EBay

Brilliant!

I would first contact the seller if the items are not as described and see what he advises. He would probably make you return the whole lot instead of just one or two jerseys. Lately i have been seeing Replica Blank Fishermans going for about 70 on ebay. So a customized Palfy is probably worth around what you paid for it if you think about it. Depending on what the seller says i would then leave appropriate feedback.

I definitely feel like I still got a great deal as an authentic Fisherman jersey with Ziggy, properly customized (I will have to change it) is worth over half of the total, if not more and there is at least two other authentics. I just want to be prepared in case something is wrong with any of the other jerseys. I still don't understand why he sold them as a lot instead of seperately.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually am the buyer, and was wondering what my options are if I did indeed want to pursue something like that and maybe do some complaining to PayPal, granted, I should have caught it myself, but seeing the Fish Sticks and Nordiques jersey the authentic descriptions all started to flow together and I would still consider myself happy with the overall purchase, but this does in fact change the value of the goods. Just wondering if there is any path at all to pursue if I am unhappy once the jerseys arrive.

Any input?

You have options if you are not happy based on the way the seller listed the items. First off I would e-mail the seller and ask if the two jersey's in question are in fact authentic or replica's. After that, if the jersey's arrive and the older Islanders and Nordiques jersey's are in fact replica's you can get a refund based on the items not being as described. Like I said maybe they used the wrong pictures for those two jerseys and they are in fact authentic, who knows.

I definitely feel like I still got a great deal as an authentic Fisherman jersey with Ziggy, properly customized (I will have to change it) is worth over half of the total, if not more and there is at least two other authentics. I just want to be prepared in case something is wrong with any of the other jerseys. I still don't understand why he sold them as a lot instead of seperately.

Yeah, one of the infamous Van de Velde jerseys went for $271!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...e=STRK:MEWAX:IT

The Sakic could sell for a bit too. Those Starter mesh jerseys are really nice.

The Nordiques jersey might go for a bit too even though it's replica. If it were authentic it would be worth more than the Fisherman.

Yeah, one of the infamous Van de Velde jerseys went for $271!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...e=STRK:MEWAX:IT

The Sakic could sell for a bit too. Those Starter mesh jerseys are really nice.

The Nordiques jersey might go for a bit too even though it's replica. If it were authentic it would be worth more than the Fisherman.

The Nordiques is one of the ones I bought the lot for, I am working on all the defunct teams since the expansion in '67. The Fish Sticks jersey is just for the ugly factor. I am currently working towards the top 10 list that JeffB wrote about, minus the two super expensive ones (Burger King and Wild Wing) for now anyways.

No defuncto collection would be complete without this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/1974-75-Ron-Huston-Cal...=item19b73b168f

:D

Haha, if only I wasn't a poor college student, maybe someday...

I actually have a pretty nice Singapore special Golden Seal jersey with that same color scheme, I bought it because it was actually a very proportional and seemingly colormatched version. I know people here aren't too big on Asian knock-off merchandise, but for a jersey like this I am glad I got it, its a nice conversation piece and still looks bad-Arse regardless of its history of being made by small Asian children.

No defuncto collection would be complete without this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/1974-75-Ron-Huston-Cal...=item19b73b168f

:D

Well for nearly $7k, the shipping and insurance BETTER be free. hahaha

Not a bad color scheme, I like the Seals darker jerseys better.... too bad they were never a great team.

This may be an "out of the blue" question, but does anybody know if FAKE youth replica EDGE jerseys were ever made? Or is it just the men's (obviously)?

This may be an "out of the blue" question, but does anybody know if FAKE youth replica EDGE jerseys were ever made? Or is it just the men's (obviously)?

They tend to only make "authentic" knock-offs, with fight strap and such. I doubt there'd be much of a market in youth knock-offs...but thats just my opinion, not saying its never been done.

I agree with Flountown that it probably wouldn't be worth the counterfeiters time/money to do kids replicas.

I have however seen some that had the letter-sizing (L, XL, XXL etc.) and jock tag like a replica, but also had a fight strap and were billed as authentic.

Has anyone had experience with the seller "JerseyPros" ? They look like nice authentics, but then on some of them

they only placed the front crest, patches and numbers on for the photos, not sewed them down yet.

The Linden / Gerry Cosby jersey looks like they sewed the numbers together but are going to heat press them down, they

don't look attached to me in the photos. Whaddaya think? For $500 I would hope it's sewn down.

Edited by hannuvirta

Link to Fake Youth Crosby

They're pretty rare, but they are available. Player/team selection is also minimal. I don't think I've seen anyone but Crosby in youth sizes.

Has anyone had experience with the seller "JerseyPros" ? They look like nice authentics, but then on some of them

they only placed the front crest, patches and numbers on for the photos, not sewed them down yet.

The Linden / Gerry Cosby jersey looks like they sewed the numbers together but are going to heat press them down, they

don't look attached to me in the photos. Whaddaya think? For $500 I would hope it's sewn down.

Bought a jersey from him and Loved it. Expensive for the most part (except mine!), but loved it.

speaking of jerseypros, what do you guys think of this one price-wise? I'm trying to talk him down

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=400079957905

that's kinda what I'm thinking, even if the replica is 25 years old. he won't come down so I'm going to keep watching it and hopefully he lowers it again, he had it at $250 before. I reeeeally want it though, trying to talk myself out of just dumping cash for it.

that's kinda what I'm thinking, even if the replica is 25 years old. he won't come down so I'm going to keep watching it and hopefully he lowers it again, he had it at $250 before. I reeeeally want it though, trying to talk myself out of just dumping cash for it.

If you want it then that's the most important part. Do what you think is right.

What are people's thoughts on this one (and no it doesn't have both Hunter and Bondra on it, which was my first thought)?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Washington-Capitals-Au...=item4a9bd0d743

What do I think? I think that is one of the finest examples of an NHL jersey ever created. The whites are nice but those red jerseys were just beautiful. It's gonna go high but if you can get it, it'll be worth EVERY SINGLE PENNY.

What do I think? I think that is one of the finest examples of an NHL jersey ever created. The whites are nice but those red jerseys were just beautiful. It's gonna go high but if you can get it, it'll be worth EVERY SINGLE PENNY.

Amen to that! Still think the Rangers' sweater is better, but Brilliant! already knew that was true!