EBay

Brilliant!

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the remains of the stapled in customization label in the neck tagging picture, I'd put reasonable money RCS did the work on that. My old Swift (from the same year) had that same thing, with the stitching going through it.

It's definitely a RCS job. The stapled customization label and the actual team issued jerseys would have had a nameplate.

It's definitely a RCS job. The stapled customization label and the actual team issued jerseys would have had a nameplate.

Definitely not a game issue, it is an authentic jersey but the customization was done retail because a lack of nameplate material.

I'm actually looking for one of these authentics in a size 54 or 56. This is the style they used in the 2008 WC.

I'm actually looking for one of these authentics in a size 54 or 56. This is the style they used in the 2008 WC.

The Ebay one is a 2006 Torino Olympics jersey, the shoulder patches had changed by 2008 to the current style:

2006 Olympics

2008 World Champs

Jersey was the same otherwise though (I think).

The Nords jersey is definitely a fake. The fight strap gives it away. But the Jets one I think is good. That's Truman from gamedaysportsarchives. I haven't known them to sell bootleg stuff so you're probably okay on that one. The only thing is they have an ultrafil nameplate when it should be twill. That's just trivial though since the jersey is so nice.

The Domi should be legit.

The Sakic is a griffenfood.

The Domi should be legit.

The Sakic is a griffenfood.

Domi is Truman, so it is legit.

Sakic is griffenfood. Griffenfood=My-Ice=Fakes, the God of Fake (Griffenfood was the very first to introduce the Vintage Fake Collection Line)

The Nords jersey is definitely a fake. The fight strap gives it away. But the Jets one I think is good. That's Truman from gamedaysportsarchives. I haven't known them to sell bootleg stuff so you're probably okay on that one. The only thing is they have an ultrafil nameplate when it should be twill. That's just trivial though since the jersey is so nice.

The Jets used twill nameplates? Didn't know that. Did they use twill throughout their existence in the NHL?

The Jets used twill nameplates? Didn't know that. Did they use twill throughout their existence in the NHL?

Didn't know that either. Even though twill is correct I hate the look of it as a nameplate and would still use ultrafil like I did on my Selanne.

Didn't know that either. Even though twill is correct I hate the look of it as a nameplate and would still use ultrafil like I did on my Selanne.

well from the pics on dropthepucks, it looks like the Selanne has an ultrafil nameplate.

HA!! That's awesome!! I would totally buy that just to have it. I'm sure you're too young to remember but when Jagr first broke into the league, there was a big debate as to the real pronunciation of his last name. I know several variations included Jay-ger, Jag-er and Yay-gur, which sounds exactly like Jagermeister. I guess that's a tribute to those old broadcasters. I also love the fact that whoever customized it, used the CORRECT fonts for the numbers and letters...and it's complete with umlauts! :D

I also love the fact that whoever customized it, used the CORRECT fonts for the numbers and letters...and it's complete with umlauts! :D

You can nëvër have too many umlauts!

HA!! That's awesome!! I would totally buy that just to have it. I'm sure you're too young to remember but when Jagr first broke into the league, there was a big debate as to the real pronunciation of his last name. I know several variations included Jay-ger, Jag-er and Yay-gur, which sounds exactly like Jagermeister. I guess that's a tribute to those old broadcasters. I also love the fact that whoever customized it, used the CORRECT fonts for the numbers and letters...and it's complete with umlauts! :D

The correct pronunciation is "puffnuts."