NHL Team Customizers

Has anybody used Pro Knitwear for a Pens jersey yet? I know Cutting Edge also did the current style, but was wondering about PK since they originally did the jersey and I just want a new nameplate made.

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anytime, definitely send it before they get busy with the regular season stuff. I think I'll send my other fishermen to Cutting Edge next summer. Need to make another trip to Stitches this summer because they ran out of royal nameplates! Stupid Isles using it all for draft jerseys <_<

I'm sending the ASG jersey out to Cutting Edge next week. Hopefully it's beating the pre-season rush.

Has anyone ever sent out a 2000/01 ASG jersey for customization? Trying to track down someone that can do a Milan Hejduk '01 for me.

Denver Athletic lettered the on ice jerseys for the game. Get in touch with Julie Fredricksen there and she'll get you all set up. They don't carry red Air Knit material for a nameplate though. You'll have to find some from a member here or find a replica jersey that DA can cut a plate from.

Hope that helps.

Nameplate: not an issue anymore (cheers Joel!). Cutting Edge said they could do it for me, but I'll get a hold of Julie and see how their prices compare.

ValleyParade, sorry if what I said earlier about Cutting Edge doing the customization for the 2000/01 ASG's conflicts with what Burnaby Joe just said. I was going principally by a statement (reproduced below) given by the owner of Cutting Edge regarding jerseys he had lettered. But Burnaby Joe knows his Avs jerseys, and he probably knows something that I don't about this...

beebf79b-abeb-4091-8912-5942e9de35c8_zps

ValleyParade, sorry if what I said earlier about Cutting Edge doing the customization for the 2000/01 ASG's conflicts with what Burnaby Joe just said. I was going principally by a statement (reproduced below) given by the owner of Cutting Edge regarding jerseys he had lettered. But Burnaby Joe knows his Avs jerseys, and he probably knows something that I don't about this...

Interesting twist here. There are still pictures up in Denver Athletic's workshop of the employees wearing the jerseys the players were going to wear during the 2001 all-star game. Let me get in touch with them sometime soon and see if I can't get some clarification on this. Good to know that it sounds like ValleyParade's jersey will be well taken care of either way. That's all that really matters.

The one thing in the letter that I'll definitely check on as well is Cutting Edge working with the Avs. As far as I knew, DA has worked with the Avs exclusively since the team has been in Denver.

As far as DA's work on 2000 and 2001 all-star jerseys, I've had them do many, many for me and they have all been great. They're actually the only all-star years they'll customize since they have the correct fonts, etc. still on file.

I hadn't thought of this until now, but perhaps Gray may have been referring to Cutting Edge doing the team jerseys for the competitions, as opposed to the actual game jerseys?

I hadn't thought of this until now, but perhaps Gray may have been referring to Cutting Edge doing the team jerseys for the competitions, as opposed to the actual game jerseys?

Could be. I thought of this as well. I have a Rob Blake from the 2004 skills competition that's nowhere near what the team wore on the ice.

I mentioned this when I had emailed Julie at Denver Athletic, and she asked for a photo of said letter above.

I think I've changed my mind, and am going with them over Cutting Edge. The quoted price was a few bucks cheaper, and talking to them has been way more informative and friendly than Cutting Edge.

Did Julie actually confirm that DA did the game jerseys in either 2000, 2001 or both?

She hasn't yet, but I would assume if she replies to my last email, it'll be mentioned.

Most likely Liebe Lettering.

Further research confirms you're right. I found March '05 as the earliest reference to Liebe doing it. I wonder when they started screening their inside the hem. I just picked up a Barret Jackman 06-07 set 2 purchased directly from Meigray that does not have the "Lettering by Liebe" screenprint inside.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone work with Ruberti's in WC, PA? They worked with the flyers for the time period that my jersey is from and wanted to know how the service is and ballpark pricing for a player's name/numbers

They're pretty quick (turnaround is around 2 weeks or so). For your jersey they'll charge anywhere from around $75 to 85 with shipping. Maybe you'll get a better deal if you're local. Please see my previous post in "Getting an Order Ready..."

Btw, I suggest you take a look at JohnnyOnTheSpot's Flyers font guide- it's got a lot of great info on the various fonts the Flyers used, and it's extremely helpful in pointing out the things you should be asking for if you want a really accurate customization job.

http://forums.icejerseys.com/index.php?showtopic=4570&hl=%2Bflyers+%2Bfont

Perfect. I did last night. how about stanley cup finals patches? Would the customizing place have them or do I acquire them another way

Customizers generally don't provide patches like that, it's up to you to find them. There are plenty of those available on eBay (avoid cheap reproductions- there's one REALLY bad one there now) or SportsK.com.

Stanley cup finals patches (especially the newer ones) are not hard to find at all. You can't go wrong with sportsk since they sell the official ones

• TMLFAN unpinned and locked this topic