Beer!

Mach_9

Ahhh a German man. Home to some of the greatest beer in the world. Hacker Pschorr Weiss Dark is my favorite German beer. Warsteiner Dunkel is excellent too. But I'm sure it's even better over there.

dude, I don't even know that Hacker Pschorr beer. I heard the name though but never in combination with beer. and I didn't know that Warsteiner has a dark beer too. but there are more than 5200 different kinds of German beer in this country.

I must admit, I'd rather smoke. :ninja:B)

I drank a lot when I was in tech school, but after spending like 10 hours each day studying during the week, I laid off the drinking on the weekends because I wanted to spend the weekend in my room playing video games and if I was out getting drunk, I'd have to deal with a hangover and such and I just got tired of it. I was a binge drinker. I used to be a Miller Lite drinker, but now I really like wine more than anything.

Once in a while when I go to a sporting event I will have a beer or two. Usually just get any Light Beer they might have available, not overly picky when I am at sports events.

• 2 months later...

I'm not much of a beer drinker or really a drinker at all. I've only ever had 2 types of beer, Labbatt lite and Guinness. Guinness is my favorite so far. However I do want to try Smithwicks, Kilkenny, Stella and a bit of a local beer Great West. (it's brewed in my home town, Saskatoon.)

Believe me when I say you will NOT be disappointed with Smithwicks. But do yourself a favor and try it on tap first. The bottle is good but it doesn't do it justice. Guinness is just gold in my eyes.

• 3 years later...

grave digging i know, but would rather bump an older thread with the same content i was going to post.

so whats everyone drinking these days?

I am going to Oktoberfest this year so I have been doing the German beers as of late. Pschor, Spaten, Paulner.

BUT for everyday drinking, love me some Rolling Rock, Miller Lite and Bud Light.

MN locally has some great ones. Surly Cynicale and Grainbelt Premium Nordeast are my two local favs

I like my Heineken, Sorta like my vitamin!

lush!

I do like a dark rum and coke also.

I can drink dark rum from the bottle.

Wow; I remember this thread. It sure does go WAAAAAY back. I can't believe that was almost five years ago. What the hell ever happened to Mach_9? He was a good member back in the day.

Might as well keep this going. I LOVE Yeungling, if I get a hankering I have to go across the lake into NY to get it as they don't sell it in VT. I am also a huge Rickard's Red fan, I really wish that would come into the states, but I have a feeling it wouldn't be the same. I usually don;t got for the micro brew thing, but when I do there is a local beer around here called Switchback. It's an unfiltered ale. If I'm out tearing it up though, I go for old stand bys PBR and High Life. I am one classy dude. :thumbsup:

I'm with Brilliant! on the Guiness train. Don't normally drink lighter shade beers, but I've grown to like Stella Artois. Spaten and Warsteiner are good too.

But I gotta say being a college student I somehow can get down Natural Lite. Where's my medal?

I'm with Brilliant! on the Guiness train. Don't normally drink lighter shade beers, but I've grown to like Stella Artois. Spaten and Warsteiner are good too.

But I gotta say being a college student I somehow can get down Natural Lite. Where's my medal?

Natty Lite whats up...If im the one buying the beer i like to try different beer. i just picked up a lager called Coney Island Lager and it was surprisingly good, that was a beer i will turn to again. Im normally down with the captain when i drink though. But only being 21 me and all my buddies normally have a bon fire in the fire pit i have outback and that is followed by a lot of heavy Natural Lite drinking.

Anyone try this Delirium Nocturnum? I got it from a guy at work in a bet from the Super Bowl. 8.5% alcohol. Kind of bitter, not sure if this is normal or if I just got a stale bottle. You get two glasses worth out of the bottle.

delirium_brune.jpg

When at The Ralph watching Sioux hockey? Fat Tire by New Belgium Brewing Co. (Colorado)

When at bowling? MGD (Wisconsin)

When anywhere else? Spotted Cow by New Glarus (Wisconsin)

When at The Ralph watching Sioux hockey? Fat Tire by New Belgium Brewing Co. (Colorado)

When at bowling? MGD (Wisconsin)

When anywhere else? Spotted Cow by New Glarus (Wisconsin)

Spotted Cow is awesome, I love being close enough to the WI border that I can drive over and grab some. I miss being able to get it any time i wanted when I was home.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm a fan of amber beers. I usually tend to lean toward Fat Tire, however when a good seasonal brew comes up, I buy what I can because I know I can always go back to Fat Tire. My favorite seasonals have been Sierra Nevada Tumbler and Sam Adams Winter Lager.

I also enjoy the Killians Red at BJ's restaurant, and (if I remember correctly) Sunset Amber at Oggi's Pizza

• 3 months later...

Natty Lite whats up...If im the one buying the beer i like to try different beer. i just picked up a lager called Coney Island Lager and it was surprisingly good, that was a beer i will turn to again. Im normally down with the captain when i drink though. But only being 21 me and all my buddies normally have a bon fire in the fire pit i have outback and that is followed by a lot of heavy Natural Lite drinking.

Love Guinness. Should try a Maryland brew from Clipper City Brewing co. They have a Mutiny fleet series and the Siren Noire is to die for. Imperial chocolate stout, the head tastes like chocolate milk. I'm big into stouts and darker lagers, Spaten Oktoberfest, New Castle, Mikkeler's. Wheat beers are great for the summer months, Bell's Oberon and Sam Adams Summer Ale kill it.

This is my current favorite

MBIndiaPaleAle.jpg

I LOVE BEER!!! I hate American mass produced beers (Buttwiper, Miller, etc...). A few of my other favorites are Sam Adams Oktoberfest, and Sam Adams Cherry Wheat. I like Red Stripe from Jamaica also, esspecially when on a beach in Jamaica. I also enjoy finding local microbrewerys when I travel. I am lucky that there is a micro brewery about a mile from my house that has great beer, good food, and live music that is usually pretty good.