We needed our first off topic post so...

Mach_9

Commercials. Have any favorites? Lafountaine and Desert Rat have both said "Brilliant!!" tonight, which has me thinking of those dumb new Guiness commercials. I personally like the Peter Forsberg commercial they've been showing on Versus.

Commercials. Have any favorites? Lafountaine and Desert Rat have both said "Brilliant!!" tonight, which has me thinking of those dumb new Guiness commercials. I personally like the Peter Forsberg commercial they've been showing on Versus.

Yeah, that one and the Jonathan Cheechoo one are both good. I do like the new LeBron James commercial where he dives into the pool too.

Yeah, that one and the Jonathan Cheechoo one are both good. I do like the new LeBron James commercial where he dives into the pool too.

Did you see the Crosby and Turco commercials they released? I think they came out after the Cheechoo and Forsberg ones, but they aren't bad either. I haven't seen the LeBron James one. Did you ever see the Nike Hockey one with Naslund and Kovalchuk chasing eachother and the puck around the city? I can post those up from youtube (I think it was a two part commercial).

Did you see the Crosby and Turco commercials they released? I think they came out after the Cheechoo and Forsberg ones, but they aren't bad either. I haven't seen the LeBron James one. Did you ever see the Nike Hockey one with Naslund and Kovalchuk chasing eachother and the puck around the city? I can post those up from youtube (I think it was a two part commercial).

I haven't seen the Crosby and Turco one. As for the Kovalchuk and Naslund one, I posted a link to it in the Media Clips section already. It was my first post there.

Oh that's right. That's why I remember seeing it recently. Fun commercial.

Oh that's right. That's why I remember seeing it recently. Fun commercial.

Yeah, the second part where Kovalchuk shoots the puck and a Canucks goalie makes the save and gets in the taxi is good too.

Yeah, the second part where Kovalchuk shoots the puck and a Canucks goalie makes the save and gets in the taxi is good too.

Yeah, I wish there were more commercials like that. It's good to use the NHL's popular players in marketing. We should market the personalities of the great young guys like Ovechkin (who, if you watched some of the clips I posted is extremely charismatic). I think any commercial with Ovie in it has the potential to be amusing. He's so good natured and humble. The NHL should really capitalize (no pun intended) on his great character.

Yeah, I wish there were more commercials like that. It's good to use the NHL's popular players in marketing. We should market the personalities of the great young guys like Ovechkin (who, if you watched some of the clips I posted is extremely charismatic). I think any commercial with Ovie in it has the potential to be amusing. He's so good natured and humble. The NHL should really capitalize (no pun intended) on his great character.

Yeah, I have seen a few interviews with him and he just has fun with them and is enjoying the game as a whole (which is nice to see). The US market needs to be able to see more of the NHL stars, considering most of the best NHL commercials are targeting Canadian fans (i.e. the Nikehockey.ca commercials).

Yeah, I have seen a few interviews with him and he just has fun with them and is enjoying the game as a whole (which is nice to see). The US market needs to be able to see more of the NHL stars, considering most of the best NHL commercials are targeting Canadian fans (i.e. the Nikehockey.ca commercials).

Yeah. The fans here definitly like to grab onto players and put them on pedestals. I know it's not great to put all of these guys up there, on that level, but someone like Ovechkin is just somoene who should be involved in nearly every effort to bring hockey to the forefront in America. He's so likeable it's scary. I mean look at the cribs video I posted, or his interivew when he gets pied in the face. He's just happy to be here, playing hockey and it's great to see. His acceptance speech for Calder was great too. He's a class act.

Yeah. The fans here definitly like to grab onto players and put them on pedestals. I know it's not great to put all of these guys up there, on that level, but someone like Ovechkin is just somoene who should be involved in nearly every effort to bring hockey to the forefront in America. He's so likeable it's scary. I mean look at the cribs video I posted, or his interivew when he gets pied in the face. He's just happy to be here, playing hockey and it's great to see. His acceptance speech for Calder was great too. He's a class act.

Yep and even the team seems to agree. Considering they wanted to name him one of their captains this season and he declined due to him still getting a handle on the English language.

Yep and even the team seems to agree. Considering they wanted to name him one of their captains this season and he declined due to him still getting a handle on the English language.

Yep, which says something about his character in its own right. He refuses to speak through translators. He requested an English speaking roommate for road trips. He's just an awesome kid. Did you see him announce the Capitals draft pick this year too? He's the face of his teams organization in a bigger way than guys like Jagr in NY or Kovalchuk in ATL or even Madano or Sakic are for their teams, in my opinion. This kid is just going to be iconic no matter what he does.

Now if he only he could turn it up a bit this season. I think he's got 13 points so far - certainly not bad - but I want to see him kick into high gear now.

Yep, which says something about his character in its own right. He refuses to speak through translators. He requested an English speaking roommate for road trips. He's just an awesome kid. Did you see him announce the Capitals draft pick this year too? He's the face of his teams organization in a bigger way than guys like Jagr in NY or Kovalchuk in ATL or even Madano or Sakic are for their teams, in my opinion. This kid is just going to be iconic no matter what he does.

Now if he only he could turn it up a bit this season. I think he's got 13 points so far - certainly not bad - but I want to see him kick into high gear now.

Hey guys, that's a pretty lame attempt at an 'off-topic' discussion thread LOL! I guess everything turns into a hockey discussion around here! In fact, this thread is so 'on-topic' that it should really be moved to Media Central! Poor Mach, even when you try to post an off-topic discussion in the off-topic section of the site, it is a threat to be moved! :lol:

Hey guys, that's a pretty lame attempt at an 'off-topic' discussion thread LOL! I guess everything turns into a hockey discussion around here! In fact, this thread is so 'on-topic' that it should really be moved to Media Central! Poor Mach, even when you try to post an off-topic discussion in the off-topic section of the site, it is a threat to be moved! :lol:

No! :lol:

I'll try to talk about non-hockey related commercials... if I can think of any. Then it will be back to being off topic and we can rest easily one more.

No! :lol:

I'll try to talk about non-hockey related commercials... if I can think of any. Then it will be back to being off topic and we can rest easily one more.

Okay, that is your only chance to save this thread from the movers! :wacko:

Okay, that is your only chance to save this thread from the movers! :wacko:

So, uh... how about that new "Tide with Bleech" commercial? That's some pretty good stuff, eh? I bet it get's things really clean.

Ok... in all honesty, I don't really like most commercials. They annoy me. I do like the one whose slogan is "life comes at you fast" and features a father pushing his kid on a swing. The kid is gradually getting bigger and finally knocks the dad over. It's so accurate (in a metaphorical sense) - I appreciate it.

So, uh... how about that new "Tide with Bleech" commercial? That's some pretty good stuff, eh? I bet it get's things really clean.

Ok... in all honesty, I don't really like most commercials. They annoy me. I do like the one whose slogan is "life comes at you fast" and features a father pushing his kid on a swing. The kid is gradually getting bigger and finally knocks the dad over. It's so accurate (in a metaphorical sense) - I appreciate it.

Okay, you have earned a reprieve with that totally uninteresting off-topic post. Congratulations!

Okay, you have earned a reprieve with that totally uninteresting off-topic post. Congratulations!

Good. Now no one else is likely to post in this thread and it can stay here as the first official (semi) off-topic string of conversation.

Good. Now no one else is likely to post in this thread and it can stay here as the first official (semi) off-topic string of conversation.

Sorry, just because you said nobody is likely to post in this thread, I just had to. No purpose really, just to post because you said nobody else is likely.

Back to the original topic, I think... I hate the Burger King ads, that guy gives me the creeps. The other ones I don't like are these auto insurance and Volkswagen ads where 10 seconds into the ad, you're first person in a car wreck. I like the Aflac duck, especially the ad with Yogi Berra. Budweiser ads are usually good, but their beer is the pits. Jack In The Box has had some funny commercials over the years.

Back to the original topic, I think... I hate the Burger King ads, that guy gives me the creeps. The other ones I don't like are these auto insurance and Volkswagen ads where 10 seconds into the ad, you're first person in a car wreck. I like the Aflac duck, especially the ad with Yogi Berra. Budweiser ads are usually good, but their beer is the pits. Jack In The Box has had some funny commercials over the years.

Yeah. I hate those first person car accident commercials. I like the Progressive Insurance one though where the voice is like "you're driving down the road, you come to an intersection and... nothing happens." because it's such a relief given what you're expecting after all of those other commercials. The burger king adds have annoyed me for quite some time. I like the Geico commercials sometimes, especially the one with the Sabres mascot in it.

I hate the Dodge commercial with the fairy... way over played.

Yeah. I hate those first person car accident commercials. I like the Progressive Insurance one though where the voice is like "you're driving down the road, you come to an intersection and... nothing happens." because it's such a relief given what you're expecting after all of those other commercials. The burger king adds have annoyed me for quite some time. I like the Geico commercials sometimes, especially the one with the Sabres mascot in it.

I hate the Dodge commercial with the fairy... way over played.

Of course, I don't get the ad with the Sabretooth in it, but I'll look for it next time I have a Sabres Center Ice game on. The silly little fairy commercial was overplayed. There were two versions, one where the guy said, 'silly little fairy' and one where that was removed. I actually liked the annoying Dodge Dr. Z commericals. When they quit running them a month or two ago, sales improved 36%. The Home Depot ads that star Tony Stewart are pretty good, usually.

Of course, I don't get the ad with the Sabretooth in it, but I'll look for it next time I have a Sabres Center Ice game on. The silly little fairy commercial was overplayed. There were two versions, one where the guy said, 'silly little fairy' and one where that was removed. I actually liked the annoying Dodge Dr. Z commericals. When they quit running them a month or two ago, sales improved 36%. The Home Depot ads that star Tony Stewart are pretty good, usually.

Many of the NASCAR related commercials that actually have the drivers in them are pretty good. My favorite ones were the ones with Dale Jarrett where UPS was trying to get him to drive the truck.

Many of the NASCAR related commercials that actually have the drivers in them are pretty good. My favorite ones were the ones with Dale Jarrett where UPS was trying to get him to drive the truck.

I will never embrace NASCAR but the commercial where he was trying to teach someone to drive was pretty funny. Left. Left.