys fans

Not entirely true, fans of the other NFC West teams would rather the Cardinals have lost.

After today's loss Seattle falls to 1-4. Even with such a rough start, I am not ready to give up on this season. Still have 4 divisional games left including both against Arizona, so still a lot that can happen.

Oh come now, you know that even though it hurts you team, deep down inside you love seeing the Cowboys lose. We all do! Besides, it's the Cardinals. I got nothing against 'em but they don't exactly have a great history of wrapping up division titles.

That was quite an entertaining game. Where I work at now, we have an even mix of Cowboys and Cardinals fans and a few guys who had money on the game. We had a loud breakroom when they blocked the Cowboy punt in OT and took it to the end zone.

As for me, I'm just thankful the Colts managed to finally win at Lucas Oil Stadium against the Ravens. They're at 3-2 now and Tennessee's success is starting to irritate me...haha.

Dear Cardinals,

Thanks. Really...thanks so very much.

Love,

Everybody but Cowboys fans

Makes me feel a little bit better about the Bills loss.