Rookie duos

I was looking over the stats for rookie scoring this year and something kind of surprised me. Of the top 10 Rookie Scorers this year, 3 teams account for 2 of the players (in other words 3 teams each have 2 players listed).

Chicago (Kane (1) and Toews (2))

Phoenix (Hanzal (4) and Meuller (7))

Edmonton (Cogliano (6) and Gagner (8)) (Gilbert is 12 as well)

The Chicago duo didn't surprise me at all, but seeing 2 Oilers in the top 10 sure did.

The Oilers have a really good future lined up. Its too bad they lost what is probably going to turn out to be a lottery pick (last I heard the Oil were doing poor this season) either this next draft or the following one. If they would've fallen farther, they may have had a good shot at Tavares.

Hanzal and Mueller have looked great for Phx so far this season. Daniel Carcillo is also considered a rookie this year, and his numbers were also high before he was injured a few weeks ago.

The future appears to be bright for the Yotes.

The battle between Kane and Toews reminds me of the battle Kovalchuk and Heatley were having for Atlanta for the Calder. Kovalchuk appeared to have the lead up until he got hurt and the Thrashers sat him for the last month of the season.

Hanzal and Mueller have looked great for Phx so far this season. Daniel Carcillo is also considered a rookie this year, and his numbers were also high before he was injured a few weeks ago.

The future appears to be bright for the Yotes.

I agree with you. Having watched Mueller several times on CI, that kid is the real deal. I think all of these lists show that terrible teams CAN benefit with the draft and improve. All three of these teams look like they are back on the upswing.

How can you forget the dynamic duo of

Sergei amd Andrei Kostisyn?

I was only looking at the top 10 in Rookie scoring when I posted that original list.