EBay

Brilliant!

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow...that one's almost worth the recustomization price. Although the lack of the lack of the CCM collar tag is a little odd.

In my opinion, it's still a sweet looking jersey considering the rarity, but no shirt is worth that much unless it's got Gretzky's blood on it :blink:

Wow...that one's almost worth the recustomization price. Although the lack of the lack of the CCM collar tag is a little odd.

I'm sure it's legit. No one has ever faked that jersey. Since they did wear nameplates, you could always have the name stripped off and redone, assuming that the jersey is in your budget, you should be able to afford having it upgraded to make it right.

Not that I look for those often, but I don't ever recall seeing that jersey as an authentic before- ever.

I'm sure it's legit. No one has ever faked that jersey. Since they did wear nameplates, you could always have the name stripped off and redone, assuming that the jersey is in your budget, you should be able to afford having it upgraded to make it right.

Not that I look for those often, but I don't ever recall seeing that jersey as an authentic before- ever.

So CCM never offered authentics for those third jerseys? I remember reading that it was the case with the Kings "Burger King" jersey. I didn't know it also applied to the Ducks, Vancouver, and Lightning.

So CCM never offered authentics for those third jerseys? I remember reading that it was the case with the Kings "Burger King" jersey. I didn't know it also applied to the Ducks, Vancouver, and Lightning.

CCM never made Authentic "Burger Kings" and "Wildwing" Mighty Ducks jersey for retail. But they made Authentics of the Lightning and Canucks jerseys. I regret that I didn't buy the Lightning 3rd jersey when I was in Tampa and I also regret that I sold my Canucks 3rd Bure jersey :rolleyes:

They did make authentics. Not very many but they did. I know of 5 authentic TB Alts around I have one. I have only seen 3 LA Kings Alts. I have one also. I don't know if these were made for the team or what but they are very tough to find. A shirt that reare you will have to pay a price like that. We were offered $1200 for our Gretz Alt. I would rather sell 12 $100 jerseys then sell that one.

i second that! would love to get a look at those alts! i know they are a tough find. would love to get my hands on that lightning if you ever want to sell:) i own a few of those 1995 alts that were never sold retail including a bruins and a pens. the bruins and pens alts were sold in the following years (made by starter or pro player) but as far as i know the original 1995 alts made by CCM were not sold to the public; or if they were; NOBODY has them. i bought a game issued bruins 1995 alt Iafrate from meigray and it is nice. he never played at all that season due to his knees but he was still bruin property when those alts were done up for the team. one of the gems of my collection :thumbsup:

Can someone please give their opinion on this jersey and/or the seller. A friend has this style jersey in a replica, but I'm not at all familiar with this particular style.

Authentic Blackhawks vintage throwback

authenticblackhawks9192gd3.th.jpgthpix.gif

I looked at some of their other listings and found this jersey in a replica. One of the reasons I'm questioning this is because the neck tags in both the photos look the same to me. However, the photo quality isn't that great.

Replica Blackhawks vintage throwback

vintagecheliosthrowbacksn1.th.jpgthpix.gif

looking through my feedback, I've bought from them 6 times and had no problems.

If you are truly worried that this might not be an authentic CCM made jersey, I can assure you no one has ever taken the time and effort to fake this Blackhawks throwback since Sydney Crosby never wore one.

Not sure about the neck tags - but the orange NHL shield on the tail and the fight strap lend me to believe the first jersey is authentic.

2769_1.JPG

Don't know if it matters but I did notice the crest on the two jerseys is in a slightly different position in relation to the stripes. That could potentially be another telling sign that the first jersey is truly authentic. Unfortunately I don't know much about those vintage throw backs.

The good news? That IS an authentic jersey. The bad news? It's NOT an original TBTC jersey from 1992. That's an NHL Vintage remake. The CCM logo on the hem is just a patch sewn on rather than emroidered in and the jersey itself is an air-knit design rather than the ultrafil that the 1992 one was. That being said, it's a really nice jersey. I had an old Maple Leafs Vintage authentic and it was great. If you don't mind that it's not the original authentic, I say go for it. You shant be disappointed.

looking through my feedback, I've bought from them 6 times and had no problems.

If you are truly worried that this might not be an authentic CCM made jersey, I can assure you no one has ever taken the time and effort to fake this Blackhawks throwback since Sydney Crosby never wore one.

Thanks for the info on the seller. And as for fake Blackhawks jerseys, god, there are enough out there with Kane and Toews! Glad I don't have to try to wade through as many for a throwback like this

Not sure about the neck tags - but the orange NHL shield on the tail and the fight strap lend me to believe the first jersey is authentic.

Don't know if it matters but I did notice the crest on the two jerseys is in a slightly different position in relation to the stripes. That could potentially be another telling sign that the first jersey is truly authentic. Unfortunately I don't know much about those vintage throw backs.

Good eye, I hadn't even noticed that. I'm fairly familiar with the current jerseys and the previous RBKs, but the throwbacks are something I'm just now looking into.

The good news? That IS an authentic jersey. The bad news? It's NOT an original TBTC jersey from 1992. That's an NHL Vintage remake. The CCM logo on the hem is just a patch sewn on rather than emroidered in and the jersey itself is an air-knit design rather than the ultrafil that the 1992 one was. That being said, it's a really nice jersey. I had an old Maple Leafs Vintage authentic and it was great. If you don't mind that it's not the original authentic, I say go for it. You shant be disappointed.

TBTC? Sorry, is that a maker like RBK or CCM? Do you happen to know if they made the 1991-1992 alternate authentics for public sale back then, or would I have to look for a game worn jersey if I wanted one from that period ?

Thanks for the info. I think I just may go for it. The price seems reasonable, and I can certainly live with a vintage remake, as long as its an authentic and not a replica (I didn't like the feel of the replica my friend has).

Thanks for all the help everyone!

TBTC= Turn Back the Clock. It's a vintage series of jerseys made by CCM. The original 6 teams wore these jerseys for the NHL's 75th anniversary, with the NHL75 patch, in the 1991-92 season.

If they had that jersey, or any of the other TBTC jerseys, original, or vintage remakes in a size 52-56, I think we would be all over them. Alas, I could make a Kelly Hrudey headband out of a size 46.

Can I get anyone's opinion about this jersey auction? I'm assuming it's another "Authentic Replica" but I can't tell if it looks like a good copy or poorly done.

eBay Link

Sorry, but it looks like a fake. There are tons of this one out there on e-bay now. For starters, the new Edge authentics do not come in size 48. It jumps from 46 to 50. The font on the numbering also looks too thin.

The Indian head crest has several issues, including: The warpaint on the chin is too fat and on the cheek its too squared. The eye and lines on the forehead are not right, the circle holding the feathers together should have a red dot inside it, and the some of the lines in red and yellow feathers are not black (should be green, blue).

The whole crest is probably has a slightly puffy cloth look instead of this -

Legit crest

If you don't mind a replica, you're better off purchasing a legit replica instead of this not so great fake authentic. Keep checking on e-bay though, there are good deals on used, fairly cheap, legit authentics out there too. You just have to keep looking.

TBTC= Turn Back the Clock. It's a vintage series of jerseys made by CCM. The original 6 teams wore these jerseys for the NHL's 75th anniversary, with the NHL75 patch, in the 1991-92 season.

If they had that jersey, or any of the other TBTC jerseys, original, or vintage remakes in a size 52-56, I think we would be all over them. Alas, I could make a Kelly Hrudey headband out of a size 46.

LOL. Yeah, I think I'm kind of lucky to still fit into a 46 right now. They may be harder to find, but I think there are some better deals on the smaller sizes sometimes because the average Joe Hockeyfan does not fit into them. I thought about getting the 48, but figured it would be a darn fine reason not to gain any more weight, and maybe even work on loosing some. No way do I want to outgrow even one of my precious jerseys!

Thanks for the clarification on TBTC. I think I'll be looking for that anniversary patch too then.

Sorry, but it looks like a fake. There are tons of this one out there on e-bay now. For starters, the new Edge authentics do not come in size 48. It jumps from 46 to 50. The font on the numbering also looks too thin.

The Indian head crest has several issues, including: The warpaint on the chin is too fat and on the cheek its too squared. The eye and lines on the forehead are not right, the circle holding the feathers together should have a red dot inside it, and the some of the lines in red and yellow feathers are not black (should be green, blue).

The whole crest is probably has a slightly puffy cloth look instead of this -

Legit crest

If you don't mind a replica, you're better off purchasing a legit replica instead of this not so great fake authentic. Keep checking on e-bay though, there are good deals on used, fairly cheap, legit authentics out there too. You just have to keep looking.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll keep checking and hopefully find a legit one at a good deal.

LOL. Yeah, I think I'm kind of lucky to still fit into a 46 right now. They may be harder to find, but I think there are some better deals on the smaller sizes sometimes because the average Joe Hockeyfan does not fit into them. I thought about getting the 48, but figured it would be a darn fine reason not to gain any more weight, and maybe even work on loosing some. No way do I want to outgrow even one of my precious jerseys!

Thanks for the clarification on TBTC. I think I'll be looking for that anniversary patch too then.

HAHA!!!That's a funny one. Only people as obsessed about their jerseys like us would actually lose weight just so we can fit into our favorite jerseys so we can lay about the house with chips and beer to watch the game. :lol:

HAHA!!!That's a funny one. Only people as obsessed about their jerseys like us would actually lose weight just so we can fit into our favorite jerseys so we can lay about the house with chips and beer to watch the game. :lol:

LMAO. Too true! The fit is the main reason I'm not thrilled with the new "form fitting" Edge jersey and am sticking with the old style. I'm going to some games this year and that means wearing my jerseys in public, not just lazing about on the couch. I do not want to look like the e-bay seller of that Canucks jersey in akteon's post. :blink:

I suppose if we layed off the chips and beer, hot dogs and beer, and nachos and beer at gametime we might have an easier time of it, eh? Or is that why they make goalie cut jerseys....lol.

I wear a 56 so I make no bones about admitting I'm not very "svelte" but if a jersey doesn't fit, don't try to model it in your eBay auction:

Vintage Vancouver Canucks Jersey Size 56

Yuuck! How can you claim "never worn" and post a picture like that. Makes the value of that jersey ZERO.

LMAO. Too true! The fit is the main reason I'm not thrilled with the new "form fitting" Edge jersey and am sticking with the old style. I'm going to some games this year and that means wearing my jerseys in public, not just lazing about on the couch. I do not want to look like the e-bay seller of that Canucks jersey in akteon's post. :blink:

I suppose if we layed off the chips and beer, hot dogs and beer, and nachos and beer at gametime we might have an easier time of it, eh? Or is that why they make goalie cut jerseys....lol.

Hey! Was that a cheap shot at me and my fellow netminders? :P

I like when I go to MSG to see the Rangers and I can point out to my friends which White Messier jerseys are Griffenfood specials while we are on the beer line.

I wear a 56 so I make no bones about admitting I'm not very "svelte" but if a jersey doesn't fit, don't try to model it in your eBay auction:

Vintage Vancouver Canucks Jersey Size 56

LOL, that's bad. The V almost seems to be pointing at the spare tyre... :blink:

Hey! Was that a cheap shot at me and my fellow netminders? :P

Nah....course not! ;)