Blues Debut New Jerseys

dsl135

http://blues.nhl.com/club/gallery.htm?id=46909&navid=DL|STL|home

Definitely an improvement. Not really "new" exactly, as it looks very close to their previous jerseys before the most recent ones, but they definitely look good.

No piping up the front, for one.

The font of the Captain's letters has a minor change, as well.

But yea, they're definitely different than the previous ones. They just don't look "new" because of the fact that they're basically the design from before Reebok Edge.

Edited by dsl135

Significantly nicer than their previous uniform. Although, it would have been exciting to see something brand new as it's just their older design.

Their third jersey is really nice, so if they are keeping that, it should make for a pretty good set.

Not bad but definitely liked those prototypes a lot better.

What prototypes?

This isn't groundbreaking for me overall because, as everyone knows, it was inspired by the classic pre-Edge design. And I'm glad that the team acknowledges that fact.

Firstly, though, I am extremely happy with this, and it once again shows that not only is Edge capable of sporting classic, traditional designs like this (which means the potential for so many awesome throwback designs!), but the teams are seeing how a lot of the designs brought on by the Edge are a modern mess, and to make up for the mistakes, revert to classic designs, inspired by the team's actual past (Oilers, Islanders, Sabres, Flyers, etc.) or not (Wild , Hurricanes, Lightning), and even alternate throwbacks, in which most cases have eventually become the home/away jerseys, but not all. I hope that this trend continues throughout the NHL, and that the league will be eventually free of gimmicky Edge features, and full of clean hockey jersey designs. But until then, small step by small step, like this one.

Ultimately, I admit my favorite Blues jersey deisgn to be that of the Gretzky era. I love how the red works and the asymmetrical striping.

ape-hull-macinnis-8x10.jpg

But even so, I very much adore the 98-07 and new Blues jerseys. A classic design that should have never been changed. This is what the first Edge jerseys should have looked like for the Blues.

Furthermore, here's a comparison.

3vGurao.gif

Edited by Nas

A massive improvement on the horrible Edge template ones. In terms of the reversion to older designs, there were teams that were able to immediately transition to the Edge and maintain the traditional striping (basically all the Original 6 apart from the Leafs), so this isn't a huge revelation.

For me, the re-introduction of jerseys like the Ducks throwbacks last year give hope that other blighted teams like the Avs could finally have their original (and vastly superior) jerseys back in rotation if they chose.

Edited by RJH Boomshaker

Like 'em a lot. Probably have to get myself a Tarasenko, now.

I don't collect anyone but the Devils, so maybe I don't notice all the details, but had I not seen them next to each other I wouldn't have noticed the changes.

Having seen them together, I like the new version better.

A massive improvement on the horrible Edge template ones. In terms of the reversion to older designs, there were teams that were able to immediately transition to the Edge and maintain the traditional striping (basically all the Original 6 apart from the Leafs), so this isn't a huge revelation.

For me, the re-introduction of jerseys like the Ducks throwbacks last year give hope that other blighted teams like the Avs could finally have their original (and vastly superior) jerseys back in rotation if they chose.

Agreed in every way.

And I just got a 2000's Sakic yesterday and I love it. It's one of my favorite jersey designs in history, and I'd love to see it come back. Similarly, the Dallas "star" jerseys from 97-07 as well.

I think this design will translate better when on ice. It looks fine in the pics, but once they're skating around, I think people will appreciate them more.

The big question is, and maybe it's been answered, are they keeping their awful alternates?

I like the change, but I do have to say the Blues had the only Edge jersey I didn't mind the piping on. To me the yellow piping sort of looked like an arch.

agreed. I don't like piping but it seemed to work for STL

• 4 weeks later...

Been a while since I've posted here, but the True Blues Team Store has received 'authentic' versions of the new jerseys. Unfortunately, they are from Indonesia. It was wishful thinking on my part that they might get some real 2.0s.

In other news, I just scored some of the old team issued 2.0s from these guys: http://www.prostockhockey.com/game-jerseys/