Brilliant!

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Check this one out.

http://cgi.ebay.com/MIKE-PELUSO-CHICAGO-BL...id=p3286.c0.m14

dbd2_2.JPG

Mike Peluso instantly became one of my favorites as a kid when I watched him punch the glass at the old Pepsi Coliseum and it shook the boards all around the ice. I love browsing EBay.

Sweet! Wish I had the bucks to shell out for this right now. A couple of days ago I decided to try to find an older UAA - Anchorage jersey and have it done up with his name and number. I'm still trying to track down his college jersey number, then I'll start looking for the jersey. I'll go with a current UAA jersey if I have to but I'll see what I can find first.

I lived in Alaska for a while and went to UAA for a year. I thought it would be a cool combination to show my love for the Hawks and Alaska.

A bunch of 2008 new premier third jerseys are on sale here...including Buffalo, Atlanta, St. Louis, Boston, PHX, and Tampa Bay. Looks like they are in stock...Seller from Indonesia so proceed with caution!

http://shop.ebay.com/items/__nhl-2008-thir...sidZm38Q2el1313

Do you think that they are rbk Replicas

The are either legit RBK Premier replicas from the factory in Indonesia OR they are fakes/knockoffs.

Do you think that they are rbk Replicas

The are either legit RBK Premier replicas from the factory in Indonesia OR they are fakes/knockoffs.

That narrows it down to everything. :lol:

That narrows it down to everything. :lol:

Bah :P I just meant they weren't authentics in any way shape or form (not even knockoffs of authentics).

I honestly think there is only a 10% chance or lower they aren't knockoff replicas. On Icethetics they mentioned that RBK says they haven't even begun shipping some of those new designs so there's no way they are legit.

The real question is are the RBK Premier replicas made in Indonesia - and if so, which is worse to buy, a knockoff or a jersey stolen from the factory?

which is worse to buy, a knockoff or a jersey stolen from the factory?

That's the same as asking "which is worse, shooting a group of people at a bus stop, or mowing them down with your car?" Neither is acceptable. Stay off ebay. It is full of thieves. Caveat emptor. Yeah, I'm sure a couple of people on this board will say "I sell on ebay and I'm not a thief". But the reality is that you can just not be sure of anyone, period. Guess what, a few bad apples do spoil the whole bunch. Because there really is zero policing. Bad feedback means nothing, they will just reopen under a new name and start all over again. And someone who buys a pirated or stolen item is just as wrong as the seller, and the eyes of the law generally agree with that.

I always thought it was Craigslist where you got the stolen goods and eBay is where you got the second-hand stolen goods ... :D

I always thought it was Craigslist where you got the stolen goods and eBay is where you got the second-hand stolen goods ... :D

Then I stand corrected. :lol:

Just picked off a CCM white liberty NYR. :)

That's a nice one to get. They only wore that jersey one year, but during that year they wore both 3 color and 2 color name styles.

They sent in the 2 color version to the league for approval, so all the customizers were told to gear up for that style and then the team had their on ice jerseys made up with three color names at the start of the year, upsetting the customizers who had clients complaining about their work being inaccurate, so the team was told by the league to make their on ice jerseys match what they submitted and was approved.

Just be sure to specify which version you want if you send it in to get lettered. The numbers were always 3 colors.

Got a question for you guys, I bought a jersey from an eBay member in Canada (I'm in the US) and when I won the auction the seller said he needed to get a quote on shipping, but wanted to make sure he was covered in the shipping costs, as he had quoted low before and lost, which I understand. I got my quote for jersey, and for a $100 jersey, hes telling me its going to cost me $80 for him to ship it from Goderich, ON to Vancouver, WA. Seems a bit steep to me, especially when I've bought from Canada many times on eBay and I think $20 is the most I have paid, even with River City Sports, that was $12. I'm a bit flabbergasted. I feel hes trying to make up for the fact its an authentic edge jersey that I got for $100 lettered, that he bought from River City Sports right after Hossa signed with them, so hes taking a hit for sure.

Got a question for you guys, I bought a jersey from an eBay member in Canada (I'm in the US) and when I won the auction the seller said he needed to get a quote on shipping, but wanted to make sure he was covered in the shipping costs, as he had quoted low before and lost, which I understand. I got my quote for jersey, and for a $100 jersey, hes telling me its going to cost me $80 for him to ship it from Goderich, ON to Vancouver, WA. Seems a bit steep to me, especially when I've bought from Canada many times on eBay and I think $20 is the most I have paid, even with River City Sports, that was $12. I'm a bit flabbergasted.

Sounds like a rip off to me. I got a jersey from Canada and I'm in NY and it cost about $15.

Got a question for you guys, I bought a jersey from an eBay member in Canada (I'm in the US) and when I won the auction the seller said he needed to get a quote on shipping, but wanted to make sure he was covered in the shipping costs, as he had quoted low before and lost, which I understand. I got my quote for jersey, and for a $100 jersey, hes telling me its going to cost me $80 for him to ship it from Goderich, ON to Vancouver, WA. Seems a bit steep to me, especially when I've bought from Canada many times on eBay and I think $20 is the most I have paid, even with River City Sports, that was $12. I'm a bit flabbergasted. I feel hes trying to make up for the fact its an authentic edge jersey that I got for $100 lettered, that he bought from River City Sports right after Hossa signed with them, so hes taking a hit for sure.

$80???? Is he overnighting it to you? There is no way, shipping from him to you is going to cost him $80. I just went to Canadapost's website and did an inquiry myself, the most expensive method should be about $27, of course the size of the package may change that, so I put in oversized measurements and came up with only $36 shipped from Goderich to Washington. I would question the seller about the price of shipping again and ask him how he came up with that number.

Thanks for the responses, I'm glad others feel the same way. I usually roll my eyes at $12 for a jersey, even to other countries. Is there anyway dispute shipping costs on ebay? I've never had a situation where I feel I'm getting the shaft in the shipping department that I couldn't bite the bullet and just agree to? And Lafountain, can you post the shipping calculator you used, so I can send it to the seller to see if I can get him to drop his price?

Thanks for the responses, I'm glad others feel the same way. I usually roll my eyes at $12 for a jersey, even to other countries. Is there anyway dispute shipping costs on ebay? I've never had a situation where I feel I'm getting the shaft in the shipping department that I couldn't bite the bullet and just agree to? And Lafountain, can you post the shipping calculator you used, so I can send it to the seller to see if I can get him to drop his price?

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/listing-shipping.html

Here is the calculator I used. http://www.canadapost.ca/Personal/Tools/RC/Usa.aspx

To get his postal code, I just did a google search for Goderich, ON Postal Code and that gave me what I needed to get the quote.

Shouldn't be that much man, do not pay it...

Yeah, I don't plan on it. I'm hoping I get a response to the email I sent him saying how I've done business w/ Canadian eBayers and the most I've paid for shipping is $20, etc. I even looked on the Canadian Post website, you can get a flat rate box for $20, so I think I'll offer him $120 and positive feedback or go about taking action through eBay to resolve this. I guarantee its because it was a starting bid of $100 or a Buy it Now of $300, and he didn't get what he was looking for it. Part of me would be happy if I didn't get it and just called it a wash, but now I want to get it on the principal of the matter, not because I want the jersey, but so he doesn't squirm by and do this to someone else later. If this doesn't work out, I'll just settle for a Winter Classic jersey, which I'll get either way and have some more money in my pocket.

Yeah, I don't plan on it. I'm hoping I get a response to the email I sent him saying how I've done business w/ Canadian eBayers and the most I've paid for shipping is $20, etc. I even looked on the Canadian Post website, you can get a flat rate box for $20, so I think I'll offer him $120 and positive feedback or go about taking action through eBay to resolve this. I guarantee its because it was a starting bid of $100 or a Buy it Now of $300, and he didn't get what he was looking for it. Part of me would be happy if I didn't get it and just called it a wash, but now I want to get it on the principal of the matter, not because I want the jersey, but so he doesn't squirm by and do this to someone else later. If this doesn't work out, I'll just settle for a Winter Classic jersey, which I'll get either way and have some more money in my pocket.

If you can work out a more reasonable shipping cost with him, do so, but if he refuses, report him to eBay and write off the auction. With their new feedback policy, he can't neg you for standing up for yourself.

Update: my white NYR liberty arrived today and looks great!

I've shipped express post to Scotland for $50 from Canada, which if I recall, was the most expensive option available to that part of the world. This guy is being a serious douchebag for sure.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIt...em=260313302481

Notice the "Z" on that jersey.

I feel lucky I was able to get that jersey for 400$ just a year ago!

Thanks for all the responses, any one know what "legal" eBay action I can take in this case. I don't want to let him get away with this and the link Lafountain posted shows that what hes doing is against eBay rules, I just don't know how to go about enforcing it (other than neg feed back, which will only do so much to motivate). Anyone know what I can do. I was gonna look into a dispute, but it has to be 10 days after the auction closes to do so. I really want to hit him with an ultimatum, I'll pay the price of the jersey and $20 for shipping, or X will happen and leave if up to him. But again, I feel if all the negative recourse that can happen is negative feedback, he might just take it and try to sell it again to make some more money. If you don't want it to sell for a certain price, set a reserve. If there was one, I wouldn't have bid and he'd still be without any money for it.