NHL Team Customizers

I have a feeling the Edges will be OK. But I still think you should ask about the number size on the Liberty if you did not make any specific size request in the order. I posted this picture a while back, and you can see on the Liberty (done by EPS) that the numbers look quite small, not to mention the fact that they used a 6100 number font instead of one used on a Starter. I am pretty sure they will use these numbers unless you specify otherwise.

DSCN2125_zpsc164a9e6.jpg

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks. I just called them and they said someone will call me back to answer my question. They said they need to dig up my jersey and check.

I also sent four easy Pens jerseys that I know they won't have trouble with, and Kings black and Purple 2.0, a Ducks 6100 black and eggplant third, and a Bauer Binghamton Rangers, so I'm hoping those aren't an issue.

Uh, I hate to add to your problems, but no one except for the team letterer can do the Kings one correctly, and unfortunately there is nothing you can tell them to remedy this- no one else has the correct font to begin with. Just sayin'...

LAK74- just curious.....do you have a Wings' Luc?

Didn't see one in your pic.

No, I don't. I've been looking for a Koho 46 forever, without any success. I do also have a blue Rangers, which I got after taking the picture.

Well. That sucks.

Tell me about it. It's tough being a Kings fan AND a jersey fan. :(

...AND a jersey fan. :(

That's just the saddest thing I've heard all day.

Just heard back from Josh, and even before I gave the measurements of the Reebok liberty numbers he actually said:

"4 1/8" for the sleeve, and "12 1/8" for the back, and "I got measurements from a previous customer about the Reeboks". :)

He also acknowledged my concern about the Kings jersey and said they can and have already done that style. Not being a huge Kings fan, I'd just be happy if it came closer than the original two-layer customization mine used to have.

Gee, I wonder who that customer was... Just out of curiosity, what player and season are you doing with the Kings?

Quick, of course. While he did play in a 1.0, I've only seen him wear the three-layer numbers (kiss-cut). Mine originally had the two layer (silver on purple). Mine is a 2.0.

I presently have a brand new white version too in my sales thread. If it doesn't sell, I may make it a Dustin Brown jersey eventually.

Right, now I remember that you posted that jersey before. I think you were trying to find a photo to see if it had a nameplate or something like that. I wonder if Josh was trying to say that they modified their font files in order to improve accuracy. The biggest problem with their Kings fonts was that their back numbers are too thin, so the gaps between the different parts of each number look bigger than they should. Unfortunately this would be pretty noticeable with a 3 and a 2. Their letters are a bit too wide, and they tend to space the letters a bit too closely together.

The first black/purple crown jersey like yours that I had, I got done up by EPS. I was really happy with it; the stitching was excellent and the kiss-cutting was very precise, and because it was a number 11, it wasn't obvious to me that the numbers had a thinner shape. But after I joined this group I learned a lot more about customization and became an obsessive, nitpicky stickler for detail, so now I'm somewhat less happy with it, since I'm now much more cognizant of the details of Kings customization.

But hopefully it still should look good enough that most people wouldn't really notice the difference.

Has anyone ever sent out a 2000/01 ASG jersey for customization? Trying to track down someone that can do a Milan Hejduk '01 for me.

It's the general consensus here that Cutting Edge Sports did the official ASG jerseys that year.

http://www.cuttingedge-sports.com

Thanks! And they seem to be out of Woburn, so I won't have to spend a fortune in shipping.

Cutting Edge was incredible to deal with. 10 DAYS from me mailing it out to me receiving the finished product.

Cutting Edge was incredible to deal with. 10 DAYS from me mailing it out to me receiving the finished product.

It must depend on the time of year. When I used them in fall it took around two months I think for a single jersey. Admittedly, that's probably their busy season in anticipation for hockey season, so it makes sense. I wasn't in a hurry and was very pleased with the work, but I wouldn't have described them as quick. It's good to hear that they can turn stuff around quickly though.

Yeah theyve done stuff in just a few days for me in the off season as well.

It took me 13 weeks at Stitches NY. Usually they are 2-3 weeks during the regular season. I dropped stuff off at the end of March and got them back mid-June. They were really busy recently.

That's great to hear. I'll be sending them three jerseys in a week after I strip them. Thanks for the heads up!

That's great to hear. I'll be sending them three jerseys in a week after I strip them. Thanks for the heads up!

Anytime, definitely send it before they get busy with the regular season stuff. I think I'll send my other fishermen to Cutting Edge next summer. Need to make another trip to Stitches this summer because they ran out of royal nameplates! Stupid Isles using it all for draft jerseys <_<

Dang, you're full of help. Thank you!

You're welcome, anytime.

• TMLFAN unpinned and locked this topic