EBay

Brilliant!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Steve-Yzerman-Detroit-...=item4a9c4635dd

Real? The sleeve numbers look a little off, and something about the neck tag seems off too.

It's real and a very good price.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys. I won this and want to know what you think.

Yzerman signed TBTC jersey

I didn't check back on this listing until after it ended, and I found that the seller later revised the listing saying there was no fight strap.

Now this jersey looks like it should have had one. Maybe it was cut out?

Anyways, just would like some expert eyes to look at it and give me an opinion....I honestly didn't think I'd win as the TBTC jerseys sell for way more than that, let alone signed.

I haven't received it yet, hence why I'm posting....

Also, have a look at this

Patrick Roy Koho Authentic

I think this had the fight strap sewn into it, as the Koho authentic jerseys should have the NHL shield on the hemn (the replica jerseys had the NHL puck logo and the Koho logo on the sleeve).

This jersey has the puck logo and the Koho sleeve logo, but evidently has the fight strap.

I'm interested in this (as evidenced by my want list in my signature) but it looks to have had the fight strap added to a replica

thanks in advance

Edited by HockeyMusic

I don't know much if anything about the TBTC jerseys so I'll skip that one.

As for the Roy, it's definitely a replica from what I can tell. It's doesn't have numeric-sizing and the sleeve and hem tagging scream replica. The nameplate appears to be twill instead of airknit. While the customization does look like glacier twill, it does look embroidered instead of zig-zag stitched and appears to be not stitched to the jersey - probably glued on (as was common for factory customized 550 replicas).

I don't know much if anything about the TBTC jerseys so I'll skip that one.

As for the Roy, it's definitely a replica from what I can tell. It's doesn't have numeric-sizing and the sleeve and hem tagging scream replica. The nameplate appears to be twill instead of airknit. While the customization does look like glacier twill, it does look embroidered instead of zig-zag stitched and appears to be not stitched to the jersey - probably glued on (as was common for factory customized 550 replicas).

Yeah i thought so, thanks again! :)

I'm still waiting for a real one to show up somewhere.....I noticed that the nameplate is twill.....and it should be air-kint as you mentioned for the 2001-era.....

About the TBTC jersey, the lettering may or may not be right, but the 75 patch should not be on the shoulder. I also don't think the Red Wings wore arm numbers on the TBTC jersey.

That Yzerman TBTC jersey is a mess. The horrible customization job and lack of fightstrap is probably why the price is low but I would have waited for a better example to come along rather then fix all the mistakes on that jersey. Here is what it should look like

RedWings26.png

Hey guys. I won this and want to know what you think.

Yzerman signed TBTC jersey

I didn't check back on this listing until after it ended, and I found that the seller later revised the listing saying there was no fight strap.

Now this jersey looks like it should have had one. Maybe it was cut out?

Anyways, just would like some expert eyes to look at it and give me an opinion....I honestly didn't think I'd win as the TBTC jerseys sell for way more than that, let alone signed.

I haven't received it yet, hence why I'm posting....

Also, have a look at this

Patrick Roy Koho Authentic

I think this had the fight strap sewn into it, as the Koho authentic jerseys should have the NHL shield on the hemn (the replica jerseys had the NHL puck logo and the Koho logo on the sleeve).

This jersey has the puck logo and the Koho sleeve logo, but evidently has the fight strap.

I'm interested in this (as evidenced by my want list in my signature) but it looks to have had the fight strap added to a replica

thanks in advance

I did the same thing on a blank Avalanche alternate jersey. I ordered a Roy name and number kit off of ebay, then took it to the local hockey shop to customize it. Although they only had poly material for the name plate. It looks good, but also out of place.

Edited by Avalanche freak

Can somebody please explain this: I have a pic of Yzerman wearing the TBTC jersey with sleeve number but I also have pics of a game worn TBTC Fedorov jersey that doesn't have sleeve numbers.

Here's your answer:

Hey Blue for some reason the Clark TBTC jersey has no numbers on the arms. Is that correctly done or do I need to order some?

That is indeed correct. The Leafs, Bruins, Hawks and Habs didn't use arm numbers for those jerseys. The Rangers and Wings did though.

Though for the game the Wings wore them against Chicago in 1994 they did skip the arm numbers.

Supposedly the sleeve numbers that game weren't skipped for any design purpose but rather because they decided to wear those jerseys so late that they didn't have time to do them. IIRC, that's what the TV guys said at the time, doesn't mean it's true. It's also one line from a broadcast I saw once 15 years ago, I could be misremembering.

That is up there with one of of the most god awfulist jersey i have ever seen.

That Yzerman TBTC jersey is a mess. The horrible customization job and lack of fightstrap is probably why the price is low but I would have waited for a better example to come along rather then fix all the mistakes on that jersey. Here is what it should look like

RedWings26.png

Hmm thanks for that.....well that kinda sucks, to be honest I didn't check NHLUniforms.com as I should have in this case. Well maybe I can fix the jersey up a little (hopefully).

Yes there is a lot to fix, but I would like to if I can.

Thanks for the help guys!!!

What's wrong with me??? I didn't even notice that the Fedorov gamer has no 75th Anniversary patch... Thanks for the lesson :thumbsup:

Heh I actually got that from a guy who contributes on the Rangers board I'm part of with D, Brilliant!, and Aketon

I was actually thinking about this the other day - how great it would be a jersey for each of the guys who played on a team for a given season. Granted I was thinking about gamers, which would be insanely more expensive.

I'm not sure why House of Hockey would pick the 2009-10 Pens instead of doing an entire set from 2008-09 with Cup Patches. For $7k they should throw in one of those 2ft tall Stanley Cup replicas.

Gotta agree. I don't know of anyone who wants a Jay McKee or Mike Rupp jersey. Yet. You never know.

And a bunch of white authentics could be a problem for some people who spill a lot (me). I won a white authentic a couple weeks ago (that Crosby ASG jersey I posted about) and I decided I'm not going to wear it to Long Island next Friday when I go to the Isles/Pens game. Isles fans don't seem psycho but you never know who may want to throw beer or food on it...dark colors for me on the road; I'll save the Crosby for WBS games or Pittsburgh games in Pittsburgh. Heh.

Gotta agree. I don't know of anyone who wants a Jay McKee or Mike Rupp jersey. Yet. You never know.

And a bunch of white authentics could be a problem for some people who spill a lot (me). I won a white authentic a couple weeks ago (that Crosby ASG jersey I posted about) and I decided I'm not going to wear it to Long Island next Friday when I go to the Isles/Pens game. Isles fans don't seem psycho but you never know who may want to throw beer or food on it...dark colors for me on the road; I'll save the Crosby for WBS games or Pittsburgh games in Pittsburgh. Heh.

Well I think I learned the hard way about white authentics, as I own a Penguins white authentic too. Mine has a few very small stains on it from spills. They were mostly from me forgetting to take my jersey off when I eat. I hope they will all come out next time I wash it.

But I agree with you WBS Fan, steer clear from wearing white to road games. Save the white for when you are in the friendly confines or in your own home. You won't regret it. :thumbsup:

Actually I wore white to Hershey twice last year, which is a HUGE rival for my AHL team. Though some of the fans got nasty, I didn't get food thrown at me. But winning the Crosby jersey not that long ago changed my outlook completely on wearing white on the road. That will be no more, unless I go to one of those AHL arenas where no more than 15 people show up for a game. :P

People, for the love of all things holy...if you're going to sell a fake hockey jersey, at least get the sport and the details about it right...

http://cgi.ebay.com/AMAZING-HOCKEY-JERSEY-...=item335791e15d

People, for the love of all things holy...if you're going to sell a fake hockey jersey, at least get the sport and the details about it right...

http://cgi.ebay.com/AMAZING-HOCKEY-JERSEY-...=item335791e15d

Wow that's bad...also what is the deal with the lightning bolts in the description? I saw that language in that St. Louis Blues (not Martin St. Louis) one a while ago also. If I believed this listing, I'd start to think that all of my jerseys must have lightning bolts sewn on (and double stitched, to boot) that I'm not aware of (and no, I don't own any Tampa Bay jerseys).

Wow that's bad...also what is the deal with the lightning bolts in the description? I saw that language in that St. Louis Blues (not Martin St. Louis) one a while ago also. If I believed this listing, I'd start to think that all of my jerseys must have lightning bolts sewn on (and double stitched, to boot) that I'm not aware of (and no, I don't own any Tampa Bay jerseys).

Lol, thats funny. Proof reading is usually a good idea.

Considering some of the horribly made stuff I've seen people bid on, it would not surprise me one bit if someone read that listing and believed NHL jerseys should have lightning bolts.