Will The Penguins Make the Playoffs?

Mach_9

Penguins Chances  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Will this year's Penguins make the playoffs? If so, what seed in the East?

• 1st ...right
    • 2nd
    • 3rd
    • 4th
    • 5th
    • 6th
    • 7th
    • 8th
    • The Penguins won't make the playoffs
    • Too early to tell

So what do you all think of the Penguins so far? They've certainly shocked me. Malkin is better than I expected. Jordan Staal is much better than I expected. Crosby is having a stellar second year (totally outshining Ovie so far) and they look a lot better than in the past. Still a ton of holes and issues that need to be addressed, but I can see them taking a late playoff spot this year. It will be exciting and interesting to see what happens.

Edit: I messed up the poll, so if you want to vote "no" they will not make the playoffs, put 1st as the place they will finish in. I didn't leave an option in the second question for if they didn't make it.

So what do you all think of the Penguins so far? They've certainly shocked me. Malkin is better than I expected. Jordan Staal is much better than I expected. Crosby is having a stellar second year (totally outshining Ovie so far) and they look a lot better than in the past. Still a ton of holes and issues that need to be addressed, but I can see them taking a late playoff spot this year. It will be exciting and interesting to see what happens.

With them announcing that Staal will stay with the team, that gives them a better chance, but I think that they will fall short this year, but next year they will make it.

Note: Cannot vote No, since you have to answer both questions.

With them announcing that Staal will stay with the team, that gives them a better chance, but I think that they will fall short this year, but next year they will make it.

Note: Cannot vote No, since you have to answer both questions.

I was going to add an option saying they won't make it in the second question, but for some reason I thought it would let you vote individually. Sorry... messed that one up. Oh well, we can at least discuss the topic here. I guess if you want to say "No" than vote 1st seed.

I was going to add an option saying they won't make it in the second question, but for some reason I thought it would let you vote individually. Sorry... messed that one up. Oh well, we can at least discuss the topic here. I guess if you want to say "No" than vote 1st seed.

EDIT: I've edited the poll, it is now merged into one question to simplify things.

I've edited the poll, so you can basically answer No in both questions if you feel they won't make the playoffs.

Thanks a lot Wolf.

I think they'll make it into the playoffs on the backs of teams that crumble during the stretch; the Pens will gain a playoff berth through attrition, as it were.

With that said, I think it highly unlikely that they'll get out of the first round alive.

Agreed. That's pretty much how I feel. With teams not playing as they were expected to and the Pens being stronger than they were expected to be, I see them making the playoffs and seeing an early exit. Still, making the playoffs alone will be good for that team, and it shows that they're making progress and will be someone to look out for as their young stars mature.