IIHF Throwbacks

benpc21

I found this on another site and thought you guys would be interested. At this years IIHF World Championships they are celebrating 100 years by having teams wearing a throwback jersey for a game, based off jerseys they wore years ago. I like this idea and think it will be cool to see, and based on the play of the Coyotes I might have to get a Marcel Hossa Slovakia one, we'll see how things go.

2311161353_9c4432f7cc_o.png

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As long as they aren't Nike Swift jerseys, this is going to cost me a lot of money I don't have right now. Those are all pretty sweet, but I have GOT to have that CCCP jersey. I can't wait to see the Germany one all lettered up too.

The nice thing is with the World Championships in Canada, we might stand a chance of actually buying some of these. Sometimes in the past when there was a jersey I wanted, like Latvia for instance, they were not available anywhere but the World Championships website online store during the tournament. I had to order mine from the Czech Republic in that two week window before the store was taken off-line.

Last year the Russians wouldn't ship outside of Russia. <_<

Some of the 2005 jerseys were awesome, but I have never, ever seen the Austrian one for sale anywere.

I believe its only the 15 (of 16) teams mentioned there. I got the info from another site, so I'm not 100% sure about the program, just know there are some sweet jerseys.

• 2 weeks later...

These Jerseys are going to make me broke this spring. I'm thinking of getting the Russia, Sweden, USA, and Canada jerseys. I really need to cut that list down as that is probably well over $1000 for the jerseys and customization

AHHHHH those Canada Cup jerseys are AMAZING! I can't stand Team Canada but I might just have to get that one. That is just gorgeous! The CCCP one is sweet too.

• 5 weeks later...

Anyone know when these Jerseys will be available to buy. Now that the Capitals are eliminated I'm hoping Ovie gets named to team russia :)

Anyone know when these Jerseys will be available to buy. Now that the Capitals are eliminated I'm hoping Ovie gets named to team russia :)

I'm starting to hear about Wild players who are likely to be asked to go play in the Worlds and I'm starting to picture a Mikko Koivu Finland and a Burns Canada and a Rolston USA...

This could get expensive...

Might there be a new Kovalchuk for my collection developing here?

That 1956 CCCP is a killer design. I first saw a photo of it in the IIHF 100th Anniversary book and thought it was great. Then just weeks later I find out it's the choice for the retro program, which I had no idea was even coming. It's a clear sign I must own one...

I like that little note in the lower right hand corner of the page.

The Belarus jersey is not really a "Vintage" jersey that was worn by a past team as the nation only has a brief hockey history.

I'm starting to hear about Wild players who are likely to be asked to go play in the Worlds and I'm starting to picture a Mikko Koivu Finland and a Burns Canada and a Rolston USA...

This could get expensive...

Well there is one Wild player you won't have to worry about. http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=3365314

Well there is one Wild player you won't have to worry about. http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=3365314

What a wuss. Get off your butt and go play for your country. I wish players would take the World Championships more seriously. Same goes for Demitra and Rolston.

Are these replicas going to be cheap and flimsy like the previous Nike swifts? I'd like one but I don't know.

THAT is the million dollar question, because if there are good quality, non-Swifts it's going to cost me a million dollars buying all of them! :thumbsup:

As soon as I can find out, you'll be hearing about it one way or the other.

Just an FYI I have had both style of jerseys in my hands (Replica and Authentic). The replicas are much like the premier jerseys, they aren't paper thin like the previous Swift jerseys. The authentics are very lightweight, no stretch to them and have a rough gritty feeling to them much like a brown potato sack. All in all I don't think the replicas are all that bad so I can see it being worthwhile to plunk down the dough for one.

Russia roster now out, looks like I will be getting a new Kovalchuk, and those of you that want the Ovechkin, he is on the roster as well.