Personalization Mess Up

wilz17

I wish I had found you guys a month ago! We bought a Rbk Practice Jersey for my 12-year old son and opted to go with a local shop to do the personalization. It is just supposed to be for him to wear to practices but we asked that it be hand-stitched / fabric personalization with his name, jersey number 17 and "C"... my hubby picked it up yesterday and they put number 12 on it. He has NEVER played as #12 but the local shop keep says it isn't his fault. Guaranteed we wouldn't give the wrong player number... my son has been #17 since he started playing at age 4. It's a HUGE deal to him. Best, of course, is that the jersey is a gift for Xmas.

Even better, they didn't stitch the personalization -- they used iron ons. If it wasn't the wrong number, we could probably live with it (and the slightly sloppy shadow imprints their press left from the transfers). Is there ANY way a heat-transfer number can be removed? We "just" need to change the 2 on the back to a 7.

Any suggestions?

I wish I had found you guys a month ago! We bought a Rbk Practice Jersey for my 12-year old son and opted to go with a local shop to do the personalization. It is just supposed to be for him to wear to practices but we asked that it be hand-stitched / fabric personalization with his name, jersey number 17 and "C"... my hubby picked it up yesterday and they put number 12 on it. He has NEVER played as #12 but the local shop keep says it isn't his fault. Guaranteed we wouldn't give the wrong player number... my son has been #17 since he started playing at age 4. It's a HUGE deal to him. Best, of course, is that the jersey is a gift for Xmas.

Even better, they didn't stitch the personalization -- they used iron ons. If it wasn't the wrong number, we could probably live with it (and the slightly sloppy shadow imprints their press left from the transfers). Is there ANY way a heat-transfer number can be removed? We "just" need to change the 2 on the back to a 7.

Any suggestions?

I don't think, you can have the number removed without leaving any stains and the 7 wouldn't cover

Can you post a picture of it?

I am sorry that they screwed up the jersey for you. I don't know an answer that will be able to help you out.

Those shops can be hit or miss though. When I went to get my Pens jersey personalized 20 years ago I wanted Kevin Stevens name and number on the back. The guy takes the order and says "when do you want to pick it up Mr. Stevens?" no no no!

I am sorry that they screwed up the jersey for you. I don't know an answer that will be able to help you out.

Those shops can be hit or miss though. When I went to get my Pens jersey personalized 20 years ago I wanted Kevin Stevens name and number on the back. The guy takes the order and says "when do you want to pick it up Mr. Stevens?" no no no!

Too bad they don't show any picture or something to show what the customisation will look like. That's how my first Authentic got screwed up and I had to fix it on my own

If you send the jersey to the CustomShop @ Icejerseys they can remove the 3s and have them re-applied properly.

You should be able to get it off. I work at a local hockey shop and we have this chemical thing used for that exact purpose. I forget what it is called though, when I go to work on Friday I'll find out.

I'm curious about the chemical thing as well, I've heard they had something for situations like this, but was never sure what the stuff was called.

I'm curious about this chemical that removes iron ons too, I'd love to have some of it. Does it work on screen printing or just iron on? I'm looking at a nice jersey but it's got a stupid screen printed black number that ruins it, and I'd bid if I could ditch the number.

Bah I forgot to read the label last time I worked. I think it was something like Methylene Chloride. I know it works for iron-ons, not sure about screenprinting.

Thanks! I'm going to have to hit up a department store and find that stuff. I have an NFL replica I took the nameplate off of and need to clean the glue off.

When you say iron ons, I assume you are talking about the numbers like nhl.com uses. The fake sewn twill that is head pressed to a jersey? I have one I'd like to modify if that is the case.

• 1 month later...

Any one ever get their hands on that Methylene Chloride? I'm curious to what kinda of stuff I could do with it. I have a few heat sealed numbers I'd like to try and remove, will this stuff do that for me? Also, where can you find some?

I will be working Friday, assuming I remember, I will check to see if that is actually the name of it. I have absolutely no idea where we get it from, I'll ask a manager if one of them is there.

I'm not sure if it will work with that fake sewn twill, I've never used it on that before.