IIHF Throwbacks

benpc21

Jerseys from the 6th.

Canada (The only team so far to have names on the backs of the jerseys)

Canada-1.jpg

Slovenia

Slovenia1.jpg

Slovenia2.jpg

Czech Republic

Czech1.jpg

Czech2.jpg

On the 7th, the last of the vintage jerseys will be worn by France, Norway, and Sweden.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No surprise really that the Canada jersey is available for sale on icejersey (Team Canada Vintage), are any of the others going to be available?

Hey Wolf, got any information on this?

No surprise really that the Canada jersey is available for sale on icejersey (Team Canada Vintage), are any of the others going to be available?

Hey Wolf, got any information on this?

Yea, no kidding. Where the heck are the retail versions of these? NOW is the time for them to be on sale.

I've seen just a single USA on ebay and that had inaccurate customizing. It was a #88 Kane with the name on the back. Problem is Mueller is wearing #88 and Kane is #83 and they did not wear names on the back.

Norway could have also used some blue trim on their numbers, but France really would have looked great with some red trim on the blue numbers.

Do you suppose anyone will break out the throwbacks as the tournament progresses? There's a couple of teams that have to feel like they are "lucky" jerseys.

If these are throwbacks then aren't the one or two color numbers they are wearing now the same that they used when these jerseys were current?

You would assume so, but there is a Game Worn 1976 Canada jersey on ebay right now and it doesn't have a name on the back but the jerseys that Canada wore were the only ones with the name on the back.

Interesting dilemma tomorrow for the USA. If they beat Norway, they would finish 3rd in their group and probably sets up a rematch with Finland, who won the game today thanks to a shot that went into the goal through the side of the net!

On the other hand, if Finland beats Canada, they win the group and a victory earns the USA a matchup with Canada. Problem for the USA is their game is first, so they won't know where they stand beforehand.

To Win or Not to Win. That is the question... On the other hand, could we possibly lose to Norway and have anyone believe it was on the up and up? Nah...

Now, if Norway loses, they have to fear Latvia beating Germany and losing their chance to advance to the next round themselves.

Just win baby! Who's the US's goalie? Ryan Miller or DiPietro?

Worse. Tim Thomas and Craig Anderson. DP is out with that hip and I don't know what Miller is doing.

Worse. Tim Thomas and Craig Anderson. DP is out with that hip and I don't know what Miller is doing.

Think Thomas is injured too, it was Esche yesterday and again today.

If they beat Norway, they would finish 3rd in their group and probably sets up a rematch with Finland, who won the game today thanks to a shot that went into the goal through the side of the net!

Ridiculous that was, considering they video reviewed it and still got it wrong. No great surprise to hear the video judge isn't going to be working anymore this tournament.

Well a 9-1 Victory for the US over Norway means they next play the loser of Finland/Canada which are the two teams to have beaten the US in the tournament so far.

Well a 9-1 Victory for the US over Norway means they next play the loser of Finland/Canada which are the two teams to have beaten the US in the tournament so far.

They have plenty to prove and outplayed both teams at points in those games. I believe the US will crush Finland Wednesday as they are so mad at the outcome Sunday it will have a huge impact. Selanne really showed his true colors after the game taunting the US bench. He has no problem putting US dollars in his bank account. As for the goaltending, Esche has played very well, Anderson should be brought up on treason charges after his "performance" in the Germany game. Sorry, I'm still mad after watching that game Sunday.

Not for nothing but the goal judge at that Finland-United States game should be fired. As soon as possible too. Allowing a goal like that to count is grounds for termination in my book.

Not for nothing but the goal judge at that Finland-United States game should be fired. As soon as possible too. Allowing a goal like that to count is grounds for termination in my book.

This is what the IIHF had to say after they reviewed the goal.

The IIHF formally acknowledged after the game that Koistinen's shot had, indeed, entered the side of the net and should not have counted, and the video-goal judge will not be working for the rest of the tournament.

Sorry guys, but that goal was just another example of anti-American sentiment felt not only around the world in general, but in the hockey world. Example, the atrocious behavior of the Montreal fans in this years playoffs during "The Star Spangled Banner". Or what about the behavior of the Vancouver fans towards the US during the 05-06 World Jr. tourney. Or we can go back the the first World Cup in 1996 when the fans in Ottawa booed the US and cheered Russia when they played. Even Don Cherry was upset at that. The IIHF is led by an individual, Rene Fassil, who hates the United States. When the US won the World Jr's in 2004, he looked like he wanted to barf when he had to present the trophy and the gold medals to the US team. I do not think for one moment that this "call" was an accident or oversight. JMHO.

Well the Semis are set, unfortunately the US lost to Finland in OT.

Semis are: Canada vs Sweden and Russia vs Finland.

I forsee a Canada/Russia Final.

Go Ruskies.

Well the Semis are set, unfortunately the US lost to Finland in OT.

Semis are: Canada vs Sweden and Russia vs Finland.

I forsee a Canada/Russia Final.

Go Ruskies.

Uh, oh. Did you read that Kovalchuk is suspended for the Finland game for getting his second game misconduct of the tournament? That should even things up a bit.

Russia v. Switzerland game story

Uh, oh. Did you read that Kovalchuk is suspended for the Finland game for getting his second game misconduct of the tournament? That should even things up a bit.

Russia v. Switzerland game story

I saw that he got the misconduct while I had the ticker on the game open while I was at work (Your tax dollars hard at work), I saw that and figured he would be suspended. While it is a hit, it isn't all that big, he has 0 goals and 6 assists in the tournament so far, who would have ever thought that he would be a teams leading playmaker.

Canada/Russia playing for Gold/Silver

Finland/Sweden playing for Bronze

OK, everyone say it with me now, both teams - WEAR THE THROWBACKS IN THE GOLD MEDAL GAME!! :skaterwht::fight::skaterred:

The double throwback combo is possible since Canada's were white and Russia's were red. :thumbsup:

OK, everyone say it with me now, both teams - WEAR THE THROWBACKS IN THE GOLD MEDAL GAME!! :skaterwht::fight::skaterred:

The double throwback combo is possible since Canada's were white and Russia's were red. :thumbsup:

That would be the perfect way to finish off the tournament. It would be great to see it done that way. While your at it, put the Russian names on the jerseys in Cyrillics.