Movies

Mach_9

I just saw the Prestige today in honor of Halloween. I liked it quite a bit. Anyone seen anything worthwhile recently, either in theatres or on dvd? It can be old, but if you've watched it recently and enjoyed it give it a mention.

I just saw the Prestige today in honor of Halloween. I liked it quite a bit. Anyone seen anything worthwhile recently, either in theatres or on dvd? It can be old, but if you've watched it recently and enjoyed it give it a mention.

This past weekend, my wife went and saw the Prestige also. While she was seeing that, I went and saw Saw 3. It was really good and I enjoyed it quite a bit.

This past weekend, my wife went and saw the Prestige also. While she was seeing that, I went and saw Saw 3. It was really good and I enjoyed it quite a bit.

I saw the first saw. It was alright. I thought the acting was pretty bad, but otherwise enjoyed it. The second and third looked better, but I'm not a big horror person. The Prestige was fun though.

I saw the first saw. It was alright. I thought the acting was pretty bad, but otherwise enjoyed it. The second and third looked better, but I'm not a big horror person. The Prestige was fun though.

Horror movies have always been my favorites. I have been watching them pretty much since I was 2.

Just rented The Rocket, a movie about Maurice 'Rocket' Richard and the extreme pressure and stress that he endured as a francophone hero in then English dominated Montreal and Canada. A great peek at the glory days of Canadiens hockey and the life of a hockey legend. Also really enjoyed the great re-enactment of 50's era hockey games - they really did an excellent job being true to the era. Not sure if you'll find it at your local blockbuster in the US, but here it is on Amazon

Actually thanks for the link to the amazon location Wolf. I'd been thinking about it since you mentioned it the other day and definitly want to pick it up and take a look. I watched a very strange korean film tonight from about half way in. It was really artistic and well shot, but they have some strange ideas in korea apparently... (I probably should have guessed...)

Actually thanks for the link to the amazon location Wolf. I'd been thinking about it since you mentioned it the other day and definitly want to pick it up and take a look. I watched a very strange korean film tonight from about half way in. It was really artistic and well shot, but they have some strange ideas in korea apparently... (I probably should have guessed...)

Korea is a strange place, but then again to them we are strange.

I just sat and watched a couple horror movies after the Sharks game before I had to come to work. Watched the remake of the Hills Have Eyes and watched some of Halloween 5.

Korea is a strange place, but then again to them we are strange.

I just sat and watched a couple horror movies after the Sharks game before I had to come to work. Watched the remake of the Hills Have Eyes and watched some of Halloween 5.

How was the remake of the Hills Have Eyes? My son said it was great (which means I would probably dislike it, since I'm not much into horror). I don't mind the old stuff, but some of the new horror movies are just much more psychologically and visually disturbing, owing to the fact that the threshold of what we'll allow in our films has been pushed so much farther than it used to be.

How was the remake of the Hills Have Eyes? My son said it was great (which means I would probably dislike it, since I'm not much into horror). I don't mind the old stuff, but some of the new horror movies are just much more psychologically and visually disturbing, owing to the fact that the threshold of what we'll allow in our films has been pushed so much farther than it used to be.

The original is still much better, the remake isn't horrible but it isn't great either.

Would like to see The Prestige, anyone seen Borat? Apparently good but I just don't see it. I am really looking forward to the next Bond movie in November.

I think Borat comes out Friday... I might go see it to see how many lines it crosses. It does look offensively amusing.

I think Borat comes out Friday... I might go see it to see how many lines it crosses. It does look offensively amusing.

It doesn't look like a movie, I would enjoy as a whole. So I am probably going to miss that one. The next movie I can think of that I am looking forward to that comes out in theaters is The Return which is another thriller type movie.

It doesn't look like a movie, I would enjoy as a whole. So I am probably going to miss that one. The next movie I can think of that I am looking forward to that comes out in theaters is The Return which is another thriller type movie.

I agree. I don't think I'll enjoy Borat as a movie, but I do enjoy controversial and potentially offensive humor so I want to check it out at some point. From what I've seen of the previews the guy has no bounds and is not afraid to say anything in front of anyone. That kind of unchecked humor has the potential to be tremendously funny if he keeps it somewhat tasteful and out of the gutters. If he doesn't it'll just turn into another ridiculous comedy that's barely bearable.

I agree. I don't think I'll enjoy Borat as a movie, but I do enjoy controversial and potentially offensive humor so I want to check it out at some point. From what I've seen of the previews the guy has no bounds and is not afraid to say anything in front of anyone. That kind of unchecked humor has the potential to be tremendously funny if he keeps it somewhat tasteful and out of the gutters. If he doesn't it'll just turn into another ridiculous comedy that's barely bearable.

From what I have seen of the character, Borat looks pretty dumb. I wonder if Kazakh Nik Antropov will see it. This may be a case where the movie's funniest moments are all shown in the previews and trailers. Too many movies are like that, like most of Will Ferrell's (nothing against him, he's hilarious) flicks.

I like raw, offensive humor. The Aristocrats and Team America World Police are flicks that are just wrong, but I like stuff like that! B)

From what I have seen of the character, Borat looks pretty dumb. I wonder if Kazakh Nik Antropov will see it. This may be a case where the movie's funniest moments are all shown in the previews and trailers. Too many movies are like that, like most of Will Ferrell's (nothing against him, he's hilarious) flicks.

I like raw, offensive humor. The Aristocrats and Team America World Police are flicks that are just wrong, but I like stuff like that! B)

The Aristocrats was fantastic. I'm not sure about Borat. It seems like it could work. Apparently Kazakhstan filed a suit against him for big money. I'm interested to see how the movie actually is. Sometimes he seems kind of clever, because he gets real people to say things candidly that they would never say if they knew what he was really filming. If he had any taste when filming this, it might turn out alright, and may even have some intelligent moments.

The Aristocrats was fantastic. I'm not sure about Borat. It seems like it could work. Apparently Kazakhstan filed a suit against him for big money. I'm interested to see how the movie actually is. Sometimes he seems kind of clever, because he gets real people to say things candidly that they would never say if they knew what he was really filming. If he had any taste when filming this, it might turn out alright, and may even have some intelligent moments.

The full title is awesome, "Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan". Haha, just read that out loud. This does remind me of Yakov Smrinov ('what a country!) humor, which only goes so far.

Sascha Baron Cohen is a funny guy. He was good in Talladega Nights. I will probably wait until it comes out on DVD or PPV.

The last movie I saw was "The Departed." Most excellent. Bloody violent, but very good. I love intrigue movies like that. Even though you know the basic plot (DiCaprio, Damon, Alec Baldwin, Mark Wahlberg, and others are cops, Jack Nicholson is the gangland mob boss, DiCaprio infiltrates the gang, Damon is the rat in the PD), how it plays out is just gripping.

Plus, it's chock full of Boston accent, which makes me feel like home (I've lived in Detroit for the last 18 years, but I grew up in Boston).