Looking for new style authentic jersey

Xspoilerx

Im kinda new to buying jerseys but im I'm looking for a new style authentic colorado avalanche white paul stastny jersey. All the ones I find are the old style with the vector logo on the back even through shop.nhl.com. I never bought from them before so I don't know how authentic they are I have a couple game worn ahl jerseys and they are nice n heavy and I recently bought a jersey that was support to be authentic from shop.nhl.com it is real nice but the fight strap is kinda cheesy I've seen some at MeiGroup but they are kinda beat up. I would like to wear it

Where is a good place to buy authentic jerseys

Thanks

For what you're looking for, your best bet is probably to go to MeiGray.com, put "avalanche 2011-12 gi" without quotes into the search box and buy one of those. You'd have to strip it but you can get the one ice authentic for $225.

Stastny's gamer is pretty fairly priced at only $600 as well. For the money you paid at shop.nhl.com you're probably half way to the gamer instead of a blank jersey.

http://www.meigray.com/edealinv/servlet/ExecMacro?nurl=control/StoreItem.vm&ctl_nbr=2381&siId=5834212&catLevel=0&scLevel=&thisCatLevel=&oldParentID=&catParentID=4527&scId=4527

If your jersey from NHL.com has a "cheesy" fight strap, then it's almost certainly one of the made-in-Indonesia ones which we call Indo-Edge. It's not what the players wear, but it's what Reebok calls "authentic," and at least as of now, it's the best you can get at retail. The true on-ice jerseys have just started to be retailed this year, and I have counted 10 teams so far which have at least one model Edge 2.0 (on-ice) jersey available for retail. Unfortunately the Avs aren't one of them, and we just have to wait until Reebok decides to make them available for sale. For now, if you want a 2.0, like Brandon said, your best bet is to buy a game-issued jersey from MeiGray, strip it and recustomize it as a Stastny. When Reebok does bring out the Avs 2.0's for retail, they will certainly cost more than $225.

I called meigroup about them yesterday i was thinking about doing a pre order to get the one he is currently wearing. but to replace stuff on the jersey i wouldn't even know where to begin. Ive read on this forum of people who did but i wouldn't trust myself to do that i would have to send it to somebody Thru the shop.nhl the jersey would be about $380. So it would be worth the extra to get a game worn I know i would never buy one of those premier jerseys again

The new jersey i just got says made in canada on the tag but its not as nice as my game worn ahl jerseys its alot lighter and like i said the fight strap is kinda cheesy but all numbers and emblems are fabric

I called meigroup about them yesterday i was thinking about doing a pre order to get the one he is currently wearing. but to replace stuff on the jersey i wouldn't even know where to begin. Ive read on this forum of people who did but i wouldn't trust myself to do that i would have to send it to somebody Thru the shop.nhl the jersey would be about $380. So it would be worth the extra to get a game worn I know i would never buy one of those premier jerseys again The new jersey i just got says made in canada on the tag but its not as nice as my game worn ahl jerseys its alot lighter and like i said the fight strap is kinda cheesy but all numbers and emblems are fabric

What does the hanging tag have on it for model number? My guess is you got one of the older 1.0 (7187) jerseys. That being said there isn't any difference I'm aware of between 1.0 and 2.0 fight straps. The only difference between retail 2.0 and GI/GW 2.0 is that there is an extra re-inforced stich line about 1/3rd the way up from the bottom stitch line

The tag on it says 7187A. This jersey doesn't have the vector logo reebok is spelled out

And that's a pic of the fight strap

That did not come from shop.nhl.com.... that is a fake jersey

I knew something was wrong. If the jersey had a wordmark logo and a fight strap it had to be an Indo-Edge (or a fake). Like Rage said, even a 1.0 would have the same fight strap as a 2.0, except for the twill reinforcement.

I agree with RageATheM, that's from a fake jersey. Even the Indo-Edge jerseys weren't that bad, and they wouldn't be marked "Made in Canada" and have the 7187A model number.

I recently bought a jersey that was support to be authentic from shop.nhl.com

If you really did get it from shop.nhl.com, then you need to demand a refund. Did you buy it from someone who told you they got it from shop.nhl.com or something?

Looking at my other jerseys they are all 7187 two have an H after another has an A and one doesn't even have a number at all it's a reebok jersey but it has a CCM tag inside on the bottom?? But the fight straps in those are more durable looking especially on the two I have from a guy who fought almost every game

Is there someone who can fix up jerseys that are game worn Cause I think I'm gonna do the pre order and hope its not to bad when I get it The one they have now looks like the emblem on the front is pretty stained Or is it better to just leave them alone. Or if I buy a gAme issue and change it to a stastny is there someone that sells the appropriate patches and numbers/letters

I recently bought a jersey that was support to be authentic from shop.nhl.com it is real nice but the fight strap is kinda cheesy

Was support meant to be "supposed" ? Did you buy it from a third party?

Is there someone who can fix up jerseys that are game worn Cause I think I'm gonna do the pre order and hope its not to bad when I get it

You're going to pre-order Stastny's gamer and try to restore it to it's original condition? Please don't do that.

Most collectors of gameworn jerseys wouldn't dare change anything on a GW- they want it just like it was when the player wore it. If you want a clean looking, new jersey it might be better just to buy a retail authentic and have it customized. Denver Athletic should be able to make it look just like the gamers.

Ya it should have said supposed haha. Ok. If I get a game used I won't mess with it which I really want one of those But if I get one that's game issue or a blank where can I get the emblems and numbers to make a stastny and is there someone who does that

Was support meant to be "supposed" ? Did you buy it from a third party?

Yes I bought that jersey on eBay I didn't ask to see pics of the strap now I will I just saw in the pic that it had one just the tags that were on it made me think that it was from shop.nhl the tag said center ice authentic

Ok. I just bought my paul stastny jersey from the MeiGray group today. I bought last years white jersey. And I will not modify it at all. Can't wait to get this one this will be my first official NHL game worn

Thanks for the help guys

Looking at my other jerseys they are all 7187 two have an H after another has an A...

7187A is for jerseys 56 or smaller. 7187H is for 58 or larger.

Both Edge 1.0s and 2.0s will say 7187 on the neck, if you still have the paper tags on the sleeve (not applicable to gamers obviously) the Edge 2.0 will read 7287. Indo-Edges are 7231.

Ok. That's always good stuff to know to spot a fake The four other jerseys I have are older they are from 2007 - 2009 and I know they are real I bought them in the after game auction. And I won one of them in a raffle at the game they are all tagged inside by the club

You made a great buy on the Stastny gamer. You will be the envy of a lot of fans and it was the smartest choice money wise. You went from fake to gamer overnight. I think a lot of us wish we made the transition that fast and skipped over all the mistakes in between. Make sure you post it here when you get it!

I bought one from last years season so i should have it by friday

Good choice, like Brandon said you will be the envy of a lot of other fans/collectors. Statsny is a big name player and you now own his gamer, pretty awesome. Anytime you have a question about a jersey post it here in the "is it good or not" thread. Many of us will help.

Here it is. I got it today. Looks awesome can really tell the difference between the jerseys now

Well I know it was used from February 22 2012 - March 24 2012 so that should narrow it down. there isn't to many identifying marks on it there is a wrinkle in the crest and a small black mark on the front that may be my only hope