IIHF Throwbacks

benpc21

That would be the perfect way to finish off the tournament. It would be great to see it done that way. While your at it, put the Russian names on the jerseys in Cyrillics.

БИРЅУКОВ

ЕРЕМЕНКО

НАБОКОВ

ГРЕБЕСХКОВ

КАЛИНИН

КОРНЕЕВ

МАРКОВ А

МАРКОВ Д

НИКУЛИН

ПРОСХКИН

ТЅУТИН

ВОРОБЅЕВ

АФИНОГЕНОВ

ФЕДОРОВ

ГОРОВИКОВ

КОВАЛЦХУК

МОРОЗОВ

МОЗЅАКИН

ОВЕЦХКИН

РАДУЛОВ

СЕМИН

СУСХИНСКИЅ

ТЕРЕСХЦХЕНКО

ЗАРИПОВ

ЗИНОВЅЕВ

You can't tell the players without a program! Get your programs here!

Ѕоу цан'т телл тхе плаѕерс њитхоут а програм! Гет ѕоур програмс хере!

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

БИРЅУКОВ

ЕРЕМЕНКО

НАБОКОВ

ГРЕБЕСХКОВ

КАЛИНИН

КОРНЕЕВ

МАРКОВ А

МАРКОВ Д

НИКУЛИН

ПРОСХКИН

ТЅУТИН

ВОРОБЅЕВ

АФИНОГЕНОВ

ФЕДОРОВ

ГОРОВИКОВ

КОВАЛЦХУК

МОРОЗОВ

МОЗЅАКИН

ОВЕЦХКИН

РАДУЛОВ

СЕМИН

СУСХИНСКИЅ

ТЕРЕСХЦХЕНКО

ЗАРИПОВ

ЗИНОВЅЕВ

You can't tell the players without a program! Get your programs here!

Ѕоу цан'т телл тхе плаѕерс њитхоут а програм! Гет ѕоур програмс хере!

Those would look so perfect on the Russian jerseys in the final.

OK, everyone say it with me now, both teams - WEAR THE THROWBACKS IN THE GOLD MEDAL GAME!! :skaterwht::fight::skaterred:

The double throwback combo is possible since Canada's were white and Russia's were red. :thumbsup:

Won't happen.

http://www.iihf.com/channels/iihf-world-ch...Hash=acc9802b7e

Rule 240 b in the Offical IIHF rule book states "In IIHF competions, each player shall wear his name on the upper portion of the back of his sweater, printed 10 cm high, in block capital ROMAN letters." http://www.iihf.com/channels/iihf-world-ch...rmat-rules.html

Rule 240 b in the Offical IIHF rule book states "In IIHF competions, each player shall wear his name on the upper portion of the back of his sweater, printed 10 cm high, in block capital ROMAN letters." http://www.iihf.com/channels/iihf-world-ch...rmat-rules.html

Where is the fun in that?

Where is the fun in that?

No kidding. What a serious blown opportunity for some fun, attention and a marketing opportunity.

I guess since I have have not seen the throwbacks for sale anywhere, they don't care to market them.

Has anyone actually seen any throwback from any country for sale anywhere yet? During the tournament when they were worn would be the time to sell them, you know? <_<

No kidding. What a serious blown opportunity for some fun, attention and a marketing opportunity.

I guess since I have have not seen the throwbacks for sale anywhere, they don't care to market them.

Has anyone actually seen any throwback from any country for sale anywhere yet? During the tournament when they were worn would be the time to sell them, you know? <_<

Not the real deal Nike jerseys but...this is all i could find so far

Finland

click pelipaidat then 1965 vintage

http://www.ksbsport.com/suomi/product_details.php?p=

Germany

http://www.firstdown.info/shop_deb/product...;products_id=94

I emailed river city sports to see if theyd be getting any overruns from the tournament like they usually do.. hopefully they do

Its a start!... I really want an Italy...

Icejerseys has the Canada jersey for sale (Canada Jersey)

I have emailed a couple of the retail sites about this and have not yet heard back.

What a game. Russia wins the gold 5-4 in OT. Canada controlled it after 1 but Russia fought back to force OT and then win it.

Well I got a response from icejerseys when I emailed them asking about the fact that they had Canada and asked if they were gonna carry any of the other throwbacks, here is the response I got.

Unfortunately Nike is not producing any of the other throwbacks for the other teams. They are only producing the Dark Replicas for most teams.

Well that sucks.

Well I got a response from icejerseys when I emailed them asking about the fact that they had Canada and asked if they were gonna carry any of the other throwbacks, here is the response I got.

Unfortunately Nike is not producing any of the other throwbacks for the other teams. They are only producing the Dark Replicas for most teams.

Well that sucks.

I can't say that surprises me at all. What a bunch of boneheads. What's the problem, not interested in my $2500 Nike? That's what one of each would have set me back.

You at least think they would see the possibilities of marketing the Russian one for the Ovechkin and Kovalchuk fans out there, even before they won the title. <_<

I have seen one seller on ebay who has had the USA jersey though, with Nike tags.

USA Nike Kane throwback jersey

That's the same one from the 2008 Worlds, right? It shouldn't have the name on the back and Kane wore #83, but it looks like our 1960 throwback.

I can't say that surprises me at all. What a bunch of boneheads. What's the problem, not interested in my $2500 Nike? That's what one of each would have set me back.

You at least think they would see the possibilities of marketing the Russian one for the Ovechkin and Kovalchuk fans out there, even before they won the title. <_<

I have seen one seller on ebay who has had the USA jersey though, with Nike tags.

That's the same one from the 2008 Worlds, right? It shouldn't have the name on the back and Kane wore #83, but it looks like our 1960 throwback.

doesnt surprise me either.. I went to quebec fully expecting to see jersey for sale in the shop.. I wonder if anyone got to talk to the players about getting the jerseys..

hopefully they will be selling them as game worns? .. man that makes me mad.. like i said before. i hope nike releases their overstock like they did for river city sports..

That does look a lot like the 1960 Throwback. I have searched through every hockey jersey sales site I know of and none of them have that jersey listed, so I am not sure where that seller got that one.

Even though this years tournament just ended, the groups for next years tournament in Switzerland have been announced.

The groups for the 2009 IIHF World Championship in Switzerland:

Group A: Canada, Slovakia, Belarus, Hungary.

Group B: Russia, Switzerland, Germany, France.

Group C: Sweden, United States, Latvia, Austria.

Group D: Finland, Czech Republic, Norway, Denmark.

Groups A and D will be played in Zurich-Kloten, Groups B and C in Berne.

Even though this years tournament just ended, the groups for next years tournament in Switzerland have been announced.

The groups for the 2009 IIHF World Championship in Switzerland:

Group A: Canada, Slovakia, Belarus, Hungary.

Group B: Russia, Switzerland, Germany, France.

Group C: Sweden, United States, Latvia, Austria.

Group D: Finland, Czech Republic, Norway, Denmark.

Groups A and D will be played in Zurich-Kloten, Groups B and C in Berne.

Uh, who picked those groups? Don Cherry? Sheesh. Have you ever seen a weaker group than the one Canada drew? The 74-75 Captials weren't available? :rolleyes:

• 11 months later...
A (big) suprise as I started to watch the game :) (played May 1st 2009)

Even more surprising was that they were never-worn-before white throwbacks since they wore blue ones in 2008.

The throwbacks from last year they only had one set made and the players didn't even get to keep them. This is what I was told by Gunther Hell.

The throwbacks from last year they only had one set made and the players didn't even get to keep them. This is what I was told by Gunther Hell.

hey , id like to talk to you about that.. can you email me personally at aferra9@rochester.rr.com.. I used to collect team Italy jerseys and was interested in those and the story behind it all..

Anthony

:D Yeah I already saw those last year. Not sure what to think about them, maybe when you're desparate -_- . €87, €107 customized ...

So far no other team has worn throwbacks this year ...

• 3 months later...

So did none of these jerseys ever even hit ebay. Not even the gamers? I would have thought that Nike and the IIHF would have auctioned them for charity at least if they didn't let the players keep them. Maybe they are being stored in a warehouse some where on Nike's headquarters like the Ark from Indiana Jones.

The only ones I've seen at retail are the USA and Canada ones. I'm crushed they never sold the rest, especially Russia. What a completely bungled opportunity on their part. The IIHF can be weird that way. Can you imagine that they don't even have an online store as part of their website to sell programs, pins, patches, jerseys or just an IIHF logo polo shirt?

I think they are anti-capitalist. After all, they were the ones who scrubbed all sponsorship from the ice and the jerseys in the Champions Hockey League.