All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. mfitz804

eBay version 4.0

I usually assume that, because if they “probably” would, I would know by the time I was selling it. But, I’ve learned as noted above that some people don’t try. Some people will also wear jerseys with arena food stains all over them because they are afraid to wash a jersey. I mean, we’re a page of knowledgeable collectors and we have a thread on how to properly wash a jersey, so that information is needed here too. Drives me crazy when people are like “I just soaked it in cold water” or “I used very little detergent”.
  3. jsh139

eBay version 4.0

I’m always a little wary of the auctions that say “some stains, but they may come out”. Because, to me, that might mean that they tried to get them out, but couldn’t. Like, “I dunno, you might be able to get them out...I just couldn’t.” Ya know?
  4. mfitz804

Customizer's Current Wait Times Thread

No. Their normal timeframe is 8-12 weeks, and usually it winds up being longer. I have an order I put in May 2 that they told me will be done this week. Using that as a reference, you are t even close. The fact that they are “current” doesn’t make it faster unless it’s a team they currently do on-ice jerseys for. But, that said, this is the time when they are busy doing all of their team orders for the upcoming season, so collector orders are always slower. In sum, you probably have another month before you are done.
  5. tomtucker

Customizer's Current Wait Times Thread

EPS received 2 current style bruins jerseys of mine on june 24.... shouldn't they been done by now? should i ask them, or is this normal time frame.
  6. mfitz804

eBay version 4.0

A/k/a “the normal price”, yes, I love that guy too lol.
  7. Hockey Bob

eBay version 4.0

But not more than the guy who sold you the blank at his cost right? (it actually helped me too as I needed that $ to buy 6 MIC Adidas all at once)
  8. mfitz804

eBay version 4.0

Love that guy!!
  9. Devilsguy

eBay version 4.0

There's also a growing number of people who simply don't want to put out the effort to clean the jersey, even if it means more $ in their pocket. Kind of like that buyer mfitz had that would rather spend ridiculous amounts of money for his already customized jerseys than send it to EPS himself.
  10. TheBZ

It arrived today v. 8.0

So, trying to not get too excited about what could be nothing, but. I saw some MiC team stock for this coming season (don’t ask, I can’t tell where/how). Anyways, the team stock came with retail adidas tags in the collar, in addition to the usual TI card at the end of one sleeve. Thought it was very odd to see retail adidas tags on team stock.
  11. TMLFAN

It arrived today v. 8.0

Same. Just like with edge 2.0’s eventually stock will get out into the market. I wouldn’t get too excited about JB getting them though unless you’re cool paying $500 for a blank
  12. Hockey Bob

It arrived today v. 8.0

I won't go for the Indo Adidas as I bought one and promptly returned it. Poor quality, loose threads, bad fit and so on. I have gotten my hands on 7 MIC Adidas so far and they are about as good as the 2.0's (similar quality) but compared to the Indo Ady's it's night and day. It's got me a little concerned about the direction of collecting. I feel it's gonna drive the price way up because the current styles are not availible in the quantities to feed all of our needs - but I also feel it's going to hurt the value of 2.0's and 6100 style because people won't have extra $ to spend on older stuff when they want the latest and greatest. For the sake of my collection I don't want the older stuff to become boring or lose value but what are ya gonna do... I hope I'm getting my point across the right way as it's Friday and I'm just trying to chime in beofre I kick off the work day. Enjoy the weekend everybody!
  13. Hockey Bob

eBay version 4.0

I'm thrilled as all get out when I see a dirty jersey, it typically equates to a better price and gives me a small window to snag it when other buyers pause. It also has netted me a few gamers at a low cost which I was able to identify and pass on to those that want gamers. I think the biggest reason people don't clean them is due to the tagging in the neck that describes how to handle washing and it scares them a little bit Again, works for me as I plan on cleaning everything I buy anyway
  14. mfitz804

It arrived today v. 8.0

Most of us still shun the Indo, but some people are still collecting them because the MIC are not available at retail. I’ve found plenty the same way you did, but you have to be willing to strip and re-do. I happen to agree about the 2.0, I have definitely come to like the MIC Adidas better. Never did understand what Reebok was trying to accomplish with the collar, it’s like they made a v-neck, then added an extra piece to cut off the V, and the collar kind of stands up in the back.
  15. Phil the Thrill

It arrived today v. 8.0

I won’t touch an indo with a ten foot pole. I was able to get my hands on a MIC Stadium Series and AreTnas, so I’m happy enough since the Leafs haven’t changed their style since the Reeboks. Ideally, going forward hopefully someone gets an in with Adidas like JB did with Reebok. But who knows how long that could take.
  16. StayFrosty

It arrived today v. 8.0

Not sure, are a lot of you guys willing to collect Adidas Indo jerseys since the MIC jersey is so hard to come by? Obviously, the Fanatics jersey is out. Total garbage from what I've heard. And the Reebok 2.0's were/are good, but I don't like the collar on them compared to Adidas, and I want what I collect from here on in to be current and modern. For Oilers, my team, I also really like their current orange jerseys, more than any Reebok home jerseys they've had.
  17. JJM4

It arrived today v. 8.0

Nice score on the Oilers MiC! Thanks for sharing. The only Adidas MiC I have seen in person was an Oilers retro from last season with the 40th patch. Just like KB67 was mentioning, it too was a super easy strip, I was even able to salvage the nameplate. Good luck with the strip and re-custom. And 320 CAD is a good amount to be into one, you've done well I'd say.
  18. StayFrosty

It arrived today v. 8.0

Yep I'll strip myself. I've done like 3 or 4 in the past. Also I'll get it crested by Elite Sportswear. They always seem to remove any extra residue for you and also iron out any creases.
  19. KB67

It arrived today v. 8.0

Are you doing the strip yourself? I have done two of these Oilers jerseys, both a white one and an orange one, and they were the two easiest strip jobs I have done to date. The perforated numbers basically just peeled right off after I ripped all the stitches, then a bit of Acetone to remove what little residue there was left behind, and after that I was golden.
  20. StayFrosty

It arrived today v. 8.0

Cool, thanks for your support. I just was being sort of lazy, and thought no one would be interested until I get the jersey crested with a good, relevant player! This has so far cost me $320 CAD from the time of purchase, to when it got to me (customs fees).
  21. JJM4

eBay version 4.0

Hahaha, so true.
  22. mfitz804

eBay version 4.0

Not really. It’s all of us.
  23. JJM4

eBay version 4.0

Gamers is a totally different story for sure, I just want them the way they would have been hung it the stall prior to the wearing part. Who the weird ones are is up for debate I suppose.
  24. mfitz804

It arrived today v. 8.0

Agreed, we’ll basically look at anything right about now.
  25. mfitz804

eBay version 4.0

I think full disclosure is always the way to go. But like you intimated, I can look at a stain and make a pretty good assessment as to whether or not it can be cleaned. But I still don’t know why a seller would not just wash it, on the theory that less flaws equals more money. Again, not talking about you game worn weirdos who like your jerseys brimming with DNA.
  26. JJM4

It arrived today v. 8.0

@StayFrosty I post blanks I'm pumped about. You don't have to ask to post pics, it's an open forum and a number of us are bored in the summer off season and just want to see or hear anything about jerseys. If you want to show us a sweet Adidas MiC, go for it.
  1. Load more activity