Pucks

TBLightningFan

I'm certainly by no means a "collector", but I've acquired a few, most recently a Whalers puck with a tiny backwards R to the right of the W logo. It's pretty beat up and all indications point to it being a game-used from 88-89. At least, according to Official Game Pucks.com

Does anyone else collect pucks? Any favorites? What do you store them in?

(Apologies if this thread is duplicated somewhere else, I couldn't find one.)

I'm certainly by no means a "collector", but I've acquired a few, most recently a Whalers puck with a tiny backwards R to the right of the W logo. It's pretty beat up and all indications point to it being a game-used from 88-89. At least, according to Official Game Pucks.com

Does anyone else collect pucks? Any favorites? What do you store them in?

(Apologies if this thread is duplicated somewhere else, I couldn't find one.)

I have a small collection of autographed pucks, which can be seen in my collection via the link in my signature, other than that though I do have some non-autographed pucks but not many.

• 1 year later...

I am a huge puck collector! I've got quite a few. Strangely enough I caught two at St. Pete Times Forum, a practice puck and an official when I was sitting behind the goal last year.

Also, the container store has puck holders for 1.99 and they're excellent!

• 1 month later...

I used to actively collect NHL logo pucks and have gotten a few of them signed. They are just sitting away in boxes until I get into my own place and have the ability to create a hockey shrine.

I am thinking of getting back into the hobby because it seems quite cheap and liquid, meaning very easy to get in to/out of in case my tastes change I can just unload them all without worrying about what I paid, as I tend to do when buying/selling jerseys.

I've collected autographed pucks a few times....

I go through phases of being big on 8x10 photos, then pucks, 8 x10 photos, then pucks.

My favorite is probably my Offical GameCalgary Flames Martin St.Louis autographed puck that i got signed at Flames Fanfest (aka we need season ticket holders or we fold) back when i was like 14. The two players that were banished to the autograph table were him and Rico Fata....I got both their autographs, last minute decision, who gets to sign the game puck, who signs the fan puck....I'm glad i changed my mind to have St.Louis sign the game puck.

I also have a Derek Morris Flames puck that i got signed before a game that i treasure just because he was sooo nice to me when i met him.

I've got about 6 I think, Phoenix and Winnipeg. Got an old Viceroy era Jets which is my favourite. I just got a perspex box for each one, very simple but does the job.

Pucks are the sorta thing that's easy to display and store, which can't be said of jerseys, so I might look into picking up some more actually.

I like collecting official pucks from the teams I follow. I don't really seek out autographs on them but I think at some point I want to start collecting them more hardcore. I look back at the pucks I had from the mid 80s with the orange decals and the old school logos and definitely want more of them. "Vintage" pucks, ha! :thumbsup:

I've got a small collection of pucks - mainly college pucks from my days working for the UK Hockey team. A couple of AHL pucks. I also try to get a puck from every NHL arena I visit (which sadly isn't many).

I've got a small collection of pucks - mainly college pucks from my days working for the UK Hockey team. A couple of AHL pucks. I also try to get a puck from every NHL arena I visit (which sadly isn't many).

My son (he's 10) is collecting Phoenix pucks, hekeeps them seperate by who he gets them from. His favorite is a game puck given to him by Ilya Bryzgalov, at the Coyotes / Rangers game. He made a sign that said "Bryz I'm your number one fan" in Russian, Bryz read the sign and went and got a puck and brought it over and gave it to him..... He was so stoked......... :check:

While we lived in Phoenix, my wife and I collected pucks of teams that we saw play the Coyotes. I got a Coyotes puck eventually (we usually got one per game). It was a Claude Lemieux player puck with the old Coyote logo on it. A buddy found it in the parking lot of Jobing.com Arena one spring afternoon after the season ended in 2007. He gave it to my wife and I to add to our collection and we still have it to this day.

My most prized ones, however, are two Indianapolis Ice pucks. The first one I got at my first ever hockey game, 1/27/90, when they played the Milwaukee Admirals. It has the old Ice logo on one side and the Blackhawks logo on the other. My dad bought me that one. Then the second one was a handout we got when we went to see the Ice play the Flint Spirits on 3/9/90. This one had the Ice logo on one side and the game and event night on the other.

• 1 month later...

Ive been collecting for a few years now. I used to just go to signings held in the NY/Nj area, but starting last year I started waiting outside the Garden and have made out pretty well. I have about 35-40 Ranger signed pucks..About 2-3 Devils pucks. Also have gotten Bobby Nystrom, Ovechkin and last week got Gordie Howe in Seacacus, NJ

I have yet to get any game used ones. Brandon Dubinsky always throws about 3-4 pucks to the same part of the crowd during the pregame skate and Ive come close numerous times but still no luck...

Last year about 2-3 weeks after the Rangers were eliminated I was walking around the city a few blocks away from MSG and there was a group of about 25 girls in the 10-14 years old age range and all of them were lugging around broken hockey sticks with about 3 pucks attatched to each of the sticks. These girls did not really strike me as the hockey "type". I decided to ask one of them what the deal was with all the hockey gear. Turns out they were on a field trip and took a tour of MSG. At the end of the tour they were all allowed to take as much stuff as they wanted from what was being thrown out by the Rangers. They seem so disinterested in the stuff and it almost seemed like a hassle for them to carry it all. I didnt want to go and ask if I could take it off there hands and get turned down..But I was just kind of hoping one of them could see how impressed I was and give me something..LOL..no such luck though

• 10 months later...

old topic is old, but.....

when I get pucks autographed, I personally like the standard issue black puck with no team logo on it. I did it that way because I had nothing else for Derek Boogaard to sign the first time I met him, and decided to keep my collection of Wild players past and present to the plain black pucks.

I have a bunch of other cool Wild pucks though with various pictures on them, Koivu drafting, PMB Spin-o-rama goal, Wild logos, playoff series, etc. The Hockey Lodge will sometimes have a bin of clearance pucks with all sorts of random things in it that is fun to pick through.

I have a number of Auto pucks. Most are Blue Jackets players, I have a couple from Nash and I have a leafs puck signed buy Johnny Bower.

I also have a Blue Jackets game puck from their first year that the guy I got it off of claimed to have caught during their first every game. But I have no way to prove that it was really a game used puck.

My best puck is one that was used in the 2nd period of the 2004 All Star game that I got from Meigray.

Other cool non jersey game used items I have are a piece of netting that Rick Nash Scored his 100 goal in and game used glass and goal netting used at Nationwide Arena in 2007-2008.

I have a lot of Islanders autographed pucks (the autograph style).

Also, my uncle had season tickets from 1998-2007/08, first row on the blue line, next to the Isles penalty box (where the game pucks were kept). So, I would normally get a game used puck every three-four games. I gave a lot of them away, but I still have about 15-20 game used pucks. My favorite linesman was Ray Scapinello because he would always give me a puck and would come over and say hi lol.

I have a lot of Islanders autographed pucks (the autograph style).

Also, my uncle had season tickets from 1998-2007/08, first row on the blue line, next to the Isles penalty box (where the game pucks were kept). So, I would normally get a game used puck every three-four games. I gave a lot of them away, but I still have about 15-20 game used pucks. My favorite linesman was Ray Scapinello because he would always give me a puck and would come over and say hi lol.

Everytime you tell us a story involving about your uncle and the Islanders it is always interesting.

Everytime you tell us a story involving about your uncle and the Islanders it is always interesting.

Thanks! It means a lot. He was the one that got me involved in hockey. He also gave me my first hockey jersey (even though it is a jersey foul :unsure: ). It is a shame that he no longer goes to games...he moved and I rarely see him.

• 6 months later...

I have a handful of pucks that I've picked up. Just recently snagged 2 Stars Stanley Cup champs pucks off eBay. Everything I have is Stars related. Most autographed and the others are waiting on autographs. Working on getting the full set of playoff commemorative pucks from 99. Collecting pucks is awesome.

I just today found a Coyotes puck autographed by Keith Tkachuk that I got from a vendor of fixtures and display materials at a trade show in SF about ten years back. Only one I have!

• 3 weeks later...