Who is interested in being a moderator?

CryWolf

I know that a few of you mentioned you would be interested, but for some reason I can't find that thread anymore. Anyhow, to make it more official, if you would be interested in being considered as a moderator for the IceJerseys BB, please PM me and give me a little info regarding why you would want to, how much time/day you would generally have to moderate, what (if any) experience you have had moderating and any other info you may feel is pertinent. Keep in mind, that although this forum is not commercial in nature, it is still an official IceJerseys site, so we would want someone willing to work in tandem with us when addressing certain issues that may require a corporate perspective. Only members who have at least 50 posts on the board can be considered at this time. I look forward to hearing from those of you who are interested. Please try to let me know within the next day or so.

I know that a few of you mentioned you would be interested, but for some reason I can't find that thread anymore. Anyhow, to make it more official, if you would be interested in being considered as a moderator for the IceJerseys BB, please PM me and give me a little info regarding why you would want to, how much time/day you would generally have to moderate, what (if any) experience you have had moderating and any other info you may feel is pertinent. Keep in mind, that although this forum is not commercial in nature, it is still an official IceJerseys site, so we would want someone willing to work in tandem with us when addressing certain issues that may require a corporate perspective. Only members who have at least 50 posts on the board can be considered at this time. I look forward to hearing from those of you who are interested. Please try to let me know within the next day or so.

I would like to announce that Mach_9 is our first official Moderator (called 'Referees') on the IceJerseys BB. He has been a huge supporter and champion of the IceJerseys BB, and we are confident he will help to keep this forum moving in the right direction as a friendly, civil and intellectually stimulating discussion board for true hockey and hockey jersey fans. Thank you Mach for your contributions so far and as we move forward.

We are still interested in hearing from anyone else who would like to help moderate. Just PM me as per my previous post.

I would like to announce that Mach_9 is our first official Moderator (called 'Referees') on the IceJerseys BB. He has been a huge supporter and champion of the IceJerseys BB, and we are confident he will help to keep this forum moving in the right direction as a friendly, civil and intellectually stimulating discussion board for true hockey and hockey jersey fans. Thank you Mach for your contributions so far and as we move forward.

We are still interested in hearing from anyone else who would like to help moderate. Just PM me as per my previous post.

Thanks Wolf, I appreciate the compliment and votes of confidence. It's my pleasure to help maintain the quality of these forums. Over the past couple of weeks they've become my most frequented online message boards and I generally find myself cringing at the behavior and conversation I see on the other boards that I used to visit more frequently. We have a quality group here and I'm glad to be a part of it. B)

We have now added our second moderator, someone who you should all be familiar with.... LeafsFan83. LeafsFan is also a great supporter of the IceJerseys BB, having joined in the early days (which was only really a couple of weeks ago, but seems like much longer!). LeafsFan was the one who initiated our IceJerseys Hockey Analyst Contest, which has proven to be a great feature of the board that everyone is enjoying (even if you are all having great difficulty in getting close to my 79.5% winning percentage - HAHAHA! B) ).

I would also at this time like to thank all of you who have offered to help out as a moderator. You are all very capable I'm sure, but until things grow further, we should be okay. Keep in mind that it isn't moderators who create the appeal of this forum, it is the quality members that we have attracted and hope to continue to attract. As long as we have a solid base of quality contributors, I am confident the IceJerseys BB will continue on track as a friendly, civil and stimulating discussion environment for all things hockey and jerseys!

We have now added our second moderator, someone who you should all be familiar with.... LeafsFan83. LeafsFan is also a great supporter of the IceJerseys BB, having joined in the early days (which was only really a couple of weeks ago, but seems like much longer!). LeafsFan was the one who initiated our IceJerseys Hockey Analyst Contest, which has proven to be a great feature of the board that everyone is enjoying (even if you are all having great difficulty in getting close to my 79.5% winning percentage - HAHAHA! B) ).

I would also at this time like to thank all of you who have offered to help out as a moderator. You are all very capable I'm sure, but until things grow further, we should be okay. Keep in mind that it isn't moderators who create the appeal of this forum, it is the quality members that we have attracted and hope to continue to attract. As long as we have a solid base of quality contributors, I am confident the IceJerseys BB will continue on track as a friendly, civil and stimulating discussion environment for all things hockey and jerseys!

Sorry to disappoint you Wolf. After your miserable 3/4 performance on Tuesday, you are down to 79.2%.

Also congrats LeafsFan, another good choice. The owners of this board have chosen 2 very capable members and they should be able to help keep the quality of this board at the level that is has shown to this point.

Sorry to disappoint you Wolf. After your miserable 3/4 performance on Tuesday, you are down to 79.2%.

Also congrats LeafsFan, another good choice. The owners of this board have chosen 2 very capable members and they should be able to help keep the quality of this board at the level that is has shown to this point.

ooooohhhh, I'm scared now! Notice I didn't put in picks for tonight? Gotta try to enjoy my average for a bit while I can! Just kidding, actually just a very hectic day. I will get picks in again soon, and will more than likely come back to the pack.

As for the moderators, thanks for the support - I agree they are two solid citizens, even if Mach has trouble posting in the correct thread, and LeafsFan.... well his name says it all! ;)

ooooohhhh, I'm scared now! Notice I didn't put in picks for tonight? Gotta try to enjoy my average for a bit while I can! Just kidding, actually just a very hectic day. I will get picks in again soon, and will more than likely come back to the pack.

As for the moderators, thanks for the support - I agree they are two solid citizens, even if Mach has trouble posting in the correct thread, and LeafsFan.... well his name says it all! ;)

Hey - I'm getting better at that. And don't get too cocky about that average of yours. Would have been 2/4 if I hadn't saved you from the Hawks pick you made. Than what? you'd only be at around 78.5%... not nearly as impressive.

Yeah, you may not be a Leafsfan, but come the playoffs, it seems like all you Canadians jump on the band wagon of the last Canadian team left. So at least for another year or 5, you won't have to cheer for the Leafs.

Yeah, you may not be a Leafsfan, but come the playoffs, it seems like all you Canadians jump on the band wagon of the last Canadian team left. So at least for another year or 5, you won't have to cheer for the Leafs.

Hey - that's not true of all fans north of the border! I know this because the Sabres have a ton of Canadian fans and they only cheered for the Edmonton in the end because they wanted to see Carolina go down.

Hey - that's not true of all fans north of the border! I know this because the Sabres have a ton of Canadian fans and they only cheered for the Edmonton in the end because they wanted to see Carolina go down.

I know not all of the fans North of the Border cheer for the last remaining Canadian team, but whoever the team is does get the majority of the country backing them as opposed to the US team.

I know not all of the fans North of the Border cheer for the last remaining Canadian team, but whoever the team is does get the majority of the country backing them as opposed to the US team.

I know, I'm just giving you a tough time about it. I prefer most of the Canadian teams over American teams, in all honesty. I like the Sens (significantly less now without Havlat and Hossa though), the Habs, the Oilers and even the Leafs and 'Nucks more than the good majority of the American teams in the league. If it weren't for the Sabres - I don't know what I'd do. I can't say there's a team out there that I like from top to bottom though.

Argh. This is becoming a hockey conversation now.

Um... Grats Leafsfan. There, back on topic. Between the two of us, and Wolf and Villa I'm sure these boards have nothing to fear! It's not like we have any trouble makers around here anyways. I'm glad I'm not the only mod anyhow. I have no problem with the responsibilites, but it always feels awkward to be the only one of something.

Hey - I'm getting better at that. And don't get too cocky about that average of yours. Would have been 2/4 if I hadn't saved you from the Hawks pick you made. Than what? you'd only be at around 78.5%... not nearly as impressive.

okay... you got me!

I would say that is true for just about any Canadian team but the

Leafs. Just about any Canadian who is a fan of any other Canadian team wouldn't cheer for the Leafs if their life depended on it. The Mapleleafs are generally despised by non-Leaf supporting Canadian hockey fans. And as for Habs fans, they would die a slow, painful death before cheering for the Leafs.

Thanks! :D And no offence taken from any of your opinions. You are entitled to them. Being a moderator is just a regular member who keeps things in order. But, there shouldnt be much things to keep in order, seeing as we have a great group of people here.