EBay

Brilliant!

Even if no one here has baught anything from him, can any of you tell me if this is a "real" replica and not some knock off. Also from the pictures can you tell if the letters and numbers are sewn? Thanks

Looks legit to me. Pretty sure that style was never faked.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks legit to me. Pretty sure that style was never faked.

To me it also looks pretty good. That seller uses some nice pictures that contain detailed info about the jersey, so I would bet his jerseys are legit. Not bad prices either. :thumbsup:

I posted this in the "it is good or not" thread, but now I finally received it.

The seller advertised it as having "twin garter style fight straps".

There is no fight strap on the back.

Here are pics of it?

IMG_0056.jpg

IMG_0057.jpg

What do you guys think of it? Did Sandow make jerseys sans fight strap that were authentics?

The other authentic qualities are there (double elbows and shoulders)

Maybe you feel it is after the fact, but I saw that auction before you bought it and I would have bought it without a heart beat if I have no questions about the jersey. Pirce is too good to be true...

I stayed away from his auction for a reason.

There was also a seller from Quebec a few years back that sells tons of old Sandows (Sunday Gold Pens top the list).

Plus that 10th patch on shoulder is a big giveaway. It is a replica patch...

Even if no one here has baught anything from him, can any of you tell me if this is a "real" replica and not some knock off. Also from the pictures can you tell if the letters and numbers are sewn? Thanks

To me it looks like a factory customized CCM 550 style. They made a ton of those with Jagr on them and most of them are now closeouts. The factory customized CCM 550 replicas had twill lettering that was stitched together then glued to the jersey. Which isn't that bad especially compared to the current replica customization crap with the fake stitch-marks and the plasticy material.

I bought an authentic blank road Leafs jersey from him. Very fast shipping, and a fair price to boot.

Thanks for the input guys. Ive been looking for one of the Rangers 3rd jerseys for a while now. The only one Ive ever had was the blank one I got at my first game back in 97-98 I believe. I didnt want to pay a boat load for one so this was perfect. I usually wear a medium but for this price I guess I cant complain

Guh...that's a really nice Sandow Whalers jersey BUT when the Whalers first wore Sandow jerseys in 1981-82, ALL Sandow jerseys had fight straps in them. As far as I know, the only year that Sandow jerseys DIDN'T have a fight strap in them was in 1979-80. Also, and probably most noticable is the hemline. On the white jerseys, it was green with a white Sandow logo. It was green on both the home and away jerseys.

Guh...that's a really nice Sandow Whalers jersey BUT when the Whalers first wore Sandow jerseys in 1981-82, ALL Sandow jerseys had fight straps in them. As far as I know, the only year that Sandow jerseys DIDN'T have a fight strap in them was in 1979-80. Also, and probably most noticable is the hemline. On the white jerseys, it was green with a white Sandow logo. It was green on both the home and away jerseys.

So is this some sort of fake??? I never knew of any fakes made of this era, however I did come across a Sandow Penguins Sunday jersey remake recently.

I've never heard of Sandow fakes either. The fact that it has collar tags is a plus. The one I have doesn't so I don't know what to think. I mean, it's a really nice looking jersey; it's just not 100% accurate.

One of my white whales is on eBay. Trying to talk the guy down in price. Hopefully its big enough.

:glare:

i've had dealings with the seller twice and i... i guess if i can't say something nice...

i do know that the northstars jersey he has was on ebay last week, for $65 less than what he's asking for it now (except it was a green one) :blush:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230442941868&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123

i asked about the stars jersey:

"who made the jersey?"

"where are the tags?"

"if you have other pix please send them to"

his reply (the 2nd time he's replied to me this way":

"The jersey is made by the company that actually made the North Stars jerseys in that era.

The tags have been removed by me because i sell these at my website and have a license to manufacture these jerseys and choose to not disclose my vendors identity.

No more pics are needed - the rear view shows the same look as the front and the fight straps are visible through the front of the jersey.

This jersey really is the same as the on ice jerseys and is so superior to the current era $330 game jerseys that it's almost ridiculous."

I contacted the guys at Minnesota Vintage Hockey http://stores.classicmnhockey.com/StoreFront.bok

asking if they are affiliated with him and they found the reply "curious"

if you need a Stars jersey, go to their site and you can get one for $100...$75 less.

just sayin' :thumbsup:

I've never heard of Sandow fakes either. The fact that it has collar tags is a plus. The one I have doesn't so I don't know what to think. I mean, it's a really nice looking jersey; it's just not 100% accurate.

Yes it does have a tag SK logo with the name "Sandow Sporting Knit" under the SK logo.

The collar tag behind that one has the washing instructions on it.

I'm not sure really what to make of it? I bought this on the premise of trading this for something I wanted.

I didn't think this was a fake. I know that the 10th ann'y patch is a reproduction, as I saw Ron Francis' rookie card, and the patch looks thinner on the card than it does on this jersey. I'm pretty confident this is a real Sandow, however the lack of fight strap bugs me. I saw in this thread a while back that you mentioned a Sandow sans fight strap so this is not a new phenomenon at least in my opinion.

I got this gem off ebay today...He listed it as a XL when it was clearly authentic and a size 52. Unfortunetly it is the jersey that is signed and not the number...

But i'm happy with free shipping and it only costing $37

Authentic Sean Burke Coyotes Jersey

:glare:

i've had dealings with the seller twice and i... i guess if i can't say something nice...

i do know that the northstars jersey he has was on ebay last week, for $65 less than what he's asking for it now (except it was a green one) :blush:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230442941868&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123

i asked about the stars jersey:

"who made the jersey?"

"where are the tags?"

"if you have other pix please send them to"

his reply (the 2nd time he's replied to me this way":

"The jersey is made by the company that actually made the North Stars jerseys in that era.

The tags have been removed by me because i sell these at my website and have a license to manufacture these jerseys and choose to not disclose my vendors identity.

No more pics are needed - the rear view shows the same look as the front and the fight straps are visible through the front of the jersey.

This jersey really is the same as the on ice jerseys and is so superior to the current era $330 game jerseys that it's almost ridiculous."

I contacted the guys at Minnesota Vintage Hockey http://stores.classicmnhockey.com/StoreFront.bok

asking if they are affiliated with him and they found the reply "curious"

if you need a Stars jersey, go to their site and you can get one for $100...$75 less.

just sayin' :thumbsup:

That looks exactly like the vintage Minnesota hockey jersey. I have the white 91' jersey, and its the same material.

I got this gem off ebay today...He listed it as a XL when it was clearly authentic and a size 52. Unfortunetly it is the jersey that is signed and not the number...

But i'm happy with free shipping and it only costing $37

Authentic Sean Burke Coyotes Jersey

Dude, you stole that jersey. That is nice!

That would be me. I already got one off gawdawaful. :)

I'm debating buying one. I'm not sure a 48 would fit me comfortably with a sweatshirt. I'm 5'10 185 and usually wear a 52 in a 6100 or a large in the 550's. Although, I did buy a Premiere in a med. I'm on the fence. What do you guys think?

52 comes up too from time to time, and I wouldnt put too much weight in the premier's sizing since they run pretty big compared to the older jerseys

Hockeygear13 on ebay is https://vintagehockeyclassics.com/Home_Page.html

That Whalers jersey must be one of his reproductions.

Hockeygear13 on ebay is https://vintagehockeyclassics.com/Home_Page.html

That Whalers jersey must be one of his reproductions.

How are his jerseys from a quality standpoint?