Quebec Nordiques

lafountain

I was looking around on ebay and found this jersey

Nords.jpg

Anyone know if this was an actual design that the Nordiques were going to change to before they moved to Colorado, or is it just something that someone came up with and is selling?

Ebay auction can be found here.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Forsberg-P-LOST-1996-Q...1QQcmdZViewItem

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The logo, 100% definitely, I've seen that logo and cut it out of my Hockey News article when it came out. The jersey probably was the real design, but I never saw the prototype.

Aside from the graphic seen on NHLUniforms.com, this is the only actual photo I have ever seen of those proposed jerseys. They don't show all the details, such as the shoulder logos, though. I'm not sure where NHLUniforms got their information about the shoulder logos, but you can see something on both the blue and white jerseys just peeking out there.

96Nords.png

I'm not sure if these new ebay versions were based on anything other than the NHLUniforms.com representation, but NHLUniforms has a very good reputation for accuracy and attention to detail, but I would assume that the jersey makers also had access to this fairly well known photo and perhaps even others that I haven't seen myself.

So to answer your question, the jersey on ebay is based on the actual jerseys that were supposed to have been worn by the Nordiques had they not moved and personally I have already won an auction for a white one, but I haven't received it just yet.

This was the logo that they would have used, had they come back for the 1995-96 season. Instead, they moved to Denver and became the Avs. Not too sure about the jersey itself.

Holy cow that is fantastic. I never knew there were actual jerseys made up with that logo. Those were planned for 1995-96 but there was a delay so they were all set to release them in 1996-97. But unfortunately, we all know the rest of the story.

Now, down to business. Are you interested in buying that jersey? Because now that I see it, I want one but you obviously saw it first so if you want it then go for it.

This was the logo that they would have used, had they come back for the 1995-96 season. Instead, they moved to Denver and became the Avs. Not too sure about the jersey itself.

It has a Minnesota Timberwolves feel to it...what was society's fascination with teal back in the mid-90's?!

Holy cow that is fantastic. I never knew there were actual jerseys made up with that logo. Those were planned for 1995-96 but there was a delay so they were all set to release them in 1996-97. But unfortunately, we all know the rest of the story.

Now, down to business. Are you interested in buying that jersey? Because now that I see it, I want one but you obviously saw it first so if you want it then go for it.

The seller has a few of them with Forsberg and Sakic, so if we both want one then we will both get one. I was hoping the seller would have one in size 48 but 52 is the smallest they have, so I am not sure if I am going to get one yet.

I think I'm going for the Sakic one size 52. That cool with you?

Be sure to let us know how the quality is when you get yours.

You guys will definitely be the first to know. Curiously, the pictures go out of the way to NOT show both the fight strap or the hemline to see what brand of jersey it will be. Hmmm...

You guys will definitely be the first to know. Curiously, the pictures go out of the way to NOT show both the fight strap or the hemline to see what brand of jersey it will be. Hmmm...

Probably CCM, right?

If they stayed league-accurate, then yes. The Nords jerseys were done by CCM ever since 1984. Before that it was Maska, I believe.

Well this is in the information for some of the jerseys.

A perfect reproduction if you ask me. Classic Ice is the only manufacturer of these cool jerseys.

I suspect that "Classic Ice" is some sort of brand name Pro-Twill has given to their reproduction jersey line.

I just got a Russian "CCCP" early 90's Fedorov from them in the mail today and it was made by Athletic Sewing, as I suspect the Nordiques and other jerseys they offer will be as well.

CCCP.jpg

I much prefer Athletic Sewing's work to Bakka and K1. I'm not an authentic only collector, so you may hold them up to a higher standard than me though. I'd be interested to see if you guys think they are just a replica with a fight strap sewn in, or if you are impressed with the quality. Either way, just where else are you going to get the Legendary Lost Nords Jersey?

Don't get into to big a bid war on ebay for their jerseys either, you can always just buy one at their online store for a fixed price. Most jersey styles run $129.95. Classic Ice jerseys online The Nordiques does list at $159.95, but they do offer size 48 on their web site if it's worth the extra money for you to have the smaller size.

Good luck! That is one awesome jersey. I've seen that logo and that jersey before. I was definitely impressed when I saw that jersey and the logo. Even though I am an Avalanche fan, its too bad we never got the chance to see that jersey on the ice.

As for the teal...just a 90's thing I guess...

I knew someone would buy this after it was brough up at Creamers site, I was just waiting to see the whole thing. Jeff will you post pics when you get yours? Come September, this will be the jersey I have my parents get me for my birthday with Deadmarsh on the back, can't beat that.

• 1 month later...
I knew someone would buy this after it was brough up at Creamers site, I was just waiting to see the whole thing. Jeff will you post pics when you get yours? Come September, this will be the jersey I have my parents get me for my birthday with Deadmarsh on the back, can't beat that.

To follow up on this jersey and this seller, I won an auction for a white Sakic size 52 on June 21st. The auction clearly stated it was a presale and the jerseys would ship on July 10th.

On July 17th he did send me an email stating "We are still waiting for the home Nords to come in........we will keep you posted."

I wrote to him again and got a response on July 25th stating "I am expecting them anyday" and that was the last I heard from him.

I've also noticed he's changed his ebay user name, which can't really be viewed as a bad thing like having your account suspended and re-registering with a new user name, but he has started to rack up the negative feedbacks and even the positive comments are filled with things like "took almost 2 months to ship, but did receive jersey"

Did anyone else ever get anything from him, especially the Nordiques?

Good luck! That is one awesome jersey. I've seen that logo and that jersey before. I was definitely impressed when I saw that jersey and the logo. Even though I am an Avalanche fan, its too bad we never got the chance to see that jersey on the ice.

As for the teal...just a 90's thing I guess...

Great looking logo- I bet it looks sharp in the white- anyone got pictures?

You read my mind. I was thinking about this today and I haven't heard anything from him since the purchase. Not a good sign if you ask me.

You read my mind. I was thinking about this today and I haven't heard anything from him since the purchase. Not a good sign if you ask me.

Well, in a new development, I did get positive feedback from him just today. I'm not sure if that's a sign that the jersey arrived to him from the manufacturer, but I have to hope it is. Still, he's been sitting on my payment for a long time now and could have left it any time since receiving it.

It sure would be nice for the rest of us if he would not list things on ebay until he has them in his posession. I suspect he's going to eventually irritate enough people that ebay suspends him for too many negative feedbacks. We've been down this road before with others exactly like him, if not him, but that's a long story for another time.

Well, in a new development, I did get positive feedback from him just today. I'm not sure if that's a sign that the jersey arrived to him from the manufacturer, but I have to hope it is. Still, he's been sitting on my payment for a long time now and could have left it any time since receiving it.

It sure would be nice for the rest of us if he would not list things on ebay until he has them in his posession. I suspect he's going to eventually irritate enough people that ebay suspends him for too many negative feedbacks. We've been down this road before with others exactly like him, if not him, but that's a long story for another time.

I counted three negatives on the seller in the last month. I don't think ebay would suspend him, yet. I can't find hard and fast rules about that.

• 1 month later...