Mighty Ducks Font question

I'm not quite well versed in the differences between the various block fonts, so I put the question to you guys: what style of block font did the Mighty Ducks use? Is it the same as any of the ones currently in use by other teams?

I ask because I'm reverting Anaheim back to the Mighty Ducks look for my Nike NHL project.

They, like men other teams of that time, used the standard Maska font or some variation of it. As far as I know, the teams that still currently use that style are Buffalo and Edmonton...though the Oilers is probably the closest because they are triple-layered.

I'm not quite well versed in the differences between the various block fonts, so I put the question to you guys: what style of block font did the Mighty Ducks use? Is it the same as any of the ones currently in use by other teams?

I ask because I'm reverting Anaheim back to the Mighty Ducks look for my Nike NHL project.

Kevin, the font is slightly different than other teams. Believe it or not, each team's style in a block font is slightly different.

• 2 months later...

Didn't want to start a new topic and this was the closest one that my questions some what relate to...

When wearing Nike, did the Mighty Ducks wear only air knit in their home (white) jerseys? I tried to do some research and managed to find that all Nike road jerseys were air knit and definitely 1997-98 and 1998-99 home jerseys as well, but for the 1996-97 I'm not sure. It did look like they might be ultrafil… Did Nike even make ultrafil jerseys?

Also, I've seen several game worn jerseys that didn't have a nameplate. Was that some random thing or a particular set or what?

http://www.classicauctions.net/Default.aspx?tabid=263&auctionid=8&lotid=327