Where tp get jersey cut..in half :)

OK…sticklers for perfect jerseys..run away. So i have a red and a white Canadiens jersey, I want to get them "married" together [half/half], then customized . I know I could go to local alterations store and see if they can do it, but i am wondering if there is someone/store out there that might have experience with this?? Any ideas let me know. I will try to attach a pic of what I am trying to do…obvisouly wrong team :).post-20986-0-10627400-1409313566_thumb.j

Don't stop there you should also do a pair of your dress pants with a pair of jeans. just start shredding your whole wardrobe half leather jacket with half sports jacket, half underwear with half female panties the possibilities are endless.

great idea

Well…never mind….God forbid you just move on if your not interested. I'm a fan, and have great memories from my team in both jerseys. Its done regularly, I just don't know where. Now go back to picking a part the stitch pattern of the number on the left sleeve of that jersey on ebay. Never thought about a half montreal half boston jersey [half winner…half boston] …might be hard to screw that up, since i would send in two Montreal jerseys!!! So glad for the helpful input!

Well…never mind….God forbid you just move on if your not interested. I'm a fan, and have great memories from my team in both jerseys.

So have one of each and wear them on consecutive days.

Don't stop there you should also do a pair of your dress pants with a pair of jeans. ###### just start shredding your whole wardrobe half leather jacket with half sports jacket, half underwear with half female panties the possibilities are endless.

great idea

This sounds like something a deranged ex-district attorney would start doing while feuding with a bat based super hero.

ccm made replicas of these a few years back, i have seen a few on ebay from time to time. you might want to check around first

I actually would've been interested in serious responses to this too. Just because it's an odd idea doesn't really call for the amount of ridicule this guy got.

Someone wanted to get me and my wife a jersey like this for our wedding present, but never found a place (though I don't think he really even tried).

I really thing this would have to be done by the owner of the two jerseys. Just use a good pair of scissors and cut down the middle of each jersey. So now essentially you have 4 halves. Now if you know someone who can sew than I am sure they could do it properly, if not take it to a local tailor and explain what you want and that you wouldn't want it to look like some frankenstein creation. I am sure they could make it work since there isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to make these things.Good luck.

You'd probable be better off with two blanks, doing what flyhighguys94 said, and then adding a full crest on top. That way your crest wouldn't have a huge cut down the middle.

One of my friends moved to California and we joked about doing this with a Rangers and a Devils jersey to settle our "feud".

But we were only joking.

Best bet is to find two blanks and a crest and do it that way. If you take two jerseys with the crests already on them, i think the take up during the sew is going to be enough that the logo isn't going to look proper.

Just my 2 cents.

I actually have one of these hybrid jerseys in my collection. It's a half home, half away devils jersey that I got as part of a lot deal that I bought years ago (was targeting the SGA banner collection that was in the lot). It's a CCM mid 90's replicas (the ones that had an ultrafil types material but not and had CCM stamped on and not the embroidered CCM) that was cut down the middle and the crest looks to be not the original from either but bought separate and attached on. From what it looks like it was either done custom by someone who had experience or a professional seamstress.

These always gets looks at the arena but never cared for them too much. Like the old Starter fashion jerseys, they are more for the unwashed masses rather than most jersey collectors.

I'm actually selling my devils hybrid on eBay now as I never wore it and was also one size too small.

Thanks for the replays. It would not be for wearing. I would get the back name/number then signed…so the crest would not matter. However I am aware that since both the jerseys I hav are crested they would need to be removed. I agree that a goos seemstress would be needed…that was the origin of the post. How hard is it to remove the team crest from the front??? Could be just cut since it would show once framed, but probably easier to do it without. If I could find CCM Montreal uncreated jerseys I would go that way, but haven't had luck with that.

Thanks for the replays. It would not be for wearing. I would get the back name/number then signed…so the crest would not matter. However I am aware that since both the jerseys I hav are crested they would need to be removed. I agree that a goos seemstress would be needed…that was the origin of the post. How hard is it to remove the team crest from the front??? Could be just cut since it would show once framed, but probably easier to do it without. If I could find CCM Montreal uncreated jerseys I would go that way, but haven't had luck with that.

Then you will have a name on the back half in home color and half in road, plus two half nameplates? And make sure you pick numbers that don't cross the center line. No single digits, or you'd need half a number home and half a number road.