EBay

Brilliant!

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was looking at this one on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...A:IT&ih=008 and was interested in it. The issue is to me it looks like the name is sewn directly to the jersey and not on a nameplate. What do some of you think about this one?

Actually Rangers jerseys always have the name sewn directly on. Them, the Red Wings and maybe one more team does it for sure. That baby looks genuine and looks to be from Gerry Cosby's too.

Actually Rangers jerseys always have the name sewn directly on. Them, the Red Wings and maybe one more team does it for sure. That baby looks genuine and looks to be from Gerry Cosby's too.

That's absolutely right. I can even recognize the Gerry Cosby tag in the jersey.

The Kings don't use any nameplate and some sets of the Coyotes are also customised without nameplates.

• 2 weeks later...

This caught my eye today:

http://cgi.ebay.com/1979-80-Quebec-Nordiqu...1QQcmdZViewItem

First thought was WOW!(because that logo with the white igloo was only used for one year) but then I saw that the numbers and fleurs are screened on and my wow turned to D-oh. Would an NHL team ever use screened on jerseys; even back in 1979? Obviously this is just WAY too much money but my interest has been piqued now.

This caught my eye today:

http://cgi.ebay.com/1979-80-Quebec-Nordiqu...1QQcmdZViewItem

First thought was WOW!(because that logo with the white igloo was only used for one year) but then I saw that the numbers and fleurs are screened on and my wow turned to D-oh. Would an NHL team ever use screened on jerseys; even back in 1979? Obviously this is just WAY too much money but my interest has been piqued now.

The Penguins had everything screened on in the mid 80's

Is that right? I had no idea that teams did that back then. I always just assumed that everything was sewn on. So I guess that IS a real jersey then.

Is that right? I had no idea that teams did that back then. I always just assumed that everything was sewn on. So I guess that IS a real jersey then.

I think the Nordiques even had screened on lettering during Sakic's rookie year, but I can't give it a 100%

I think the Nordiques even had screened on lettering during Sakic's rookie year, but I can't give it a 100%

I think you may be right. On an old card I have of Joe Sakic, you can see where the previous numbers have been and on another card you can see how they took the "C" off the previous jersey. It still has an outline around where the C was. I'll have to dig up that card.

Anyone want an Authentic All-Star jersey of a player who wasn't on the team?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Kovalchuk-2002-ALL-STA...1QQcmdZViewItem

Should we put this under the category of wishful thinking?

Of course, I am a little bit guilty of this myself. I recently sent a Team Canada jersey into IJ for customization for Crosby even though he hasn't appeared for them on a professional level. I decided not to get a captain's patch as that might jinx things but I was more than happy to have him on a CA jersey.

Would you guys ever put someone prospectively or retrospectively on a jersey? Say a Budjai on a Nordiques jersey (retro) or Turris on a Desert Dogs jersey (prospective)?

Should we put this under the category of wishful thinking?

Of course, I am a little bit guilty of this myself. I recently sent a Team Canada jersey into IJ for customization for Crosby even though he hasn't appeared for them on a professional level. I decided not to get a captain's patch as that might jinx things but I was more than happy to have him on a CA jersey.

Would you guys ever put someone prospectively or retrospectively on a jersey? Say a Budjai on a Nordiques jersey (retro) or Turris on a Desert Dogs jersey (prospective)?

Sid played in the 2006 World Championship in Latvia for Team Canada, they finished 4th, and wore Nike Swifts.

If the Avs were using Nordiques throwbacks at any point in time, then I'd probably consider it. As for Turris, are you talking on the prior Coyote jersey?

It would have to be some pretty unusual circumstances, but I'd never say never. I did once buy a Mario Lemieux 1996 World Cup flowing flag style Canada jersey off of ebay using 'buy it now' only to discover that Mario was out of action at that time and never played in that jersey style.

There are some cases where I'd consider a new player on an old jersey, I've seen some classic Penguins styles with Lemieux and Crosby on them that aren't horrible, but I'd be really patient with putting a new player on a new jersey. Case in point, Minnesota Wild can't miss prospect Patrick O'Sullivan tore up the AHL and got traded before he ever wore a Wild jersey. If anyone jumped the gun on that one, they'd regret it.

Case in point, Minnesota Wild can't miss prospect Patrick O'Sullivan tore up the AHL and got traded before he ever wore a Wild jersey. If anyone jumped the gun on that one, they'd regret it.

Well that would be the risk for sure. Jerseys are so expensive that its tough to jump off that ledge and put someone prospectively on a jersey.

Regarding Turris, I guess I meant any of the jerseys (past or present) as he is cooling his jets with Wisconsin right now. Of course, you could run into problems both with numbers and the Jack Johnson situation if the team gets fed up and trades his rights.

Well that would be the risk for sure. Jerseys are so expensive that its tough to jump off that ledge and put someone prospectively on a jersey.

Regarding Turris, I guess I meant any of the jerseys (past or present) as he is cooling his jets with Wisconsin right now. Of course, you could run into problems both with numbers and the Jack Johnson situation if the team gets fed up and trades his rights.

I know a guy who does customizing and he's always so quick to jump on players who get traded late in the season at the deadline. If someone doesn't buy those jerseys in the first week, he's often completely screwed.

Anyone need a Theo Fleury Colorado Avs jersey? :rolleyes:

I know a guy who does customizing and he's always so quick to jump on players who get traded late in the season at the deadline. If someone doesn't buy those jerseys in the first week, he's often completely screwed.

Anyone need a Theo Fleury Colorado Avs jersey? :rolleyes:

You could put the CHS patch on there and that'd look good. They didn't have a bad team that year, IIRC, losing to the Dallas Stars in the Conference Finals.

Oh my. That IS so very nice. CCM too. The last couple of authentics I've seen up there were Starters. That'll probably end up going for about $300 if not more.

EDIT: I got a kick out of this here.

THERE IS A VELCRO AND SNAP HANGING STRAP (I DO NOT KNOW WHAT THIS IS FOR BUT I INCLUDED PICTURE OF IT).

Heh...don't sell many jerseys do ya, dude?

Oh my. That IS so very nice. CCM too. The last couple of authentics I've seen up there were Starters. That'll probably end up going for about $300 if not more.

EDIT: I got a kick out of this here.

THERE IS A VELCRO AND SNAP HANGING STRAP (I DO NOT KNOW WHAT THIS IS FOR BUT I INCLUDED PICTURE OF IT).

Heh...don't sell many jerseys do ya, dude?

Yeah, I laughed at that comment as well.