EBay

Brilliant!

I didn't know that about the numbers. I'm aware of the patches being heat pressed for years, but other than my recent purchase from the RBK store, all my replica jerseys with names (that I didn't pick up from mootown, etc) come from other places than nhl.com due to lower prices, and everyone I have received has had the name and numbers sewn on, so I had yet to deal with a current replica jersey. When did this change? My dad got me a Mike Modano Stars Alt the year they came out from nhl.com and it came with the name and number sewn on.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've actually bought from that mootown before and didn't even know it. I got my authentic Stars 3rd jersey from him and I have no complaints whatsoever. It's a genuine authentic jersey which is exactly what it was claimed as. Like stated earlier, you can definitely tell whether or not it's a fake or not. If you can't tell ask the seller questions that you'd know and/or for more pictures. I do that all the time and I weed out A LOT of false claims as a result.

Keeping with the whole 'are you serious?' topic, check this beauty out:

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-York-Rangers-1966-...1QQcmdZViewItem

That's pretty funny. I guess the price reflects the product here huh?

Keeping with the whole 'are you serious?' topic, check this beauty out:

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-York-Rangers-1966-...1QQcmdZViewItem

That's pretty funny. I guess the price reflects the product here huh?

Ummmm, uhhhh, wow? That is pretty bad.

Heh...that's what I said. It's almost like he's not even trying.

On the opposite end of the spectrum, I filled a MAJOR want gap today. I found an authentic 2003-04 Rangers vintage 3rd jersey with Messier on the back. I'm quite happy about it too.

Ummmm, uhhhh, wow? That is pretty bad.

What's wrong with that jersey? Looks like regular replica to me.

@benpc21

highnoonsports, raindrop7 and mootown seems to be same person. Some buyers in Germany found out about that.

What's wrong with that jersey? Looks like regular replica to me.

@benpc21

highnoonsports, raindrop7 and mootown seems to be same person. Some buyers in Germany found out about that.

Well the auction lists it as a 66/67 Replica by CCM.

Rangers2.gif

This picture is from nhluniforms, and it shows Rangers down the chest as opposed to the auction that shows New York. That and the lettering just looks very off to me.

Well, it's a replica from the 1990's

It is advertised as a 66/67 replica on the auction.

• 2 weeks later...
Adding to the list of things that are all wrong on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/CCM-Atlanta-Thrashers-...1QQcmdZViewItem

Uhhh...points for creativity? An old Atlanta Flames patch as the Alt. Captain, and a Slovakian flag along the sleeve? I'm sorta at a loss for words...

Edit: Is it just me, or is there something wrong with the sleeves, other than that patch?

I saw that bad boy yesterday and thought the same things. How? Why? What the? but at the same time gave them a few style points for the A and the patch. I would by no means buy that or one like it, but its a good shot none the less. It would have been cool for the Thrashers to use that A for the alternates if the Flames didnt already do that. Speaking of which, I miss the days of the captain having the flaming C on his jersey too. I thoguht it odd the same logo was used twice, but it ties in nicely with A that is used.

Uhhh...points for creativity? An old Atlanta Flames patch as the Alt. Captain, and a Slovakian flag along the sleeve? I'm sorta at a loss for words...

Edit: Is it just me, or is there something wrong with the sleeves, other than that patch?

The sleeves do look kind of puffed up, but I think it is just how the jersey is positioned.

Pity the poor jamoke that spends $70 on that. There is so much wrong with that listing and that jersey, it's comical.

HA! That's my new favorite word now!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Authentic-Peter-Forsbe...1QQcmdZViewItem

Authentic? The name font looks a little weird to me. I'm not planning on buying it but I'm curious because you don't see those old '96 Starters around very often.

Authentic? The name font looks a little weird to me. I'm not planning on buying it but I'm curious because you don't see those old '96 Starters around very often.

That font does look a little off.

1995-95 was the only year they used that style of tag on the back hem. The Avs were the only team Starter had for authentics that year. When they added more teams, they changed their tags to the embriodered logo, and later on the word mark. If I remember, these jeresys were cut a little smaller than CCM and smaller than what Starter offered later on. I have quite a few Starter authentics, and I really like the look and feel of their products.

Yeah I know all about the Starter authentic logo. I have six myself actually. The only thing that makes me question the authenticity of that particular jersey is the Forsberg font. It doesn't look tall enough.

Yeah I know all about the Starter authentic logo. I have six myself actually. The only thing that makes me question the authenticity of that particular jersey is the Forsberg font. It doesn't look tall enough.

The jersey itself is authentic, the customization isn't great.

Wow, you have six 95-96 Avs jerseys? That's great!

No no no no...I have six Starter authentics overall. Four Rangers(2 alt, 1 blue, 1 white), a Panthers red and a Hurricanes red.

No no no no...I have six Starter authentics overall. Four Rangers(2 alt, 1 blue, 1 white), a Panthers red and a Hurricanes red.

Sorry, I misunderstood. Still, that's pretty cool. I have 23 Starter authentics.