EBay

Brilliant!

OK, so it's not a jersey but proof that some E-bayers get a little caught up in the heat of bidding!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260736704910&nma=true&rt=nc&si=ndpFDlzxpVga053xfkj0qgedngw%253D

Wonder if this is the same guy bidding on the Huet jersey???

It's not unusual to see gift cards go for a little bit over its value. With eBay Bucks plus more cashback from other rebate sites, you can get back as much as 5% total for most eBay purchases. So the buyer paid $501 for a $500 gift card, but will probably get back as much as $25 in a few months. There is a method to the madness.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shall we place any bets on the over / under?

I'll take the over and start the wager by putting up a Mario Lemieux old school Yellow knock off jersey I got suckered on.

Shall we place any bets on the over / under?

I'll take the over and start the wager by putting up a Mario Lemieux old school Yellow knock off jersey I got suckered on.

I'll wager that the auction is ended early and the jersey sold off Ebay.

For any of you that are looking to get your 1980 Sabres or Islanders sweater done right. There are 4 of these up right now for $11 BIN.

http://cgi.ebay.com/XIII-OLYMPIC-WINTER-GAMES-LAKE-PLACID-1980-PATCH-/130488327479?pt=US_Olympics_Fan_Shop&hash=item1e61b5dd37

Edit: I just bought 2

Didn't the game-worn ones have a black border though?

Yes they did (in my excitement to share with my buddies I forgot to mention that part), but from searching for over a year and begging M&N to sell me one it just seems like you cannot get those. I'm not even sure if the official ones were available to anyone but the team. These are the closest I have ever seen to the ones that were worn. I picked up 2 as I am going to try to dye/ sharpie the black boarder on.

Anyone tried this?

nogoal you beat me to it.

To the explanation or the patch? There is still one up on there BIN and I am winning the bid on the non BIN one. I emailed the seller to ask if he would set a BIN price so he posted 3 more instead of changing the one I was bidding on. So I am stuck, I requested he cancel my bid so hopefully that one will be turned into a BIN too.

To the explanation or the patch? There is still one up on there BIN and I am winning the bid on the non BIN one. I emailed the seller to ask if he would set a BIN price so he posted 3 more instead of changing the one I was bidding on. So I am stuck, I requested he cancel my bid so hopefully that one will be turned into a BIN too.

The explanation. I even posted a picture.

Oooh, be careful with the magic markers, dude. Those things tend to bleed fairly profusely when applied. I'd hate to see you end up staining the inside of the patch. Maybe you could try restitching the outer edge with black thread? That could work.

Oooh, be careful with the magic markers, dude. Those things tend to bleed fairly profusely when applied. I'd hate to see you end up staining the inside of the patch. Maybe you could try restitching the outer edge with black thread? That could work.

That's what I would suggest. Use a very narrow zig zag stitch so it looks like it has a black border. The Northstars used to do this on their customizations where the second layer was only a narrow stitch line so look up pictures of properly customized green/white Northstars jerseys to see what it looks like.

I've had this done with great results...you just need to find a seamstress who can do a very "tight" zig-zag stitch. Mike is right about the marker, don't even bother trying that unless you want to buy another patch!

Yes they did (in my excitement to share with my buddies I forgot to mention that part), but from searching for over a year and begging M&N to sell me one it just seems like you cannot get those. I'm not even sure if the official ones were available to anyone but the team. These are the closest I have ever seen to the ones that were worn. I picked up 2 as I am going to try to dye/ sharpie the black boarder on.

Anyone tried this?

Maybe this sounds dumb...but here goes...How about using BLACK thread and a heavier stitching when sewing the patch on? :unsure: If It doesn't seem to be working you can always just take out the stitching after a little bit.

I generally do the stitch work on the patches myself. I know what setting you guys are referring to I've just never used it for this purpose. Also I may have access to an embroidery machine so I'm thinking that may be another option to do a real tight uniform stitch over the white part then just stitch that down.