EBay

Brilliant!

man....I haven't been making any big purchases as of late but I noticed this auction about 2 weeks ago.....the seller had a BIN at around 250 but after the first week he decided to relist it at a starting price of 99. well I managed to check ebay to see if it's still there and with 3 hours left I decided to treat myself to it since I missed out on his stick a few months ago...I can recall seeing it a long time ago on the web and always wondered what happened to it but now it's going to be in my hands :D :D

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...N:IT&ih=006

rad2C7A3237.JPG

Nice addition to your collection there Shandy.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Woo-hoo! I just found one of the rarest jerseys of the last ten years! A white Predators authentic from 1998-99. Why is that special you say? Becuase it's the only jersey that Bauer ever supplied to the NHL. I can't wait to get it!

Woo-hoo! I just found one of the rarest jerseys of the last ten years! A white Predators authentic from 1998-99. Why is that special you say? Becuase it's the only jersey that Bauer ever supplied to the NHL. I can't wait to get it!

I have a blue one. Yes, that was the only Bauer-branded NHL jersey. There is one other thing special about these jerseys. On the shoulder patches, there is the year "98" in the patch near the tower.

I have a blue one. Yes, that was the only Bauer-branded NHL jersey. There is one other thing special about these jerseys. On the shoulder patches, there is the year "98" in the patch near the tower.

... AND the front crest was made a little different. they filled the white parts of the logo with something to give a 3D-effect. Just like the Mighty Ducks logos.

... AND the front crest was made a little different. they filled the white parts of the logo with something to give a 3D-effect. Just like the Mighty Ducks logos.

True. If you look at my avatar you'll see my 95-96 LA Ice Dogs authentic. It is a Bauer. The crest is padded on that one, and also the SF Spiders authentic is the same way. Though not all the Bauer authentics are that way, i.e. Cleveland Lumberjacks, of which I have several. My point was that the 98 on the shoulder patches were only on that year jersey. Visually, that, along with the Bauer TM, sets this jersey apart.

Got it today and you're both right on all points:

edatorscirca1998Bauerauthentic-vi.jpg

Very nice. The only thing I don't like about the white Preds jersey is the background (triangle) of the head. On the CCM/RBK ones it make the crest pretty stiff and triangle makes the whole thing pretty wide. I don't know if it´s the same with the Bauer jersey. But I think they should have used a navy blue outline instead of the triangle.

Are you planning to have it customised?

Nice Haul.

It reminds me of the old satin-type stuff that San Jose used to use back in the late 90's. It's got that smooth touch to it. I love this jersey...and yes I'm wearing it right now!

man....I haven't been making any big purchases as of late but I noticed this auction about 2 weeks ago.....the seller had a BIN at around 250 but after the first week he decided to relist it at a starting price of 99. well I managed to check ebay to see if it's still there and with 3 hours left I decided to treat myself to it since I missed out on his stick a few months ago...I can recall seeing it a long time ago on the web and always wondered what happened to it but now it's going to be in my hands :D :D

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...N:IT&ih=006

rad2C7A3237.JPG

pardon me for asking, but just what do you do with game-worn gloves? I imagine they don't smell too pleasantly. :closedeyes:

• 2 weeks later...
It reminds me of the old satin-type stuff that San Jose used to use back in the late 90's. It's got that smooth touch to it. I love this jersey...and yes I'm wearing it right now!

That's right. Also the Mighty Ducks had that material on their '98 3rd and 4th jersey.

The Washington Capitals used that satin for the lettering on the black jersey. I'm still looking for that material. Does IceJerseys use that satin for lettering? I want to re-customise my black Caps jersey

I'm really wanting to see one in person, I may have to go to Westgate this week and check out the new Doggies jerseys.

You should have went to the game last night and checked out the Avs jerseys in person. You may have actually liked them.

Thanks to my car, I wasn't able to this time around. I am itching to go though. The logo and colors are still the same, but the old design was one I wanted to see go classic. I remember reading when they first came out in one of the sports mags that they looked garish, but nowhere near as garish as the new ones do to me. It'll just take me some getting used to.

When are you planning to hit the next game?

I thought the Avs jerseys were somewhat subdued. They're not an improvement over what they've been wearing the last 11 years, but I find them acceptable. The next game I'm going to is the home opener on 10/4. I have the other two preseason games for sale (worknights). The white Coyote jerseys were so sweet, that when I see the red jerseys on the ice again, I'll think that they are really lame.

I'm gonna really miss the ones they've worn. Not for the fact I own 6 of them, but for the fact that they had grown on me enough to a point to think they were just commonplace.

Right now, I'm gonna try to hit the November 3rd game vs. the Ducks and definitely the Avs games on New Year's Eve and I'm not sure when the other is.

I'm gonna really miss the ones they've worn. Not for the fact I own 6 of them, but for the fact that they had grown on me enough to a point to think they were just commonplace.

Right now, I'm gonna try to hit the November 3rd game vs. the Ducks and definitely the Avs games on New Year's Eve and I'm not sure when the other is.

Those are two of the many games that I have for sale.