EBay

Brilliant!

Heh...I noticed that too but that jersey's just too nice to bicker about something like that!

Agreed, its a very nice style they had during that time. That's the thing that sucks about the new Reebok authentics IMO, of all the ones I've seen. The material all looks the same. The nice thing about those Avalanche jerseys, is the light can determine how dark the colors looked. The newer ones these days don't have that quality.

74ad_1_b.JPG

Get a load of this Spezza jersey. It looks to me as if that's a 3 on one sleeve and the nameplate isn't centered.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

95/96 Avs jerseys had the Starter patches:

Avalanche1.gif

Oh boy look at that...I coulda sworn 96-97 was the first year that Starter made NHL authentics. But I do notice that the hem patch is totally different on the 96 version. I've never seen that version before actually.

That Spezza jersey is absolutely embarrassing. It looks like the nameplate is centered but the numbers look waaaay off. What a shame.

Oh boy look at that...I coulda sworn 96-97 was the first year that Starter made NHL authentics. But I do notice that the hem patch is totally different on the 96 version. I've never seen that version before actually.

That Spezza jersey is absolutely embarrassing. It looks like the nameplate is centered but the numbers look waaaay off. What a shame.

Yeah, mine is the 95-96 season jersey. That was the only year the starter emblem appeared in the rectangle patch. The jersey shown above is after that season, when several other teams went to Starter as a manufacturer. IIRC, I think the full wording of starter appeared in either 97-98 or 98-99, can't remember offhand.

The price of the Spezza jersey made it worse...they were asking $206 US. Supposedly its signed. I still think that's a three on the left sleeve, but I'm not sure if its just a trick of the picture or what that is.

I know the Rangers had 'Starter' on their hem in 97-98 and 98-99...not sure about other teams but I know for a fact that was the way the Rangers had it.

Upon further review, according to NHLuniforms.com, the only teams to use the 'Starter' logo were the following:

Boston(road)

Carolina(road)

Colorado(road)

Florida(road)

Los Angeles(road)

Montreal(road)

N.Y. Rangers(road)

Phoenix(road)

St. Louis(road)

I noticed that only the road jerseys had the full logo on them; not even the dark thirds. I also noticed that the Predators used Bauer jerseys their first year in the league. That'd be a sweet find.

Bauer jerseys are pretty nice. I own two of their authentic IHL jerseys of the Indianapolis Ice and they are very comfortable and roomy (which is the way I like them). My game worn Mike Vukonich jersey is a 56 and my blank authentic is a 52. The material is a nice quality too. I was hoping Bauer would make more of a presence in the NHL jerseywise after I heard they made Nashville's inaugural jerseys.

• 1 month later...
This is just sad. Somebody killed this beautiful jersey by adding the inaccurate lettering to the back. Boy, stuff like this really burns me.

I had seen this one on ebay too, it is never a good thing when a nice jersey has the wrong fonts, but it is really bad when it is a jersey that many collectors really want to have.

I had seen this one on ebay too, it is never a good thing when a nice jersey has the wrong fonts, but it is really bad when it is a jersey that many collectors really want to have.

Well, it's just the letters that have the wrong font. It seems like the letters are directly sewn onto the jersey. They can be removed and replaced by a name with the correct fonts on a nameplate very easily.

After old Minnesota North Stars jerseys, Canucks Pavel Bure jerseys have got to be by far the most often screwed up, poorly customized jerseys on the market. Over and over and over I see numbers that are way too thick, wrong fonts for the names and then just horrid things like one color numbers ALL THE TIME. It's maddening.

Still, nothing harder to find than a properly done CCM Vintage North Stars. One in 200 are anything near close.

It wouldn't bother me so much if it was a replica, but that's a really nice authentic jersey; albeit a small one. It's frustrating seeing something of that quality and then seeing that the person didn't take the necessary steps to KEEP it authentic looking.

• 3 weeks later...

It's amazing what people try to pull. This is a supposedly authentic jersey from the guy who failed to send Shandy Man his Avalanche jersey that he won on ebay. An Authentic jersey with a starting bid of $9.99, I find that extremely hard to believe that any reputable seller would sell Authentics that cheaply.

http://cgi.ebay.com/REEBOK-AUTHENTIC-ATLAN...1QQcmdZViewItem

It's amazing what people try to pull. This is a supposedly authentic jersey from the guy who failed to send Shandy Man his Avalanche jersey that he won on ebay. An Authentic jersey with a starting bid of $9.99, I find that extremely hard to believe that any reputable seller would sell Authentics that cheaply.

I've dealt with that particular seller before... All of his jerseys claim to be authentic. That's where I got my Forsberg.

I bought Authentic jerseys from this seller too, and also recieved the items I won. That Authentic Thrashers jersey is pretty interesting

So Zoom and JustAnotha, how was the quality of the jerseys you bought? I just have a hard time believing that an authentic could be sold so cheaply considering the actual retail value of them.

So Zoom and JustAnotha, how was the quality of the jerseys you bought? I just have a hard time believing that an authentic could be sold so cheaply considering the actual retail value of them.

I just don't think you can take ebay at face value. I have had lots of success with all the auctions I have won but I never go after "true to life" type items like auth jerseys or autographs etc.

Well, I got the quality that I expected. It's very easy to tell Authentics from Replicas on his pics. If you ain't sure on what you're bidding from this seller, just take a closer look at the pics.

The quality seemed okay, there was a stain on it that came off in the washer. I did notice that the grey and blue stripes under the burgundy seemed like one was smaller than the other. I feel like the Forsberg 21 looks a little funny on the back.

aebischer-avs-wh.JPG

I don't have any pictures uploaded of it at the moment, so this one is pretty close to it in style of personalization.

The personalization is about like the Aebischer one here. Something feels weird to me about it when I look at it, like the nameplate is a little smaller than it should be, but it may be my eyes playing tricks on me. From what I've seen on the preview sites of personalized Avalanche jerseys the names and numbers look better proportioned.

They did try to pass it off as an authentic, of course I knew better (who'd honestly sell one for $9.99???), but wanted a personalized Avs jersey anyway and got it. I think ultimately I ended up paying $70-75 for it. My wife and I did feel like someone was running up the price however, it kept jumping up pretty quickly.

The quality seemed okay, there was a stain on it that came off in the washer. I did notice that the grey and blue stripes under the burgundy seemed like one was smaller than the other. I feel like the Forsberg 21 looks a little funny on the back.

aebischer-avs-wh.JPG

I don't have any pictures uploaded of it at the moment, so this one is pretty close to it in style of personalization.

The personalization is about like the Aebischer one here. Something feels weird to me about it when I look at it, like the nameplate is a little smaller than it should be, but it may be my eyes playing tricks on me. From what I've seen on the preview sites of personalized Avalanche jerseys the names and numbers look better proportioned.

They did try to pass it off as an authentic, of course I knew better (who'd honestly sell one for $9.99???), but wanted a personalized Avs jersey anyway and got it. I think ultimately I ended up paying $70-75 for it. My wife and I did feel like someone was running up the price however, it kept jumping up pretty quickly.

Yeah, the nameplate definitely looks too small. But what about the CCM tag at the top? I don't recall the Avs having an all red-colored tag. It looks suspicious to me.

Besides the steep shipping charges, I've yet to have a problem with mootown or any of the other sellers that seem to have the exact same stock and pictures (highnoonsports, raindrop7, and i think there is one more). The thing you will find with their replica jerseys with names, is that they aren't sewn on, they zigzag stitch each letter or number and even the edge of the name plate, but none of them are actually sewn to the jersey. I have quite a few personalized jerseys and their stock of jerseys are much stiffer (in the back due to the numbers) because of the adhesive they use instead of ironing and sewing directly to the jersey. (I did pick up a new Sabres jersey from the official Reebok store and the numbers weren't fake sewn, but just heat pressed as well. Is this how Reebok and NHL.com are selling replicas now? They both have the close stiffness from the way the numbers are applied) With that said, some of my favorite jerseys have come from those guys, and usually, you can't beat the price. I picked up an Avs alt Tanguay for $21 and the home version for $13 or so.

Besides the steep shipping charges, I've yet to have a problem with mootown or any of the other sellers that seem to have the exact same stock and pictures (highnoonsports, raindrop7, and i think there is one more). The thing you will find with their replica jerseys with names, is that they aren't sewn on, they zigzag stitch each letter or number and even the edge of the name plate, but none of them are actually sewn to the jersey. I have quite a few personalized jerseys and their stock of jerseys are much stiffer (in the back due to the numbers) because of the adhesive they use instead of ironing and sewing directly to the jersey. (I did pick up a new Sabres jersey from the official Reebok store and the numbers weren't fake sewn, but just heat pressed as well. Is this how Reebok and NHL.com are selling replicas now? They both have the close stiffness from the way the numbers are applied) With that said, some of my favorite jerseys have come from those guys, and usually, you can't beat the price. I picked up an Avs alt Tanguay for $21 and the home version for $13 or so.

In case you didn't know previously, a replica jersey actually has nothing stitched on. The crest, numbers, and nameplate all have the "zig-zag" stitch pattern, but they're all glued on with an adhesive and a heat press. All replicas are like that. Only the authentics have everything stitched into the jersey.