Flames Team-Issued has wrong name-bar fabric

StayFrosty

Just got this team-issued from Meigray, thought some of you would fine this interesting. It looks like Edge fabric wasn't used for the name-bar. Looks like air-knit to me. I don't believe this is a normal thing, could be wrong though. Personally this comforts me about when customizations go wrong.. it's not such a big deal.

Any way, thought I'd show this before I strip it.

http://s16.postimg.org/r24upyuck/100_5418.jpg

100_5418.jpg

http://s21.postimg.org/vmdah0xgm/100_5419.jpg100_5419.jpg

Edited by StayFrosty

Once stripped, who should I get put on the jersey that was around when the vector-logo was?

I just don't really want it to be Giordano,,,,

For what its worth, I know someone with a 2011-12 Calgary game worn Brodie white, and it looked like air knit material on the name bar. So once upon a time or perhaps even now, they used air-knit because there wasn't any Edge material available to them. I don't even know, they might still use it now. When I got my Calgary jersey customized, I provided them with Edge material I got from Le Jersey Baron on the ebay because I like how the Edge nameplates look better.

And if you are curious it looks like this:

brodie_calgary.jpg

http://s11.postimg.org/3yxjxkxn7/brodie_calgary.jpg

Edited by DiscoStu

Often times the plate doesnt match. From what i have heard now from many customizers is that edge material is both expensive and sometimes scarce to have resupplied by RBK. So as long as the color matches they go with whatever is laying around. For example my Daniel Sedin SCF gamer has a crookedly cut airknit type material used. My best guess is that when the team is that late in the season and still needing jerseys, whatever is handy is what it will get applied to it.

What chow_hound said is true. Keep in mind that team trainers and customizers will never care about this sort of stuff a fraction of how much collectors do. They simply do not have the time.

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure teams with Edge cuts where the name plate doesn't rest on the Edge fabric (Senators, Penguins, Flames) use air knit instead of Edge. The name plate rests on the air knit part of the jersey, so they use air knit so it matches the area the plate is sewn to.

Not my jersey, but here's an example from eBay.

$_57.JPG

I'm not sure what the Senators used on Edge 1.0 jerseys since it wasn't air knit material at the top, but also wasn't Edge material.

Edited by hockeyjerseyssuck

I certainly agree with your point about the use of airknit plates by those teams you listed, but I think it should be mentioned that in none of those cases does the nameplate rest completely on top of airknit jersey material. In the case of the Flames especially, most of the nameplate (around 2/3 of it) is actually stitched over the Edge mesh part of the jersey, with the other 1/3 covering the airknit portion.

I have red and white Hawks gamers from the same season and one is edge and one air knit. Guess it can be quite random.

Edited by HawksFanInDC