Etiquette for jerseys of deceased players?

TheBZ

I was gifted a Derek Boogaard Minnesota Wild jersey before he died. I'm not a Wild fan, so it's just sat in my closet. As I'm trying to clear out my collection a bit, I wanted to open it up to the forum and the more experienced members here on what the etiquette for trying to move a jersey like this is. Personally, I'd like to sell it to a Wild fan who will make more use of it than I do, but I want to handle this with respect. Thanks.

14764470078_780b1d2351_z.jpg

14764469798_602edfd06d_z.jpg

Its fine to sell them. I just wouldn't exploit it being like "Oh, its of a dead guy, so its rare!" like some might do on eBay.

But you're clearly not going to do that, so you're not going to be breaking any etiquette.

Its fine to sell them. I just wouldn't exploit it being like "Oh, its of a dead guy, so its rare!" like some might do on eBay.

But you're clearly not going to do that, so you're not going to be breaking any etiquette.

Nah definitely wouldn't go that route. Thanks for the feedback.

as long as its not game worn I dont see any potential problems..

Cool, that was my thought too. Thank you.

Out of curiosity, why would selling a deceased player's game worn be any different. If a guy dies you have to keep it forever? Return it to his family? What's the etiquette in that situation?

Out of curiosity, why would selling a deceased player's game worn be any different. If a guy dies you have to keep it forever? Return it to his family? What's the etiquette in that situation?

Same as selling a replica or an authentic in my opinion. There's nothing wrong with selling anything of a deceased player... so long as his death is not exploited to inflate the price.

What about players that appear to be deceased, but somehow still remain on the ice ?

Nobody wants a Bryce Salvador jersey anyway.

Same as selling a replica or an authentic in my opinion. There's nothing wrong with selling anything of a deceased player... so long as his death is not exploited to inflate the price.

I was trying to find a Robin (i.e. Batman and Robin) T-shirt because my daughter is going to be Batgirl for Halloween and I thought it would be fun.

You wouldn't believe how many vultures are selling Robin Williams t-shirts right now.

its not that, its how someone prices it. Sometimes the prices skyrocket and youll see them listed on ebay the day after his death. That could be an issue for some people.

its not that, its how someone prices it. Sometimes the prices skyrocket and youll see them listed on ebay the day after his death. That could be an issue for some people.

I got it. That would be pretty disrespectful to do.

I was trying to find a Robin (i.e. Batman and Robin) T-shirt because my daughter is going to be Batgirl for Halloween and I thought it would be fun.

You wouldn't believe how many vultures are selling Robin Williams t-shirts right now.

dying have always been profitable..........when michael jackson died , everyone on earth bought his music.........it has been like this forever, picasso and van gogh only became billionaires after they died....................best way to make money=fake your own death

dying have always been profitable..........when michael jackson died , everyone on earth bought his music.........it has been like this forever, picasso and van gogh only became billionaires after they died....................best way to make money=fake your own death

Like biggie and tupac

Like biggie and tupac

picasso and van gogh and biggie and tupac...........i see the similarities, no doubt........ which one of them was it that came up with the line : Because you know I love it young, fresh and green , with no hair in between, know what I mean?

I can´t quite remember ?.................. :stickhndl: